https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from QPR

Started by terryr, February 08, 2016, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Believe it or not they're already looking ahead to Saturday:

" We owe them big time !!!!!!
They are sinking at present , I really hope we shove it down their throats.
Spotty Tarquins"

" Agree mate. If there's any team in this division that needs a massive hiding it's them. Really hope our lot don't bottle it and we smash em."

" Shame its a poxy early KO .
I fooking hate Sky Sports !"

" 10 points behind us, be 13 next Saturday"

" Just hope we beat those cants. Nothing less will do."

" I think it will be a decent game which will end up a draw. Proper bogey side to us I'm never confident against them"

" The players need to realise that this is a must win game at all cost for us fans."

" Just another boring early ko
Why some of you on here even give them a second thought baffles me !"

" havn`t sold their allocation , p iss poor support"

" I hope JFH gets the players up for the game, local derby and all.
We haven't turned up the past few matches v the Rupert's!"

"This build up to this week needs to be this is a local game we can't keep going into local derbies and surrendering from the kick off same applies to Brentford and Charlton beaten before we step on the park"

"  this is just anova game to the players , it means more to us , bragging rights , i live closer to putney bridge than i do to the bush and loads of them come out of the wood work boasting how they are gonna put us in our place . we need to put on a proper 3 or 4 nil show and shut the muvvers up"

" Would take ugly one nil now"

" on't mind what the result is, I'd just like to see the bright football we showed on Saturday repeated. This is an improving side now and there's some real and justified cause for optimism for next season."

"I think 6 would be a good return as long as 3 come against the Ruperts and Tarquins (Fulham for those that don't understand)"

"HAVE to beat Fulham ffs. After that shambles in September, we seriously need to win some pride back.
As for the next 3 games; reckon we will draw to Ipswich, beat Fulham and beat Bolton. 7 points."

"If we go with a more positive attitude especially at home we can do Ipswich and them Rupert's, we should off done Ipswich on Boxing Day but 2 late goals undone us, Bolton could be tricky. A few weeks back we would off beat them easy but 7 points will be great"

"Fulham - hell of a bogey side with 1 win against them in last 7 fixtures with 6 defeats. Not sure why anyone thinks 3 points is likely especially the way QPR are performing - another draw."

" Personally am not 1 for historical records at clubs. The players at the club now were, predominantly, not there for the last 6 games vs Fulham so, IMO, it's irrelevant. I go on current performances and how I feel we will do. Think Fulham are $hit and we should win that game if we play to even 80% of our ability"

"I hear the Ruperts best player (McCormack) has gone on strike to get away from the dump"

" Just beat them Rupert carnts that's all I care about. They always turn up against us. Where as our bottlejobs always put in a disgrace of a performance."

"  nothing less than a win against those cants will do. farking hate them."

" Beating foolham should keep jimmy floyd hasslepants in a job till may"

" Fair point about historical records, but can you explain why QPR have never won at the City Ground in 32 attempts? Different set of players even when Forest wrre getting relegated they couldnt win. Somehow I think players get to know about the history and it plays on their minds - hence the sequence continues.
Current form for QPR is not good either. You underestimate Fulham possibly out of a strong dislike for them. They can cause QPR problems.
Also, Bolton may be atrocious yet they still scored 3 at Loftus Road."

" I'd take two losses against Tractor Boys and Trotters if we could guarantee the win against the Ruperts as have a very posh acquaintance (not a mate) who supports the Fools as does his missus(who has amazing t1ts) and they gave me awful grief when we lost 4-0 as they did when they put 6 past us a few years back...!!"

[bThe reasons to hate Fulham thread!][/b]

" Their 1975 fa cup final song 'a viva El fulham'.......stomach churning!"

" There is no reason to hate Fulham."

" Hugh grant?"

" Agreed .......................... life is too short to go round hating for no reason"

"Blimey you taken a bump to the head as well!"

"I don't hate them as that would inflate their egos, the Rupert's aren't important enough to give a **** about. They are a tediously dull club with nothing interesting about them."

" Martyn Busby"

"  Diddy David Hamilton"

"Well that's about half of their total fan base named and shamed!"

"That statue"

"Those clapper things they give out to try to create an atmosphere among the Pippa's and Sebastians!"

" still remember the Shoot magazine showing the great Bobby Moore having just moved Fulham.
His words on the cover said ............. "I like Friendly Fulham"
.......... which is good enough for me. I just don't like them anywhere near as much as our club.  "

" I hate the scum!!!! but Fulham , don't even see them as rivals , there a nothing club with poncey fans that would actually all admit they would rather be watching ruggers !"

