more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2300 of 3200 sold for QPR

Started by ffcthereligion, February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Quote from: Riversider on February 09, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
I work nights, but I'll be there Saturday, the way I see it you can either make games or you can make excuses , I guess I'm the former,
I can virtually guarantee that 99.9% of our "supporters" that can't make it on Saturday will be sat watching it on tv !
Does that sound familiar to any of you ?

Again, for the record, if I wasn't already going, I wouldn't be watching it on TV.

Chesh

Quote from: Arthur on February 09, 2016, 01:29:32 PM
Quote from: Chutney on February 09, 2016, 01:18:13 PM
We've won 1 in 16, that's the excuse. I'm going but I can fully appreciate why some wouldn't want to, three years of leaving games feeling deflated has got me questioning why I bother.

To a certain type of supporter there are games that you turn out for irrespective of your team's league placing or current form. This season, this is one such game.

While not passing judgment upon anybody who has made the decision not to attend, it is a shame that we appear to have fewer than 3000 of this type of supporter.

This is exactly the point for me.

I couldn't care less why certain individuals can't make it (most for very valid reasons obviously), as there are a lot of games I can't make for exactly the same reasons.

It's the fact that it's a shame that we have such a low bottom line volume of hardcore support.

3,000 to Loftus Road should be a doddle - regardless of how poor it has been over the last couple of years.

I totally agree with Arthur that our hardcore support numbers have dwindled to a poor level, but it is what it is nowadays

:023:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

snarks

Well it's 3 home games this month and QPha so as I'm not a London dweller that's 4 times to travel up, park etc. Not easy as I do have people I like to see at weekends. Maybe if this had happened in January when the games at the cottage were not as frequent the turn out would be better.

Having said that I'm going but will probably miss Charlton or Boro to make up for it. ( more likely Boro as England are playing at twickenham which makes the journey a real pain.

Riversider

The 3,000 we take will still make more noise than their 13,000 we always do !
""It's happening again, it's happening again, Queens Park Rangers, it's happening again""

"We've got Jokanovic,we've got Jokanovic, we've got Jokanovic, we've got Jokanovic"

Come on you Super Whites .

Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 09, 2016, 03:18:13 PM
Quote from: Dr Know on February 09, 2016, 03:08:32 PM
Quote from: SP on February 09, 2016, 02:42:08 PM
Perhaps the club should email the 12,000 who travelled to Hamburg?  094.gif
A very good point.Agree with you 100%.

Funnily enough if the club had done a Hamburg where it was 4 per person then it wouldve sold out no probs. Not suggesting it should've been four but one per person puts people off as its not easy to sit with mates, family etc

This is a good point. I'm going but the whole process of getting seats together was a lot more troublesome than it should have been.

copthornemike

No supporter should be embarassed about not going. Many have good and valid reasons (family, health, age, work, distance, finance, etc) for not going along and should not feel the need to justify why they cannot attend an early KO at a cramped Loftus Road.

The early KO, Sky TV, the distinctly unpleasant ground itself (I know my shins will be sore from the ridiculous seating) and poor marketing by FFC (why the ridiculous loyalty points system for this match, I could understand it if we were playing at a small capacity ground or a big premiership club in a cup competition) are additional reasons.

That said I do enjoy the away days when I can make them so despite the above I will be going along and hopefully coming back hoarse and celebrating a FFC win, but respecting the right of others not to do so for wahtever reason.   049:gif

Riversider

Z1 virtually sold out now, only Z6 will sell you more than two tickets, it seems as though we've sold more tickets than some claim,
Hopefully the rest sell out over the next two days it's what usually happens for some reason with us.

Burt

the72.co.uk track away attendances.

Top 5 averages (this was towards the end of the year so a few games out-of-date):
- Leeds 3,607
- Derby 2,659
- Boro 2,170
- Wednesday 2,095
- Wolves 1,866

Bottom 5 averages:
- Cardiff 627
- Charlton 642
- Us 705
- Brentford 753
- Rotherham 753

For what it's worth, given this is a QPR thread, their average away following has been 1,681.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Riversider on February 09, 2016, 05:06:09 PM
Z1 virtually sold out now, only Z6 will sell you more than two tickets, it seems as though we've sold more tickets than some claim,
Hopefully the rest sell out over the next two days it's what usually happens for some reason with us.

