Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 09, 2010, 04:22:53 PM
:doh:  Bugger! Can we change our mind about Sparky? :002:

I would rather have hughes, O'neill is massively overrated IMO. Good manager, but not a great one. Villa to go backwards this season.

MrCheviot

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/ClubNewsDetail/0,,10265~2116445,00.html

Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect.

Martin O'Neill said: "I have enjoyed my time at Aston Villa immensely. It's obviously a wrench to be leaving such a magnificent club. I would like to pay tribute to the Villa players, my coaching staff and the Villa supporters for all the support and encouragement they have given both the club and me personally during my time as manager. I wish them all the best for the future. I will obviously be assisting the club in the immediate short-term with regard to the handover of my duties."

No further comment will be made by either Aston Villa or Martin O'Neill until further notice.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

Burt

os5889

Will this help us out? Or will they get Jol?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on August 09, 2010, 04:33:49 PM
Will this help us out? Or will they get Jol?

If they get Jol, then Jol would have to resign from Ajax, something he wouldn't do for us.

mrska

God as a Villa fan i'd be gutted at the timing alone!!

Jimpav

Do we think this is because of Milner and Ashley Young being sold?

Should free up a European spot for us quite nicely.

HatterDon

Wow! I did not see this coming. I rate O'Neill highly. I thought Villa had the one decent American owner in Randy Lerner. It's not his style to interfere with his coaching staff.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out -- and if the press gets ANY of it correct!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

AlFayedsChequebook

Curbishly favourite to take over (according to skybet).

cebu

I'm wondering whether Sparky wishes he hadn't signed for Fulham so quickly.  :003:

timmyg

Who resigns 5 days before the season, with James Milner still on the roster? I could see O'Neill protesting the sale and then resigning as a result.

Now we can safely say that managers are as "disloyal" as players.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: timmyg on August 09, 2010, 04:48:29 PM
Who resigns 5 days before the season, with James Milner still on the roster? I could see O'Neill protesting the sale and then resigning as a result.

Now we can say that safely managers are as "disloyal" as players.

IMO much worse than anything that Hodgson supposedly did. Villa up the proverbial creek a week before the season starts. Nice one MON!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: cebu on August 09, 2010, 04:46:56 PM
I'm wondering whether Sparky wishes he hadn't signed for Fulham so quickly.  :003:

Villa still think they are a top 4 team,they are not, Villa is such a poisoned chalice as they won't spend the money but expect to be in Europe on a regular basis.As a club they are the size of Everton but will not do what Everton are doing and build up slowly-it doesn't help that every time they get a half decent player they get pinched by Man City mind you :dft012:

Lighthouse

You can see it can't you? Hughes off to Villa after 5-1 friendly win. O Neil takes over England and Curbs comes to Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cebu

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2010, 04:56:14 PM
You can see it can't you? Hughes off to Villa after 5-1 friendly win. O Neil takes over England and Curbs comes to Fulham.
Hughes to Villa after his distinguished successful career at Fulham. Actually, in the modern game, you couldn't completely rule it out!  :011:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cebu on August 09, 2010, 04:58:40 PM
Hughes to Villa after his distinguished successful career at Fulham. Actually, in the modern game, you couldn't completely rule it out!  :011:

At least we would get some decent Compo!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

BEHAVE YOURSELF BEAMER THAT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY(much :dft012:)