"Never seen Fulham as rivals or have a problem with them.
Only thing I think was a bit cringy was Lily Allan crocodile tears at that final. Does she still go?"

" Didn't she defect to that other lot in SW6?"

" http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/26/lily-...hing-club-to-support-chelsea-instead-4709689/"

"Oh well, perhaps one of her next husbands will support Fulham"

" I'm grateful to them for allowing us to beat them and break our losing streak of 17 games in the PL - a record now surpassed by Villa!"

"  Most non footballing fans along with reading dnt hate em their just deluded"

I'l update this later in the week
First update

"We will do them, and I can't wait for it. We need to get some pride back after the humiliating results away to them & Brentford earlier in the season."

" HarefieldFFC says
Must admit - it'll be pretty pathetic if we can't shift just over 3,000 tickets for a game in the same borough, but unfortunately the make up of our support has changed much for the worse over many years now
Too many hoorays who come from Surrey, and can make it across Barnes Bridge for a game on a nice day, but haven't got the instinct to want to get behind the team on someone else's patch, no matter how local.
Looking forward to it myself (school end lower), and am hoping those that do go, make it a decent atmosphere for a local derby (reminiscent of the late 70s/early 80s games when we had more proper local support).
Word is, we've sold nearly 2,750, and I'm hoping the rest can get shifted by the end of the week, but as I've said, it is what it is with our 'support' at the moment.
On another matter, despite what the original poster has said about us being on the slide, we might not have won in the five league games since Jokanovic took charge, but those of us who have been to every game, can see the improvement week on week, and I honestly think a win is just round the corner.
Naturally, I'd love it to be round your corner on Saturday.
See you then - COYWS!"
hmmmmm !

"Too many hoorays who come from Surrey, :[/QUOTE]
Not sure whether you`d class these areas as Surrey (or sw London ) ,but a decent chunk of your chaps in the 80s and 90s were from Wallington ,Carshalton ,Mitcham ,Sutton,Cheam etc thats when you had still real support"

" Haha, bring it on Harefield! Decent post mate, I've got a Fulham mate who's a 'proper' fan (grew up literally opposite CC), I feel sorry for him and you that you've become like a small Chelsea."

" Now it's time for the R's to take over Surrey eh Vespa
'Surrey massive'"
HarefieldFCC
" South West London (and A3 corridor I suppose) is still our highest concentration of support, whereas yours appears to be a bit more local to the original area.
Rangers are quite well represented out where I live (i.e. Greenford/Northolt/Ruislip/Uxbridge), and the make up of your support hasn't been diluted as much by the less passionate newbies from our Premier League days.
I grew up in Chiswick during the 70s, and back then Fulham/QPR would have had a much more earthy feel about it, even though we didn't play each other until the end of that decade. I knew a lot of Rangers fans at school though, and so the 'rivalry' was always there for me.
Personally, I always get an extra buzz for games against you, Chelsea, and even Brentford, as it brings back the memories of old school football atmosphere, and the slight edge that brings to the day.
Luckily, I still know enough like minded Fulham fans to keep the old spirit alive, even though it pains me that ticket sales are slow for such a game

" why stop at Surrey ? I`m after world domination ! ( bit like that Rangers boy on page 9 of yesterdays Currant Bun ! but without the beards !!)"

" Reckon the atmosphere will be quality on Saturday....if you aren't up for this game there is something wrong with you !"

" Better to have 2750 proper fans then another 300ish who's hearts not in it"

" stuff the bright football, this game is all about winning. want to beat those cants so bad.
#pumped"

" Its not the kick off time that concerns me, but that it is another liveon Sky match and QPR rarely win those. How many times have they been live this season and only 1 win."

"Double hiding for Fulham Saturday"

"  Can I just say I CANT BLOODY WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!
I can not wait..
God damn it we owe them a miserable afternoon..
They smashed us earlier in the season & I'll never forget the 6-0 Taarabt bus stop debacle.
Sky cameras are in town, the local enemy & our recent tourmenters are on the menu!!
We'll do them 3-0 with a Washington hatrick & all live happily ever after, won't we?!"

" I like Fulham and fully admit to watching Premiership games there when they were a force. It was cheap and managed to watch some great players
About our fans realised what a bunch of idiots we have become to other fans and the country
IMO we should cull a few dinosaurs who sit at LR moaning **** pigs pond life scum ... It's 2016 FFS"

" Reports are that Faurlin has an "ongong" thigh problem and will struggle to be fit for Saturday.
Barring other injuries who should we bring in? Toszer or as more natural for the position. Henry likewise but without the passing skills of Ale or Toszer or do we go attacking and bring in a Chery maybe.
(and there's always Gobern Harr"

" QPR 1 Fulham 3."