Rang for an extra ticket this morning, mate decided to go to bolster numbers, I asked how many sold and was told 2300 odd. I see Sean Davis calling for fans to sell this out on the official, I reckon the club are going to get stung for unsold tickets

Wingnut

How many were we allocated? I was under the impression that the upper and lower tiers there had a capacity of 2,500.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

GrahamG

Yes. I think the club should email the 12,000 who travelled to Hamburg and explain why they have made such a mess of running (ruining) our club in such a short space of time. It is not an embarrassment to fail to sell our allocation - it is a total embarrassment for our club to be where we are today, compared to where we were on the 12th May 2010.

davew

Blimey Graham you are beginning to sound like me, thought that we are improving so fast (sorry to go back on an earlier topic) and yet we still can't fill our small allocation of tickets, says it all!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Scrumpy

Quote from: Burt on February 09, 2016, 05:45:49 PM
the72.co.uk track away attendances.

Top 5 averages (this was towards the end of the year so a few games out-of-date):
- Leeds 3,607
- Derby 2,659
- Boro 2,170
- Wednesday 2,095
- Wolves 1,866

Bottom 5 averages:
- Cardiff 627
- Charlton 642
- Us 705
- Brentford 753
- Rotherham 753

For what it's worth, given this is a QPR thread, their average away following has been 1,681.

Interesting figures Burt. I suspect our average will rise with QPR, Brentford and Reading away games all due second half of the season. However, it's interesting that the bottom 3 are all teams where the fans have conspicuously fallen out of love with the Club's owners. I do think (and dearly hope) that Shahid has got it right with this Manager, the new Riverside etc. I would love our fans to feel more involved again and away followings to rise as a result.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Baszab

Graham - Hear Hear - look at Leicester - how jealous are we ?!

We "could have been a contender" - or at least a regular top-10 team in Premier

That's why I don't feel like going - even though I probably will

davew

Quote from: copthornemike on February 09, 2016, 04:55:41 PM
No supporter should be embarassed about not going. Many have good and valid reasons (family, health, age, work, distance, finance, etc) for not going along and should not feel the need to justify why they cannot attend an early KO at a cramped Loftus Road.

The early KO, Sky TV, the distinctly unpleasant ground itself (I know my shins will be sore from the ridiculous seating) and poor marketing by FFC (why the ridiculous loyalty points system for this match, I could understand it if we were playing at a small capacity ground or a big premiership club in a cup competition) are additional reasons.

That said I do enjoy the away days when I can make them so despite the above I will be going along and hopefully coming back hoarse and celebrating a FFC win, but respecting the right of others not to do so for wahtever reason.   049:gif
Well said Mike, enjoy the game and hopefully the players will give a good performance and earn some badly needed points!

davew

Quote from: Baszab on February 09, 2016, 09:48:02 PM

I hope you do go and give your unbiased view of how we played and your prediction for the rest of the season, not practical for me to go unfortunately though I will be watching the game on Sky.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Wingnut on February 09, 2016, 08:28:57 PM
How many were we allocated? I was under the impression that the upper and lower tiers there had a capacity of 2,500.

A Rangers mate reckons we've been given 3000 due to buffer between segregation. Ipswich had 3200 at the weekend

Dr Know

Quote from: Wingnut on February 09, 2016, 08:28:57 PM
Ive checked the qpr ground information and it does state 2500 max !

Arthur

Quote from: Baszab on February 09, 2016, 09:48:02 PM

We're all hugely disappointed with the events of the past few years, but why bear a grudge towards the Club such that you can no longer look forward to the next game? Unlike you, I am greatly anticipating the match. Not only am I anxious for a win because it's a local derby, but three points would be mightily useful given our current league position. Is there less at stake this weekend than there was the last time we played at Loftus Road? No. So why look forward to it less simply because it's no longer a PL fixture?

CottagersOnTour

I'm not going due to the near on 24hr commute from Australia.

Oh well, i'll be off to watch Sydney FC v Western Sydney Wanderers instead.

Much better atmosphere, very European with giant TIFO's/banners and flares going off left right and centre (sold out the 44,000 capacity in the previous game)....

Quality of football is about L1/L2 though (pretty much like watching Fulham at the moment)!