watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jimmy Bullard joins Robinson and Brown in International retirement

Started by os5889, August 09, 2010, 05:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://newsarse.com/2010/08/09/jimmy-bullard-joins-robinson-and-brown-in-international-retirement/

Jimmy Bullard joins Robinson and Brown in International retirement

Following announcements by Paul Robinson and Wes Brown, Jimmy Bullard has pushed the England team into further disarray by announcing his retirement from International football.

The un-capped midfielder spoke of his intention to focus on being not-quite-as-good as Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard for his club Hull City, without the distraction of being not-quite-as-good as them for England.

His announcement marks the loss of three hugely significant members of Capello's recent squads, each of whom has brought their own unique abilities to the International arena.

England Fan Shane Green told us, "Watching Wes Brown play for England always made me feel like I could also make it at the top of the professional game.  And I lost a leg ten years ago in an industrial accident."

"And Paul Robinson's career has shown amateur keepers up and down the country that there is no such thing as a 'good' goalkeeper, and that flapping at crosses, dropping shots and letting in soft goals is perfectly normal."

"But worst of all is Bullard.  We are a nation of slack-jawed footballing simpletons, and who will we look up to now?"

England

Following the retirement of three such key individuals, England manager Fabio Capello has had to go back to the drawing board with his plans for Euro 2012.

"Who will pick up the bibs after training now?" he asked reporters.

"Who will stand in the wall when the good players want to practise free-kicks.  It is a new selection head-ache, for sure."

"They might think they are doing the right thing for themselves and the country, but my one word of warning would be that every time a professional footballer retires from international competition, it puts Phil Neville one place closer to a recall."

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

:005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

a good little website (in your non FoF spare time), the mick mcarthy story about league tables made me choff

gang

Surely to retire from doing something you have to have first done it, I don't remember bullpoo playing for England.

cebu

Perhaps Jimmy could be non-playing player/manager/coiffeur at Villa?

Pickle

Quote from: os5889 on August 09, 2010, 05:12:19 PM
a good little website (in your non FoF spare time), the mick mcarthy story about league tables made me choff

:54:I liked the Joe Cole one good stuff

Burt

Erm...

How can you actually retire from something you weren't doing in the first place?

:002:

TheDaddy

Quality  :62: I retired from international shove ha'penny many years ago.I wont go into to much detail but we coundnt find any coins !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

os5889

Quote from: Burt on August 09, 2010, 06:17:39 PM
Erm...

How can you actually retire from something you weren't doing in the first place?

:002:

Cough Cough Joke Cough Cough

blingo

JB continues to try to be a joker. What a pillock. Best 5m we ever sold for.

Rupert

Is it just me, or are a few posters missing the point here? :023:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Chopper

I also recently announced my retirement from International football.  :005:
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Rupert on August 09, 2010, 07:24:33 PM
Is it just me, or are a few posters missing the point here? :023:

Ha ha, I thought that - to think that people say Americans don't get irony!

(unless they're double bluffing, and we're the ones who don't get irony?)

Vinnieffc

finnster01

I don't think Capello is losing too much sleep over that announcement.

After all, if you get called up for the first time into the England squad and you play Andorra, and you never even get subbed on to play for a few minutes, it should tell you that perhaps you are surplus to requirements.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

CorkedHat

For those of you who don't get it, this is what we call satire - in other words a J-O-K-E
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us