" QPR 2-0 Fulham"

" QPR 4. - 0. Fulham."

" If we play 4-4-2 I reckon we'll flog em.

Washington to score his first in QPR colours.

Rangers 4 (Washington, Holiett, Polter, Luongo)"

" Rssssssssss 4 Fools 0

Was at the Cottage when we got hammered earlier in the season. I want revenge JFH"

" With 3 draws and 2 wins in our last 5 games I can start to see tiny glimpses of hope for next season which is a nice feeling.
Lets keep it going and Smash Fulham, send them nearer to the bottom three."

That's it from a quick search. I'll look again tomorrow

This is getting to be quite fun.
Some of the latest ones are quite funny.
They're a mixed lot
Some are real mouth breathers, others quite good at placing their tongue firmly in their cheek.

Reasons to hate Fulham continued

"Isn't this a bit of a Childish thread? reflects badly on this board in my opinion."

" It's a childish board."

" not sure if this is tongue in cheek or not but we should not be hating Fulham.
It's not their fault we have been absolute rubbish on our last 3 visits.
I would go so far as to say if we went out of business, I would definitely go and support FFC ."

" Young Sebastian caused quite the storm when he came across this thread - blazing into the room waving his iPad and disrupting me as I dipped warm organic Buckwheat pitta bread into a terracotta dish of homemade aioli Rupert had brought back from school. A small splodge landed atop my blue lounge moccasins rendering me quite incapacitated lest I take it off, and break the no bare-feet rule Lottie has instituted since we laid Persian rugs throughout the north wing, or risk moving and spreading the horror. Whilst Sebastian raged at the injustices, quoting directly some of the more malicious posts with perfect annunciation, Harriet, quite brilliantly, fashioned an improvised net with her harp and riding whip and removed the offending article.
With the domestic chaos now subsiding I'll be contacting Hugo and the gangs respective PA's to agree a suitable rendezvous point for Saturday on South Africa road - from which we will introduce the ends of our sharpest brogues to the winkies of locals until I am satisfied an appropriate and commensurate level of confusion and terror to that which I have just suffered has been created.
After that I intend to paper clap the chaps to a resounding triumph. Sebastian has been going since 2000, he's always fearfully asking when might QPR beat Fulham, 8 times now he's seen them, it must be something like 19 - 4 to Fulham on aggregate. 6 wins, a draw and only 1 loss. I think the worry steams from the shock in 2012 when QPR scraped a win. I remember his sorry eyes turning to me - fat tears falling and then beading up on his wax Barbour jacket - "why did the fat man from the pub score daddy" he sobbed as the final whistle blew."

"Outstanding. You are wasted on Fulham."

" You've just made me splutter pie 'n' mash all over me fackin stolen keyboard bruv."

" Do we still do that thing whereby the visiting team has to accept and pay for the complete lower tier allocation even if they can't flog them all? I imagine Fulham will sell their tickets okay but be funny if they end up with hundreds of spares they've paid us for."

" How many did we bring to Fulham this season ? hard to tell with neutral stand maybe"

" The Initial allocation was 2900 which we sold then we received an extra 1000, but couldn't tell you how many of them we sold"

" Sold out our allocation and maybe around 150-200 in the neutral bit"

" There's a proper inquest going on FOF site about what an embarrassment it is they cant sell out their allocation !
One fella even keeps saying we didn't sell out at their place , when we took all the 4000 allocation possible , ( to be fair though he has been put straight by one of their more sensible posters)."

" Bottom line this just goes to show what all Rangers fans know, and all Fulham fans try to deny: Rangers are the bigger club."

" Naww I think Celtic are...."

" WTF would their crowds be if they went back down to the third ?
Back to 4 k probably , glory hunting muppets . Lets make this happen !"

" Paul Parker :
""He's managed Fulham but I can say that QPR is 100% a totally different club to Fulham – and he'll find that.
"Fulham don't have the same mentality or hardcore of fans as QPR. At Rangers you find loads of fans who were there way before I played there and can tell you everything about that club.
"It's a proper club – a smaller version of Man United in that sense. Fulham is a different type of club and the QPR way is something I hope Sparky embraces."

" FoF are full of jokers. They have threads about us all the time, discussing Austin, how much we apparently hate them, anytime we make the news basically. Yet the only time we start a Fulham thread is when they are our next opponent. I know its on going banter, who cares about who the least, but on evidence I've seen, they are the only ones competing."

