watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eddie Johnson hopes to impress and for run in team under Hughes

Started by os5889, August 09, 2010, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

A small story I know but usually evokes a discussion Eddie Johnson hopes for run in team under Hughes....

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/08/09/johnson-hopes-to-impress-under-new-fulham-boss-64767-27027847/

Johnson hopes to impress under new Fulham boss
Aug 9 2010 By Paul Warburton

EDDIE Johnson insists he's got a point to prove to new boss Mark Hughes.
The Fulham frontman has spent the majority of his 30-month stay at Craven Cottage on loan elsewhere, but scored in his first appearance under Hughes in Saturday's 5-1 thumping of Werder Bremen.
But the USA international admits this is last-chance saloon to make an impression in SW6.
He said: "This is the last year of my contract, so a new manager is a fresh opportunity to get a run of games."

AlFayedsChequebook

If he gets a run in the team and takes his chance then  I will be delighted. I like him and his work rate.

However, if by january he has been playing and still stinking up the joint then I think we should offload him.

mccscratch

I am one of the few left who thinks Eddie still has a place with us.... I do not feel he has ever gotten a fair run out in a match with the starters... he has improved his knowledge and ability to hold up play better... he has the pace we lack with Kamara leaving and AJ always crocked.... he seems valuable to me in the last 10 mins when the game is stretched...

I can't help but think how things might have been different had he scored against Spam on the chance he created all on his own...though he might have missed out on going to Aris where I think he was appreciated for what he was and gained some confidence back...

Until Sparky signs someone with pace up front he seems to be worth something to us.

Good Luck Eddie, keep it up.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

Quote from: mccscratch on August 09, 2010, 04:15:45 PM
I am one of the few left who thinks Eddie still has a place with us.... I do not feel he has ever gotten a fair run out in a match with the starters... he has improved his knowledge and ability to hold up play better... he has the pace we lack with Kamara leaving and AJ always crocked.... he seems valuable to me in the last 10 mins when the game is stretched...

I can't help but think how things might have been different had he scored against Spam on the chance he created all on his own...though he might have missed out on going to Aris where I think he was appreciated for what he was and gained some confidence back...

Until Sparky signs someone with pace up front he seems to be worth something to us.

Good Luck Eddie, keep it up.

PLUS ONE, kind sir.

Now waiting for Mr. Finn, etal, to bring in da noize and bring in da funk
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Long time with us...and not a lot to show for it.

How much longer would you give for him to prove himself?

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on August 09, 2010, 04:29:56 PM
Long time with us...and not a lot to show for it.

How much longer would you give for him to prove himself?

Well, for a start, more than 90 minutes total in Premiership matches over two seasons would seem fair.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Oh I am going to hate myself in the morning. But agree with mccscratch and Hatter. There is plenty wrong with EJ. One of which was Roy never gave him any time. He nearly came good at Spam and how different that would have made him feel. Mind you Roy still would not have given him more time.

So good luck to him. Under Hughes everybody can prove themselves.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Well, I was happy to see him get a chance with Fulham when he came, but I count myself among the many who were sure he was out of his depth from the start.

Folks have said it before, and I agree, that he never has gotten the chance to prove he belongs here. But, in reality it was likely clear to Roy from training sessions that Eddie needed an education.

For me, Eddie has taken it all on the chin, on multiple occasions, and has picked himself up off the ground every time. He's taken both loans in stride and won over his most vociferous critics (the fans). I think he's likely won over a coach or two as well.

I'd certainly be happy to see him win over the Fulham faithful. I hope he earns and gets the opportunity to do so.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude