watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2300 of 3200 sold for QPR

Started by ffcthereligion, February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

Just phoned the ticket office. Come on lads, this is embarassing there's no excuses for this its just poor. 900 empty seats on Saturday will look great on TV!

Chutney

We've won 1 in 16, that's the excuse. I'm going but I can fully appreciate why some wouldn't want to, three years of leaving games feeling deflated has got me questioning why I bother.
C O Y W

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM
Just phoned the ticket office. Come on lads, this is embarassing there's no excuses for this its just poor. 900 empty seats on Saturday will look great on TV!
well you pay my fair back from Leicestershire on Saturday and the loss of earnings then i will come.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Quote from: alfie on February 09, 2016, 01:19:20 PM
well you pay my fair back from Leicestershire on Saturday and the loss of earnings then i will come.

Im coming down from Manchester on the Branson train line you can do better than that Alfie!

Airfix

I'm already going because it coincides with another event that I am attending in the area but I have to say, if I wasn't going, messages like yours would do nothing to entice me to go.  Football and Fulham are priorities in my life but I have others too.

Arthur

Quote from: Chutney on February 09, 2016, 01:18:13 PM
We've won 1 in 16, that's the excuse. I'm going but I can fully appreciate why some wouldn't want to, three years of leaving games feeling deflated has got me questioning why I bother.

To a certain type of supporter there are games that you turn out for irrespective of your team's league placing or current form. This season, this is one such game.

While not passing judgment upon anybody who has made the decision not to attend, it is a shame that we appear to have fewer than 3000 of this type of supporter.

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 09, 2016, 01:26:24 PM

Im coming down from Manchester on the Branson train line you can do better than that Alfie!
perhaps you would like to read my post again, i am actually working, my fares are paid for, if i should come back early i pay my own fares and will not get paid.
Is that any better?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Quote from: alfie on February 09, 2016, 01:31:49 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 09, 2016, 01:26:24 PM

perhaps you would like to read my post again, i am actually working, my fares are paid for, if i should come back early i pay my own fares and will not get paid.
Is that any better?

We're all going to be out of pocket because of the game, I dont really see that as an excuse to be honest. Although I accept Alfie's circumstances may be more exceptional than others.

dannyboi-ffc

Simple excuse for me, I can't afford it. In an ideal world I would forever go to every single fulham game but I have finally hit a crossroads in my life. Save up and invest more money in doing up my house for my wife and kids, spend more time watching them grow up because 3 of them aren't old enough for football just yet or spend money on games that are already on TV. 

I don't understand what's embarrassing about it. They are nothing special, if anything it suggests to me that the game isn't as big a deal as some make it out to be. I've certainly not grown up caring about Qpr. It was always Chelsea. A bit like Brentford turning up with facepaint and selling out in minutes as if it's a cup final.  How many serious rivals do we have? I always thought our rivals were the other team in Fulham.

Anyway, I'm gutted to miss it like any Fulham game but I certainly wasn't highlighting this one on the calender as a must not miss. And it has nothing to do with whether we win, fulham isn't about winning for me but it certainly isn't cheap and my conscious rests easier at night knowing I let you down rather than financially burdened my family.

When the kids are old enough I will be buying 5 season tickets and doing a lot more away games again. But for me the next few years my attention is for them and although I have a season ticket Fulham comes second, I don't think that makes me any less of a supporter than you or anyone else. Does it?

Surely we all go through this period in our lives? Enjoy the game and sing that bit louder for me. COYW!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Arthur

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 09, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
I don't understand what's embarrassing about it.

No individual person need be embarrassed that he or she has chosen not to attend.

As a body of supporters, however, I do think that it is embarrassing that only 2500-or-so will be at a game that is taking place just a few miles away from C.C.

We would have expected to take a couple-of-thousand to Loftus Road back in the days when our home crowds were around the 5000-mark. We've three-times as many supporters at our home matches nowadays.

SP

Perhaps the club should email the 12,000 who travelled to Hamburg?  094.gif

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Arthur on February 09, 2016, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 09, 2016, 01:49:37 PM
I don't understand what's embarrassing about it.

No individual person need be embarrassed that he or she has chosen not to attend.

As a body of supporters, however, I do think that it is embarrassing that only 2500-or-so will be at a game that is taking place just a few miles away from C.C.

We would have expected to take a couple-of-thousand to Loftus Road back in the days when our home crowds were around the 5000-mark. We've three-times as many supporters at our home matches nowadays.

Mate I couldn't have put it better myself. There may be dozens of reasons why people cant or dont want to go, a lot of fans get defensive when questions are asked about not selling out etc when its not aimed at individuals.
As you quite rightly pointed out the fact of the matter is we would take 800-1000 to places like Orient and Reading when we getting crowds of 4000, to only sell 2000 odd now for a game two miles and half miles up the road does not reflect well on the loyalty of our support in general, in fact I'd go as far to say its embarrassing.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I'm working and don't fancy loosing a day's pay to see us spanked.
That's my excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

David Allen Crankshaw

I won't be going due to the fact that there are three Saturday home matches this month and the train fares from Manchester are not cheap. However, I will be travelling to Blackburn next week. Thank goodness for the old person's bus pass that gets me  to Blackburn and back for nothing.

Northern Cottager

embarrassing? You've seen the dross fans have had to endure for the last 4-5 years? Why would anyone be expected to part with their cash?

Dr Know

Quote from: SP on February 09, 2016, 02:42:08 PM
A very good point.Agree with you 100%.

Wearethewhites

Although this is a local derby that should sell out, I feel that the Club haven't done enough to market this one, and put bums on seats. We're always quick to give the away team plenty of 'extra' seats, but based on our current circumstances, I don't feel we've done enough.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Dr Know on February 09, 2016, 03:08:32 PM
Quote from: SP on February 09, 2016, 02:42:08 PM
A very good point.Agree with you 100%.

Funnily enough if the club had done a Hamburg where it was 4 per person then it wouldve sold out no probs. Not suggesting it should've been four but one per person puts people off as its not easy to sit with mates, family etc

Barry White

As already said on here I can completely understand why people aren't going, I don't want to go to be perfectly honest but I shall be there.

Also the club handled the tickets pretty badly, they should have just opened the lot up from the beginning.

Riversider

I work nights, but I'll be there Saturday, the way I see it you can either make games or you can make excuses , I guess I'm the former,
I can virtually guarantee that 99.9% of our "supporters" that can't make it on Saturday will be sat watching it on tv !
Does that sound familiar to any of you ?