https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2300 of 3200 sold for QPR

Started by ffcthereligion, February 09, 2016, 01:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Chesh on February 11, 2016, 11:29:55 PM
Quote from: Finnegans Wake on February 11, 2016, 08:48:23 PM
Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.
Why bother going ever then? If you can't be arsed against our most local rivals this season (and if it is nothing to do with work/money/family or any other valid reason), then you might as well call it a day.

It's hardly QPR's cup final. To be fair, they probably feel they owe us one after most of the recent results, and are up for it for that reason, and because it's a local derby.

This is their cup final. Whether we've smashed them on more occasions than not they look for us and they're obsessed with the supposed class divide between the fans. Rather be associated with a posh club with a nice ground a pretty successful past than that shower down the road.

Fulham76

Quote from: Northern Cottager on February 12, 2016, 09:07:06 AM
Maybe it hasn't sold out because its only QPR and most people dont really care that much. Its their cup final, not ours.
Why bother going ever then? If you can't be arsed against our most local rivals this season (and if it is nothing to do with work/money/family or any other valid reason), then you might as well call it a day.

It's hardly QPR's cup final. To be fair, they probably feel they owe us one after most of the recent results, and are up for it for that reason, and because it's a local derby.

This is their cup final. Whether we've smashed them on more occasions than not they look for us and they're obsessed with the supposed class divide between the fans. Rather be associated with a posh club with a nice ground a pretty successful past than that shower down the road.

:plus one:

They've had to look at their local rivals being much much more successful than them for years now. They are light years away from Chelsea & see us as the next best, they hate us & are absolutely desperate to beat us tomorrow.
Much bigger game for them, without doubt their cup final.

Chesh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 09:25:58 AM

They've had to look at their local rivals being much much more successful than them for years now. They are light years away from Chelsea & see us as the next best, they hate us & are absolutely desperate to beat us tomorrow.

There's no one more obsessed with the 'bitters' on here than you and your twin/alter ego (the other 76), yet you've said yourself you  only know one of them.

Believe me, they don't see it as their 'cup final', they just want to beat us badly, as they should for such a local derby against a team that has battered them more than once in recent years.

I don't particularly like QPR, as my Rangers mates well know, and I too want to beat them badly.

The main topic on this post is our inability to sell out for such a local fixture, and I'd maintain that it puts our support in a relatively bad light in this regard.

It is what it is, but I just get a bit wound up when people come on and think it's such a badge of honour that they're not going because it's either a crap ground, or it's 'their cup final not ours'.

Are we Fulham supporters or not?

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Fulham76

Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 09:47:08 AM

There's no one more obsessed with the 'bitters' on here than you and your twin/alter ego (the other 76), yet you've said yourself you  only know one of them.

Believe me, they don't see it as their 'cup final', they just want to beat us badly, as they should for such a local derby against a team that has battered them more than once in recent years.

I don't particularly like QPR, as my Rangers mates well know, and I too want to beat them badly.

The main topic on this post is our inability to sell out for such a local fixture, and I'd maintain that it puts our support in a relatively bad light in this regard.

It is what it is, but I just get a bit wound up when people come on and think it's such a badge of honour that they're not going because it's either a crap ground, or it's 'their cup final not ours'.

Well I'll be there & in answer to your final question, I've never seen a so called Fulham fan defend a club like you have the ha ha's, so I'm not so sure how you would honestly answer your own question.

Like I've said many times before, I've no doubt we'll sell our allocation & it's completely irrelevant how quickly that happens, we'll find out officially tomorrow. Until then you & your other little posse of ha ha lovers should give your fellow fulham fans some credit rather than comparing us to your ha ha friends who keep trying to reassure themselves that they sold out their allocation quicker than a 1 Direction concert. It's embarrassing.

PM me if you want too discuss this ridiculous, unimportant & unproven battering of fulham fans support as I can't be bothered with it on the forum so you can big yourself up to your friends at your other club.