" Just wana beat them, There flirting with relegation I'd love to stick the boot in & get our revenge for the 6-0 4-0"

" PR's transfer window: the answers to five important questions

By David McIntyre 04/02/2016

With the transfer window now closed, here are some answers to some of the most common questions QPR fans have been asking on social media about the club's January dealings.

Why didn't QPR sell Matt Phillips?
Rangers, who demanded £10m for Phillips when they rejected a bid from West Bromwich Albion in the summer, would probably have sold for around £7m this time around.

Middlesbrough offered £6m but as it was their first offer and there were then 11 days of the transfer window remaining, and with West Brom, Watford and, to a lesser extent, Bournemouth showing an interest, there seemed a fair chance that Phillips could secure a move to the Premier League and Rangers could get a higher fee.

There were strong indications that Boro would have been prepared to increase their bid, but the player's wages might have been more of a problem and it's far from certain that Phillips would have signed for another Championship club, albeit one in with a very strong chance of promotion.

Watford looked elsewhere, while West Brom did not raise money by selling Saido Berahino and could not offload Callum McManaman – a player QPR were interested in – because he suffered an injury. So in the end Phillips stayed put.
Phillips was expected to leave Rangers last month

Phillips was expected to leave Rangers last month

Why was Charlie Austin sold for just £4m?
Austin would have been able to leave on a Bosman free transfer at the end of the season because his contract was due to expire. He rejected numerous attempts by the club over a long period of time to tie him to a new contract, instead making it clear he wanted to keep his options open.

Several big clubs were reported to be chasing Austin in the summer, but they quite simply weren't. Rangers wanted £15m, but in the end there was no real decision to be made because the clubs that did make an approach, Leicester and Crystal Palace, were not of interest to Austin, who – as an English striker who had scored 18 Premier League goals – could have expected to be a tempting option in the summer for even the biggest clubs if he was available on a free.

Southampton, however, was a somewhat unique case because of the location. When they came in for him and Austin made it clear he wanted to sign for them, Rangers decided to let him go.
Did QPR get loan fees for Caulker, Sandro and Fer and who is paying their wages?
Rangers received a £1.5m loan fee for Caulker from Southampton when he joined them on a season-long deal in the summer. So in order to sign him, Liverpool paid the Saints £750,000 and are paying all his wages for the rest of the season. There is no agreement in place for a permanent transfer.
Swansea paid a significantly smaller loan fee for Fer and are paying all of his wages. Again there is no agreement to make the deal permanent.
Swansea had earlier discussed a potential loan deal for Sandro, who later joined West Brom. Albion are paying the Brazilian's wages. There was no loan fee paid for that deal but Sandro's move is set to be made permanent if he plays a certain number of games during his loan spell.
Why didn't Rob Green leave?
Rangers wanted to offload Green because of a clause in his contract that means he will land a new deal if he makes five more appearances this season. Crystal Palace indicated they would sign him if they first offloaded former QPR keeper Alex McCarthy to Fulham, but that move didn't happen.
Why didn't Rangers sign anyone else, particularly a striker?
The club were generally limited by Financial Fair Play, which has been the overriding factor in their transfer dealings. They made enquiries about several strikers and made a pre-deadline attempt to sign Czech forward Jiri Skalak, who later joined Brighton.
Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey went to Austria and saw Skalak play in a friendly for FK Mlada Boleslav against Red Bull Salzburg – the Austrian club's youth academy is well regarded and Ramsey, now QPR technical director, wanted to visit. Rangers had an offer for Skalak rejected.
Oxford United midfielder Kemar Roofe was linked with a move but that was never likely. Rangers enquired about him earlier in the window and Oxford wanted £3m.
Enquiries were made about a number of left-backs and manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was particularly keen on one in Germany, but nothing materialised.
Italian defender Marco Motta had a trial and a short-term deal was discussed, but he has been told he will not get the contract he wanted and there is now no prospect of him being signed."

"Continuing my run of bad predictions:
QPR 2 V 1 Fulham
First Goal scorer: Polter
First Goal Time: 16-30"

"Could you please be more precise?"

" We seem to get tired late on in games is this due to over training.
FULHAM were the same under the Germans coach they had."

"  One of my hate teams. so looking for at least a 3-0 win."

" That would still make it 3-4 on aggregate Phil.... I'm going for a 5 - 0 battering...."

" I don't think they'll beat us 5-0 , we've improved by AT LEAST a goal since the last time we played them"

" We do owe them a proper tonking."

" Fulham hate us the way we hate Chelsea so they'll be up for it. I'd say a sneaky 2-1 win. Any win will make me happy"

"Really looking forward to this. Apart from the members' areas there are only single seats left and Fulham should sell out too. Lively 12.30 kick-off for a change. We want 7 (but would take 1-0)!"

