watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, August 09, 2010, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

A bit boring this as we often put this type of posting up for perusal. We beat Weder Bremen 5-1. true it is only a friendly but I have not read one line in any publication or heard any report that put any superlative in front of the scoreline, no more that just 'beat'. Last week Man Ure won 7-1 in against the League of Ireland and got much credit. The thing that was most reported on Saturday was that old red nose came to watch Ozil closely followed by footage of an urban fox that got into the ground. I wonder what the comments would have been if we had lost 5-1?     

Lighthouse

Well we didn't actually win 5-1. They lost 5-1. It was 'undeserved' by some accounts. Although last weeks 1-0 defeat at Pompey proved we would struggle. Nothing to see here then. Hughes will have problems- and Fulham have overachieved for two years.

For a club that is supposedly loved as the second team of many and a Prem team for the last ten years. We are still treated as interlopers. But then we are. No good trying to pretend anything else. We are and always have been  unique and some people really don't like it
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OldBrownShoe

And it is not the first time a fox has made an appearance at a home match though for the moment I can't remember when the previous occasion was.  Anyone else remember?

The meeja still think we are about on a par with, say, Leyton Orient or Bournemouth. Still why should we care. We are Fulham.  Black and white and unique. Yes we didn't get credit for this win but we have rarely got credit for wins against Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal, the Dark Side etc.  They always played badly or some item of news, not match related, got in the way.  We are Fulham about to have one of our strikers play for England. You know the one. 'West Ham's Bobby Zamora' as reported on the BBC News the other day.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

OldBrownShoe

Perhaps old Red Nose was actually there to cast another weary eye over one of our subs? Eddie Johnson perhaps. Fergie he is yours for £10 million.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

watfordwhite

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 09, 2010, 04:30:15 PM
Perhaps old Red Nose was actually there to cast another weary eye over one of our subs? Eddie Johnson perhaps. Fergie he is yours for £10 million.
£10 million!!!!!! I would take £10,000.00.  :54:

watfordwhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2010, 02:24:18 PM
Well we didn't actually win 5-1. They lost 5-1. It was 'undeserved' by some accounts.
(quote from LIGHTHOUSE)

The first 1/2 was very poor, but the second 1/2 we were far the better team. 3 of the 5 goals were stunning.
Just because EJ scored, does not mean WB were poor!!!!!  :011: