watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rohan Ince - view from the Amex

Started by Shredhead, February 03, 2016, 07:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

I also post on the Brighton and Hove Albion equivalent forum North Stand Chat and asked what they think about Rohan Ince. I got loads of replies which make for an interesting read. The consensus was that he needs a good run in the team, is a good defensive midfielder (or going forward) but his passes can be a bit wayward. The thread is here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?333354-Rohan-Ince
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

FPT

Interesting.

Since Jokanovic has come in, we've looked to dominate the ball, and I do think Ince's role will be to sit there keeping the ball ticking and if/when the ball is lost - to break up play. I think his size will help us both defensively and offensively from set pieces; even though he hasn't got a strong record for goals scored.

I think quality coaching will help him in terms of positioning, in accentuating his strengths and hiding his weaknesses and growing the intelligence and understanding of what he does can lead to results.

I feel the comments on age is a little harsh, he turned 23 in November and although this is a point where he should be looking to get consistency into his game, he's still young enough to be given a 'bye' for a mistake here and there. He doesn't even have 100 games under his belt and I understand he played the majority of his youth career at centre back so you've perhaps got to accept a little development in terms of on the ball in midfield.

This has dampened my feelings about him a little, but he is what we need and I think our more attacking midfielders will give him as nice as passing channels as possible.

Shredhead

On the whole, I was heartened by the reaction on North Stand Chat. There were a few repeat moaners (ahem, unlike FoF :dft001:) but overall it was positive. I agree with your analysis - he could protect our defence, complement our attacking midfielders and add some threat at deadballs. I look forward to seeing him on Saturday.

Southdowns White

I also live in the Brighton area and friends have said he is a good, strong player who when in the right position does the  job well , they also say he needs to get a decent run in the team, he does well closing the opposition down and certainly helps out the defence from his midfield position. Sounds right for us.

hovewhite

speaking to brighton fans they all rate the lad and say we have got a good player.

nose

if that was all correct then he sounds like just what we have needed for a couple of years.

Ordar

An interesting read. Seems to split opinion quite a bit. The long and short of it is though, we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Have done for years. All we need him to do is hold in midfield, win the ball and pass it simple to our more creative players. Basically what Etuhu did for us. Just add some physicality to our midfield which we've been lacking.

If he can do that then that's all we need.

MikeW

Agree with Ordar.  If he can make that position his own he has a job for next 5/6 years
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

We have time and again been outplayed physically and in the air, sounds as if Ince may be a player to held solve that problem.

Looking forward to seeing him in the team, maybe tomorrow.

Carborundum

Sounds a good player.  Not every side needs a player with these strengths, but I'm in no doubt that we do.

Shredhead

I thought he did well on Saturday and did exactly what was presumably asked of him. Pity he was subbed at halftime.

copthornemike

Quote from: Shredhead on February 08, 2016, 10:08:40 PM
I thought he did well on Saturday and did exactly what was presumably asked of him. Pity he was subbed at halftime.
Agreed - and our pressing game which was working well in the first half seemed to suffer as a consequence.

snarks

I think the manager got the sub right, Kaka looked more of a threat, running at players and delivering crosses. With the wind behind them in the second half, Derby were always likely to bypass the midfield,so what the team needed was people who could run with it at their feet.

Amazed at a Fulham manager making a half time tactical sub, something I've not seen for a few years.

leonffc

Quote from: snarks on February 09, 2016, 08:32:23 AM
I think the manager got the sub right, Kaka looked more of a threat, running at players and delivering crosses. With the wind behind them in the second half, Derby were always likely to bypass the midfield,so what the team needed was people who could run with it at their feet.

Amazed at a Fulham manager making a half time tactical sub, something I've not seen for a few years.

Agree there. Ince looked decent but not too sharp on the ball - that could change with some match time though so it's not a criticism.
As for Kaca, I'm far from a fan of his but I thought he was superb when he came on. Very direct and not as wasteful as he can be. He looked dangerous to me so credit where due

Chutney

Quote from: leonffc on February 09, 2016, 11:19:23 AM

Quote from: snarks on February 09, 2016, 08:32:23 AM

Agree there. Ince looked decent but not too sharp on the ball - that could change with some match time though so it's not a criticism.
As for Kaca, I'm far from a fan of his but I thought he was superb when he came on. Very direct and not as wasteful as he can be. He looked dangerous to me so credit where due

This is the thing that frustrates me most about Kaca, he has so much ability!
C O Y W

RaySmith

I think Kaca's really improved under the new manager -looking a very good player, but just needs the final product for his hard work in games.

He needs a bit of composure near goal, and confidence.

jarv

Good posts, very positive. Living abroad, I dont see games but posts like this give me hope for future games. Having said that, when will be the next win?????

Skatzoffc

Thought he looked class, even tho possibly not match fit.
In conversations with others we had comparisons with Papa Bouba & Etuhu.

Personally, he reminded me of a young Patrick Viera.
I want to see more of him.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Carborundum

Quote from: Ordar on February 05, 2016, 02:11:08 PM
An interesting read. Seems to split opinion quite a bit. The long and short of it is though, we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Have done for years. All we need him to do is hold in midfield, win the ball and pass it simple to our more creative players. Basically what Etuhu did for us. Just add some physicality to our midfield which we've been lacking.

If he can do that then that's all we need.
You have my full agreement.  Based on a whole 45 minutes observation, I'd say he's not quite as intimidating as DE, but possibly a slightly better passer.  Not that he was trying to spray it around, it's just that if we are being honest, with DE even some of the five yarders went astray.  DE was about the best standing tackler I can remember and I'm hopeful RI can show us that skill.  Give me a standing tackle over a bicycle kick any day.