"Any sort of win would be great, been a while since we won a London Derby"
Very much looking forward to this one - I think at last we have a team that will be really up for it and will fly at Fulham the way they did at us the last two games.
I'll be tuning in from Vancouver at 4.30 a.m. Going for a hard-fought 2-1 to the Rs."

" If any of my North Americano compadres are not already aware, we're on the telly, Bein, 7.30am EST. Never really had any problems with Fulham."

Hating Fulham is like hating your auntie. You just dont think much about them unless they give you something.
Even then you turn your face when they stoop to give you a kiss on account of the gin smell and body stink as the sour sweat cause their cardigan stick to their armpits.
Other than that who cares?"
"I couldnt have said it any better"

" Foolham cranking it up.... I think they are up for it!
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/february/09/follow-fulham-away"

" If QPR start the game like we did at the Cottage all the players will need putting against a wall and shooting.
Losing I can handle, it's the manner of the defeat (all the last three at CC) that is unacceptable.
Sure, a battering for them would be most welcome but I'd take a 1-0 win with a scrappy goal cannoning off the @rse of any player in the box. "

"Back to Back wins and beating them on TV . It would really seem like we had turned a corner"

" 2-1 Rangers.
And then one of the best weekends in living memory."

" Really? Are you planning to " Go Large" on that Big Mack Meal you've been eyeing for a special occasion?"

I might go to the Five Guys at Westfield if we win....only if we win though. If we lose or draw its the sad old chippy and a tin of special brew for me"

" Has anyone explained this to Fulham? It's very important that they come to terms with karmic forces and don't try to win the game."

" I think we've all noticed something of late and if Rangers come out and start like they have of late, then I suspect there will be a swing towards those of us in the seats to do that thing we do...scare the bejaysus out of the oppo.

No one likes a team up for it and in your face from the off. We seem to be capable of that now and with some of that good old fashioned ferocious support, we could exact some long overdue revenge and make them crap their shorts into the bargain.
Faces only, runners need not apply...'kin 'ave it!!"

" Fulham are going to dick us for days.
All part of the curse."

On that note I will close out for today. Check back again tomorrow same time, same channel

Today's update
HarefieldFFC says

" To be fair, that wasn't me that put that bloke right, it was a mate of mine who is also a long term FFC fan (probably about 4th generation), and lives in Hillingdon.
The bloke who won't shut up about QPR's huge deluded following, who never sell out, has openly admitted to knowing only 1 Rangers fan, so I wouldn't take him seriously.
Some bloke also thinks I'm a closet Rs fan, because I'm sensible (and yes, interested) enough to be able to pop on here from time to time (only when we're due to play you, as you've noted) and keep it real. It would be funny, other than I can guarantee that it will hurt me much more than his type if we lose to you lot on Saturday.
To balance things out though, my honest opinion is that even though your support is a bit more 'passionate' in certain ways, historically we are very similarly supported clubs, and the 'we're bigger than you' stuff is just too subjective to debate properly.
Roll on Saturday anyway, as it is a big deal for me....."

" I'm old enough and ugly enough to remember when your boys were in the first and we were getting 4,000 in the third. Then like ships in the night we went in opposite directions. Admit you've had the better days of late and yes, not much difference in the size of support between us. Like you, I'd love it to put one over Fulham this week-end"

" Fulham fans get a bit lairy whenever we play them but thats ok we do the same , it's the bluenoses that i can't stand as they like to think they're superior to both QPR and fulham . as a kid it's easy to follow chelsea they win trophies and have 80% of the kids in the local schools follow them . most of them will only ever get to watch them on the tv. ..... support QPR or fulham be a shepherd not a sheep"

" Like lyme I go back to the old days but from recollection Chelsea were always the London club we wanted to turn over. That enmity goes a long way back. Even when FFC were a cut above us they were always regarded as being a bit lightweight if you know what I mean.
I remember seeing more trouble vs WHU than I ever saw vs FFC. It's interesting that our rise from the old div 3 pretty much co-incided with the rise of aggro in general, maybe that was when CFC were deemed to be our real derby opponents."

"Probably get shot down for this, but... Ive always had a soft spot for Fulham!... Both sets of grandparents were born and bred in Fulham, same for me mum and dad, and pretty much all the family support them. Folks moved to the bush about 1/2 years before I was born... see its the old skool Fulham fans I dont mind, not the new embarrassing Polo playing 1s!!!"