Quite happy for you to go for the last word on the forum though to pretend you've put me in my place like your mate likes to think he has.

terryr

I think I'm going to be able to go with the wife. I have never been to Loftus road and never really get a chance to go to away games.
So is the upper tier worth paying for?
I'd rather be in the thick of our support.
Id hate to be sitting in a section with 100 empty seats.
Heading for the club in about an hour as we have to buy in person late on.
Any recommendations where to sit?
Thanks in advance

Chesh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 10:33:10 AM
Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 09:47:08 AM

Well I'll be there & in answer to your final question, I've never seen a so called Fulham fan defend a club like you have the ha ha's, so I'm not so sure how you would honestly answer your own question.

Like I've said many times before, I've no doubt we'll sell our allocation & it's completely irrelevant how quickly that happens, we'll find out officially tomorrow. Until then you & your other little posse of ha ha lovers should give your fellow fulham fans some credit rather than comparing us to your ha ha friends who keep trying to reassure themselves that they sold out their allocation quicker than a 1 Direction concert. It's embarrassing.

PM me if you want too discuss this ridiculous, unimportant & unproven battering of fulham fans support as I can't be bothered with it on the forum so you can big yourself up to your friends at your other club.

Quite happy for you to go for the last word on the forum though to pretend you've put me in my place like your mate likes to think he has.

Don't worry, this will be my last word, as I am finding this debate as tedious as you do, and being at work, I have neither the time or patience to continue offline.

Just want to say, I'm not defending QPR, just find some of the exaggeration by the likes of yourself embarrassing. If it's just me and my 'mate' then so be it, but I don't think I have to blindly back up our fans, just because they happen to support the same team as me, especially (and this doesn't relate to you obviously) when they can't be bothered to go because the ground is a 'hovel' or 'it's much more important to them than us'.

For the record, I think Loftus Road is a c*** little shed, and a lot of their fans are a tad deluded, but  I also believe that any such opinions are backed up with fact, rather than constant exaggeration.

This shouldn't get personal, as I don't know you, but as you can see, certain things wind me up from time to time, and I just feel the need to respond - it's not about 'putting people in their place'.

I suppose we have to agree to disagree, in that I'm just not as proud about our own general support (home or away) nowadays as yourself, and that will obviously not change in the short term - doesn't stop me being a fan (wouldn't change it for the world). Having said that, during my 40+ years following the Whites, I've got to know literally hundreds of fans to some degree or other, most of whom I hold in high regard, so I don't have an agenda to slag off anything Fulham on behalf of QPR.

Chesh

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 11:28:00 AM
I think I'm going to be able to go with the wife. I have never been to Loftus road and never really get a chance to go to away games.
Thanks in advance

Well done Terry - more the merrier.

The lower tier will be cramped and probably all standing - see the footage of the Pog's goal to ascertain whether you feel it is suitable for your wife.

The upper tier should be relatively more sedate, but the view would depend on where you sit (can't comment on that to be honest)

I'f I'm honest, if I were bringing my wife and/or kids, (which i'm not), I'd probably research the upper tier - but take other opinions as well, as i could be wrong.

Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 11:28:00 AM
Thanks in advance

The Upper tier would suit you better. However I would avoid Restricted View like the plague, it really ruins the experience for me.

ffcthereligion

According to Fulham website at the end of the Jokanovic preview, tickets are available until 3pm today to buy for tomorrow. No tickets will be made available on the day. Last chance!!!

terryr

Just got back from the ticket office.
2750 sold.
I was lucky to get 2 tickets together ( the last two) and it is in Z1 ( corner of the lower tier)
The guy told me that pretty much all thats left is restricted viw. Imagine trying to sell 250 restricted view tickets???
It seems our support is better than many people think

Fulham76

Quote from: TerryR on February 12, 2016, 01:23:41 PM
2750 sold.
I was lucky to get 2 tickets together ( the last two) and it is in Z1 ( corner of the lower tier)
The guy told me that pretty much all thats left is restricted viw. Imagine trying to sell 250 restricted view tickets???

