watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lonergan or Betts?

Started by Samsara, February 10, 2016, 08:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsara

I'm assuming once Betts is healthy, it won't matter much as Lonergan has been one of our best players this season. What do you guys think? Maybe Betts will get to prove himself in a game or two?

J.Perkins

Betts I believe is the club No1, but with the McCarthy rumours over the recent window, maybe Jokanovic isn't too pleased with the quality of the keepers.

westcliff white

Lonegran for me for the rest of the season, I think Betts may benefit form watching and learning from him. Long term I think Betts if he can keep developing the way he was last season and before the injury
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 08:30:15 PM
Lonegran for me for the rest of the season, I think Betts may benefit form watching and learning from him. Long term I think Betts if he can keep developing the way he was last season and before the injury
Im sure Betts can pick the ball out of the net without having to see how it is done by andy
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Betts is easily number one in my eyes. Lonergan is extremely  average who makes himself look good with the odd save every now and then. Let's in far too many goals to be classed as a good keeper

westcliff white

was waiting for another negative comment about Lonners.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 08:37:27 PM
was waiting for another negative comment about Lonners.
should I lie and pretend that he is a really good keeper?

westcliff white

no one has said he is, but he is solid, and any young keeper would learn from him. You will say, as you always do, he is at fault for the goals but a keeper  You will predictably say as you always do that what anyone says to that effect is wrong, so lets just forget it

Anyway not going to hi jack the thread that fatguyskinnyjeans started.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 08:42:33 PM
no one has said he is, but he is solid, and any young keeper would learn from him. You will say, as you always do, he is at fault for the goals but a keeper  You will predictably say as you always do that what anyone says to that effect is wrong, so lets just forget it

Anyway not going to hi jack the thread that fatguyskinnyjeans started.
like I said an average keeper. Betts is better

Jem

Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 08:32:52 PM
Im sure Betts can pick the ball out of the net without having to see how it is done by andy
And yet you manage to make negative posts about both keepers in one go!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

fulhamben

Quote from: Jem on February 10, 2016, 08:52:07 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 08:32:52 PM
And yet you manage to make negative posts about both keepers in one go!
No just Andy
The only thing he can show Betts is how to shot stop and Betts is already superior at that. It's quite the insult to Betts to suggest that he learns off of Andy. We are not talking about a keeper that's been there and done at the highest level. We are talking about a keeper that has spent all of his career in the lower leagues and a lot of that time was as a number 2.  Andy has done an admirable job stepping in for Betts whilst he has been out injured. But I for one am sick of relegation fights and I want our number 1 back inbetween the sticks as soon as possible as I always want our best 11 on the pitch.

westcliff white

we had a relegation fight with Betts playing last season too Ben, stop the baiting on Lonners and posters alike, its a joke now and most are fed up with that and all the negative posts you make even when there are good things that can be taken.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 09:13:25 PM
we had a relegation fight with Betts playing last season too Ben, stop the baiting on Lonners and posters alike, its a joke now and most are fed up with that and all the negative posts you make even when there are good things that can be taken.
Im being positive about Betts.

westcliff white

always a first for everything

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 09:16:12 PM
not really, it's just some like to see the negative side of it. If you say fredericks should start then you are scapegoating jazz. If you want to persist with Dembele because him and Ross have banged in loads together then you are unfair on the one goal in sixteen Smith. Seems that of you want the best players to start as opposed to popular ones then you are negative. So be it I'm negative for wanting the best for Fulham. Surely better than continuing with this slide, no matter how much of a positive spin you put on it?

SW6

Lonergan.

Bettenelli is overrated.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 09:20:49 PM
not really, it's just some like to see the negative side of it. If you say fredericks should start then you are scapegoating jazz. If you want to persist with Dembele because him and Ross have banged in loads together then you are unfair on the one goal in sixteen Smith. Seems that of you want the best players to start as opposed to popular ones then you are negative. So be it I'm negative for wanting the best for Fulham. Surely better than continuing with this slide, no matter how much of a positive spin you put on it?
have to say that made me laugh more today than anything else has, thanks ben

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2016, 09:23:55 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on February 10, 2016, 09:20:49 PM
have to say that made me laugh more today than anything else has, thanks ben
No probs. Shall I put you in popular over ability camp?

Burgf001

Lonergan is the best we've had since the Schwarz. He could mentor Betts aswell

J

Def Betts for me - as good if not better shot stopper, particularly on long range efforts which we have conceded lots of lately. Also still improving and ironing out his weaknesses, so has potential to be a top keeper whereas Lonners has peaked. With a better organised defence Betts will look even better than before.

I'm glad we've got Andy, and we could do a lot worse for a competition / backup keeper but that's all I feel he should be out of the 2.