" Couldn't agree more proper Fulham fans are sound but the gobby divs who latched on since the Prem years are embarrassing"

" Hilarious....they have taken this whole thread and put n on their forum on FOF"

" To be fair, the bloke that does that (aptly names Terry R) does it for all our opponents, so don't feel too honoured lol!!
He obviously has a lot of time on his hands but likes to see what everyone is saying about the forthcoming games.
Harmless enough, but I prefer to just come on myself"

" stick this on your forum"- Thanks I will

" Just had a look on that forum most of them seem quite decent but one of them can't handle the fact we had officially 4014 in the away end (yes I'm sad I looked it up ) and a couple of hundred in the neutral bit
Fact is they have a higher average at home (although minus average away support at each ground both clubs are more or less the same ) and at the moment we take more away but by end of the season I doubt there will be much in it
All in all a bit pathetic and will mean nothing when the game kicks off"

" Don't mind Fulham have never bothered me. My hates in London are Chelsea and Palace periodically Spurs the rest not fussed with"

" in the 80s and up to the late 90s ,i never minded Fulham ,they never came on our radar ,when we went down and they started to get better , and added 16000 extra newbie fans to their home gate ( not many extra away fans though ,funnily enough ),that never went when they were pony ,thats when ive built up a solid dislike for them , thats blossomed into full blown hatred !
As ive said before though ,i used to know a few of their boys ,and even went to MFs memorial do in Kings Cellars , and they were top lads and
made me welcome and a Chelsea pal of mine who DJed at the do .
( grudgingly i even admit Harefeild seems sound too ! )
Cant wait to poke it up them Saturday though ,they are so due a d icking from us ."

" Default

I'm sorry to say this, but the week before we played Fulham last time my girlfriend of seven years dumped me and we lost 4-0. Tonight I was blown out, not off, by another bird. It's a bad omen. My life is #### right now."

" There's one on FoF saying we breached FFP rules this season as well... Seemingly their version of Nasser says "the future is bleak" for us. I think the table says it all..."

"It's amazing clubs who themselves breached FFP and who are under a transfer embargo turning their noses up at others like they have morale high ground when in fact their guilty of the same thing. Nosey neighbours and glass houses spring to mind
Also were there not new rules voted in last year which means you get three years to address books once relegated from prem???"

" If Ale fails to make it Saturday?
I assume it's between Henry and Tozer if we keep same system. Not exited by prospect of either. Good to get Fer and Sandro off the payroll but it has left us a bit light in the middle. Unless Samba is back in contention?"

" Ale deffo needs a rest and i doubt he will feature. Good question and one I can't actually answer to be honest. Tozer has been proper rubbish since hes been here, but saying that he did well when he came on saturday, but henry works harder but will stifle our new style of play."

" Groaned when Toszer came on, on Saturday, but he did OK. Deserves another chance"

" First time this season we don't play Henry. First time this season we're half decent. Do the math......."

" Toszer without a doubt should be the replacement, he did well when he came on plus can take free kicks and corners and is more attack minded than Henry."

" Toszer did okay when he came on. The usual smattering of misplaced passes and no defensive tackles at all. He did have one good shot on goal and a took a couple of reasonable free kicks. But his lack of any defensive qualities really concerns me. Faurlin's absence leaves a big hole defensively, and for me, Henry is the right player to fill that hole, not Toszer. For my money, Henry gets far too much stick on here. When he was being slated earlier in the season, he usually had Toszer alongside him, and it was Toszer who was the weak link (IMO), not Henry. But Henry took (most of) the flak."

" I think we've all noticed something of late and if Rangers come out and start like they have of late, then I suspect there will be a swing towards those of us in the seats to do that thing we do...scare the bejaysus out of the oppo.
No one likes a team up for it and in your face from the off. We seem to be capable of that now and with some of that good old fashioned ferocious support, we could exact some long overdue revenge and make them crap their shorts into the bargain."

" really hope we get the win its well overdue....think they league position is false they have some threat up front mcormack and dembele and will be a tight game..2-1 rangers...fingers x"

"  Not bothered about Fulham tbh though get mildly amused that they bore on about us, bitter hoops etc, so i guess that makes me want us to beat them just that little bit more. It'll be a draw though i expect."

" The things that makes me laugh about the whole 'bitter' episode is that we've long moved on yet they are the ones still going on about it. And they call us bitter! lol!"

"1-1. Although saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we get poo on 5-0. Fulham, live, early kick off - when has that ever gone well?"

That's it for today and probably this thread as its just getting repetitive

Wearethewhites

Just as I expected. Jokanovic's first win for Fulham, and our first in God knows how games, will make them even more bitter.