I've been saying all week we'd sell out but for some people that didn't happen quick enough, so we've been labelled crap fans by our own 'fans'.

Chesh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 02:40:08 PM
2750 sold.

I've been saying all week we'd sell out but for some people that didn't happen quick enough, so we've been labelled crap fans by our own 'fans'.

So much for last word (talk about obsessed)  064.gif

By the way 3200-2750 is 450, not zero or sold out, so stick to the facts before making more barbed comments.

Fulham76

Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 03:16:22 PM
2750 sold.

By the way 3200-2750 is 450, not zero or sold out, so stick to the facts before making more barbed comments.

That comment wasn't aimed directly at you, just an observation/opinion of mine, you need to get over yourself. Certainly not an attempt to get the last word in. You did that, twice. Well done!

For someone like me who has been a season ticket holder for many years & been to home games over the years with crowds of 2,500-3,000, I don't think taking ALMOST 3,000 to an away game is bad turnout, definitely doesn't deserve abuse from our own fans. Fans??? hmmmmmm  fp.gif

Chesh

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 12, 2016, 04:01:04 PM
2750 sold.

That comment wasn't aimed directly at you, just an observation/opinion of mine, you need to get over yourself. Certainly not an attempt to get the last word in. You did that, twice. Well done!

For someone like me who has been a season ticket holder for many years & been to home games over the years with crowds of 2,500-3,000, I don't think taking ALMOST 3,000 to an away game is bad turnout, definitely doesn't deserve abuse from our own fans. Fans??? hmmmmmm  fp.gif
Couldn't  give a flying one if it was aimed at me or not (even though it's hard to see how not) - just putting you right about it not selling out. Therefore no need for the barbed comment.

Anyway, that's enough from me, as you seem a bit too concerned with point scoring - not interested mate.

Burgf001

2750 sold.

so you're saying that if we don't defend the club at every opportunity we aren't as much of a 'fan' as those who do?
while I disagree with those that aren't happy with Kahn that doesn't make them any less of a fan than me. I'm not being funny but we all support the same club and share the same love. By suggesting that you are more of a fan than others is laughable and makes you seem a very nice person.

COYW

** Moderated for ambiguity

dorsetwhite

To me playing QPR is just like any other game away from home. The hype surrounding the game is built up to sell seats. Reasons awy yes, Rotherham awy yes, but I had 2 seasons watching games in that shitty stadium, and vowed I would never return

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Fulham76

Quote from: Burgf001 on February 12, 2016, 04:19:15 PM
2750 sold.

so you're saying that if we don't defend the club at every opportunity we aren't as much of a 'fan' as those who do?
while I disagree with those that aren't happy with Kahn that doesn't make them any less of a fan than me. I'm not being funny but we all support the same club and share the same love. By suggesting that you are more of a fan than others is laughable and makes you seem a ****.

COYW

Is there something wrong with you??? Trying to get involved in my & Chesh's little spat & then insulting me!

My problem is other fans having a pop, in general, at Fulham's supporters because we didn't sell this game out in record time. So I'm actually defending the club & it's supporters.

Where did I suggest I am a better fan? Simply pointed out that we used to have hardly any fans & 3,000 for an away game isn't a bad turnout.

Probably best you keep out of this discussion if you can't keep up!!  1500.gif

Mince n Tatties

Why are some of you so upset we haven't sold out.
Nearly 3000 is good,most important is we get
a result...

Fulham76

Quote from: Chesh on February 12, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
2750 sold.

Couldn't  give a flying one if it was aimed at me or not (even though it's hard to see how not) - just putting you right about it not selling out. Therefore no need for the barbed comment.

Anyway, that's enough from me, as you seem a bit too concerned with point scoring - not interested mate.

That'll be why you replied again then will it? Unreal!

Time to grow up a bit or learn to deal with an opinion different to yours  fp.gif

SW6