Mince n Tatties

Rupert n Tarquins...Sounds like an extract from
Billy Bunters School Days.

grandad

Goodness me, they really do believe they are a top club with a fantastic ground & a 30k fan base.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham76

Love the way they try to reassure themselves that we're not important to them, that they're the worlds biggest club with the worlds best fans, it's hilarious. They forget we didn't give them a 2nd thought for 13 years while we were in the premier league, or for a number of years prior to that.

They'll also see this thread as confirmation that we're obsessed with them! They don't realise Terry does this for most upcoming games... They truly believe we think they are our Chelsea.

Oh, and love the way they view their support & fan base as the best around despite never selling out their titchy little place, even when the likes of Leeds, Sheff Weds & the other bigger supported clubs come to town. I'd be surprised if they sell out the home areas this weekend.

Slaphead in Qatar

ruperts, sebastians , ruggers - bit of class warfare going on

alexmur

Quote from: TerryR on February 08, 2016, 03:42:08 PM
Believe it or not they're already looking ahead to Saturday:

" We owe them big time !!!!!!
They are sinking at present , I really hope we shove it down their throats.
Spotty Tarquins"

" Agree mate. If there's any team in this division that needs a massive hiding it's them. Really hope our lot don't bottle it and we smash em."

" Shame its a poxy early KO .
I fooking hate Sky Sports !"

" 10 points behind us, be 13 next Saturday"

" Just hope we beat those cants. Nothing less will do."

" I think it will be a decent game which will end up a draw. Proper bogey side to us I'm never confident against them"

" The players need to realise that this is a must win game at all cost for us fans."

" Just another boring early ko
Why some of you on here even give them a second thought baffles me !"

" havn`t sold their allocation , p iss poor support"

" I hope JFH gets the players up for the game, local derby and all.
We haven't turned up the past few matches v the Rupert's!"

"This build up to this week needs to be this is a local game we can't keep going into local derbies and surrendering from the kick off same applies to Brentford and Charlton beaten before we step on the park"

"  this is just anova game to the players , it means more to us , bragging rights , i live closer to putney bridge than i do to the bush and loads of them come out of the wood work boasting how they are gonna put us in our place . we need to put on a proper 3 or 4 nil show and shut the muvvers up"

" Would take ugly one nil now"

" on't mind what the result is, I'd just like to see the bright football we showed on Saturday repeated. This is an improving side now and there's some real and justified cause for optimism for next season."

"I think 6 would be a good return as long as 3 come against the Ruperts and Tarquins (Fulham for those that don't understand)"

"HAVE to beat Fulham ffs. After that shambles in September, we seriously need to win some pride back.
As for the next 3 games; reckon we will draw to Ipswich, beat Fulham and beat Bolton. 7 points."

"If we go with a more positive attitude especially at home we can do Ipswich and them Rupert's, we should off done Ipswich on Boxing Day but 2 late goals undone us, Bolton could be tricky. A few weeks back we would off beat them easy but 7 points will be great"

"Fulham - hell of a bogey side with 1 win against them in last 7 fixtures with 6 defeats. Not sure why anyone thinks 3 points is likely especially the way QPR are performing - another draw."

" Personally am not 1 for historical records at clubs. The players at the club now were, predominantly, not there for the last 6 games vs Fulham so, IMO, it's irrelevant. I go on current performances and how I feel we will do. Think Fulham are $hit and we should win that game if we play to even 80% of our ability"

"I hear the Ruperts best player (McCormack) has gone on strike to get away from the dump"

" Just beat them Rupert carnts that's all I care about. They always turn up against us. Where as our bottlejobs always put in a disgrace of a performance."

"  nothing less than a win against those cants will do. farking hate them."

" Beating foolham should keep jimmy floyd hasslepants in a job till may"

" Fair point about historical records, but can you explain why QPR have never won at the City Ground in 32 attempts? Different set of players even when Forest wrre getting relegated they couldnt win. Somehow I think players get to know about the history and it plays on their minds - hence the sequence continues.
Current form for QPR is not good either. You underestimate Fulham possibly out of a strong dislike for them. They can cause QPR problems.
Also, Bolton may be atrocious yet they still scored 3 at Loftus Road."

" I'd take two losses against Tractor Boys and Trotters if we could guarantee the win against the Ruperts as have a very posh acquaintance (not a mate) who supports the Fools as does his missus(who has amazing t1ts) and they gave me awful grief when we lost 4-0 as they did when they put 6 past us a few years back...!!"

[bThe reasons to hate Fulham thread!][/b]

" Their 1975 fa cup final song 'a viva El fulham'.......stomach churning!"

" There is no reason to hate Fulham."

" Hugh grant?"

" Agreed .......................... life is too short to go round hating for no reason"

"Blimey you taken a bump to the head as well!"

"I don't hate them as that would inflate their egos, the Rupert's aren't important enough to give a **** about. They are a tediously dull club with nothing interesting about them."

" Martyn Busby"

"  Diddy David Hamilton"

"Well that's about half of their total fan base named and shamed!"

"That statue"

"Those clapper things they give out to try to create an atmosphere among the Pippa's and Sebastians!"

" still remember the Shoot magazine showing the great Bobby Moore having just moved Fulham.
His words on the cover said ............. "I like Friendly Fulham"
.......... which is good enough for me. I just don't like them anywhere near as much as our club.  "

" I hate the scum!!!! but Fulham , don't even see them as rivals , there a nothing club with poncey fans that would actually all admit they would rather be watching ruggers !"

"Never seen Fulham as rivals or have a problem with them.
Only thing I think was a bit cringy was Lily Allan crocodile tears at that final. Does she still go?"

" Didn't she defect to that other lot in SW6?"

" http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/26/lily-...hing-club-to-support-chelsea-instead-4709689/"

"Oh well, perhaps one of her next husbands will support Fulham"

" I'm grateful to them for allowing us to beat them and break our losing streak of 17 games in the PL - a record now surpassed by Villa!"

"  Most non footballing fans along with reading dnt hate em their just deluded"

I'l update this later in the week
weh weh weh cry me a river lads we are going to smash em

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alfie

They really are a funny bunch
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bedford White

How anyone can say Craven Cottage is a dump is beyond me! Quaint - yes maybe, small - probably right but a dump! It's a palace compared to the shed that is Loftus Rd, and no mistake, top hole old boy...what, what...

ffcjohnnyf

Modern day Plebeians......Once a bitter, always a bitter!

"Plebeians were the working class of Ancient Rome. They typically lived in three-or-four story apartment houses called insulae. The insulae were often crowded where two families would have to share a single room (in Shepherds Bush)."
VIVA EL FULHAM!

HV71

I was only saying to Tarquin at our club that I thought that they were an uncouth lot - certainly a part of the bootless and unhorsed brigade. He told me to stop ' beating about the bush " and I explained that was exactly what we were going to do on Saturday. That will keep the foul mouthed urchins quiet ! Feel sorry for that chap who said he had trouble with the bosom of the wife of an acquaintance ( not friend mind ) . Reading it again perhaps he did not mean that but unfortunately could not quite construct a proper sentence. Never mind poor chaps
On the subject of support -well there is a thing  - the magnitude of their following is more akin to the Lone Ranger

NogoodBoyo

I wholeheartedly approve of this thread.  After all, there is nothing to be ashamed of in being described as a nice group of Ruperts, Sebastians and Tarquins.
Nogood "calling me Tarquin, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

I suppose they're all called Kev or Trev, or one of those names that always ends in ...sy
Nogood "Millsy, Kitsy, Stanislasly or Becksy, isit" Boyo

Sgt Fulham

I'm guessing this is taken from WATRB. That forum is largely a disgrace to their fans and full of weird wannabe hooligan egotists. In reality this game is a largely friendly rivalry between two clubs of a similar stature and fanbase, with us definitely edging it in the recent past in terms of games against them and overall success.

In the last 3 home games against them we've scored 13 goals to their 2 and that speaks for itself. They still think we're awful and hopefully they'll see the full extent of our improvement come the weekend. Last time we played we were 'clueless' and smashed 4 past them. Since, they've lost their main goal threat while we have retained ours. I'm quite looking forward to the game and even if we lose I don't see them returning the 4-0 tonking we gave them earlier in the season.

Southdowns White

Does anyone know if one's Chauffeur can drive right up to the turnstiles or does one have to run the gauntlet of tragedy that prevails Shepherds Bush. 

Hong Kong Fulham fan

I was hoping to bring the chopper to the game, anyone know if they have a landing pad?

Adi-ffc

I would think most R's fans reading that would be pretty ashamed of their fellow fans. The QPR supporters I know are sound.

A rivalry ceases to be anything other than a stupid and toxic waste of time when it gets to those levels of bile.

Chutney

If I buy a ticket for myself does it entitle my servants entry? Surely it is reasonable to allow at the very least one's quail slicer in, I don't plan on starving to death.
C O Y W

RaySmith

You find the Fulham equivalent on Cottage Corner to WATRB- or you used to anyway when it was part of the Official Fulham website, but I no longer read it since it was evicted from there.