Main Menu

Ben Pringle leaves on loan to Ipswich

Started by SW6, February 10, 2016, 09:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6

Reports on Twitter that this will be announced tomorrow

93-day loan

FPT

Doesn't surprise me - one of very few not to play a single minute under Jokanovic. He's a Mick McCarthy type player and I think Mick will get the best out of him there. Wouldn't surprise me to see a potential permanent deal negotiated at the end of the season either (Ipswich released wide man Tommy Oar a month or so ago, and two more are on loan).

It'll be good for us to balance our spending a little by selling fringe players like Pringle, Smith, Bodurov on top of potential sales of Maarten Stekelenburg and Kostas Mitroglou.

Wearethewhites

I do believe that he was a target for Ipswich before he joined Fulham.

dannyboi-ffc

Imo he won't be missed. Not strong enough, not good enough and my God he certainly wasn't fast enough!!!!! Having said that ability isn't everything. He tried hard so good luck to him. But after the days of having Boa as my hero and then seeing the likes of Duff and Davies I think it's an insult to football to call Pringle a wide player. More of a left sided midfielder who drifted into the middle more than he drifted out wide where he should have been.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on February 10, 2016, 11:18:57 PM
Imo he won't be missed. Not strong enough, not good enough and my God he certainly wasn't fast enough!!!!! Having said that ability isn't everything. He tried hard so good luck to him. But after the days of having Boa as my hero and then seeing the likes of Duff and Davies I think it's an insult to football to call Pringle a wide player. More of a left sided midfielder who drifted into the middle more than he drifted out wide where he should have been.
I think one the reasons fans have not  taken to him is that many expected a winger. And he's not that at all.
We have seen fleeting glimpses of what he can offer but not enough to warrant a place. Although I do find it funny he's not good enough for us and now goes to a club chasing playoffs.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on February 11, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
I think one the reasons fans have not  taken to him is that many expected a winger. And he's not that at all.
We have seen fleeting glimpses of what he can offer but not enough to warrant a place. Although I do find it funny he's nit good enough for us and now goes to a club chasing playoffs.
Agree MJG good enough for a play off pushing team but not for us. Same as Amore playing for Boro but seen as not good enough for us by some.

All very strange.
Every day is a Fulham day

GrahamG

Shame. I think I must be one of the few who still rate him - me and Mick of course. He started in 3 (the first 3) of our 6 wins this season but something obviously went wrong and I wish him luck.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on February 11, 2016, 07:39:27 AM
We have seen fleeting glimpses of what he can offer but not enough to warrant a place. Although I do find it funny he's nit good enough for us and now goes to a club chasing playoffs.
Agree MJG good enough for a play off pushing team but not for us. Same as Amore playing for Boro but seen as not good enough for us by some.

All very strange.
Amorebieta was a bench boy was he not? And pringle hasn't played for anyone yet. So all this good enough for top teams could just be them squad filling
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on February 11, 2016, 08:39:44 AM

All very strange.
Amorebieta was a bench boy was he not? And pringle hasn't played for anyone yet. So all this good enough for top teams could just be them squad filling
He started 11 and came of the bench to play twice in league games, also started 3 cup games for them. so overall 14 starts and 2 subs appearences in 32 games that he was available for
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

I don't rate Pringle so I'm not upset about this, LVC is playing well in that position and Jokanovic seems to prefer inverted wingers
C O Y W

SW6

Quote from: fulhamben on February 11, 2016, 08:39:44 AM

All very strange.
Quote from: Chutney on February 11, 2016, 09:23:57 AM
I don't rate Pringle so I'm not upset about this, LVC is playing well in that position and Jokanovic seems to prefer inverted wingers

think their is a good player in pringle

he can play both attacking midfield or left wing

will be interesting to see how he gets on at portman road

assume he will not be able to play in the  league game up there

ron

If he is considered good elsewhere and poor at the Cottage, then blame for that goes straight on our coaching and tactical instructions.

dannyboi-ffc

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for a player here. Maybe Pringle isn't a bad player, he popped up with a couple of decent goals. Sometimes some players don't get time if they don't hit the ground running where as others improve massively with a bit of patience. An example of that would be Baird.

I thought I saw enough of Pringle to make my mind up that he wasn't good enough for the direction we wanted to go. There have been many players that have gone elsewhere and been superb which leaves us puzzled. Sometimes that's just how it is.

IMO Rotherham was probably the right level for him, ironically the position we now also find ourselves in but I hope we have more potential to push on then Rotherham do.

Good luck to Pringle

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think a lot of the winger 'miss-conception' is that when we have seen him or looked on You Tube
he was constantly slinging over great crosses and corners.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on February 11, 2016, 01:27:12 PM
I think a lot of the winger 'miss-conception' is that when we have seen him or looked on You Tube
he was constantly slinging over great crosses and corners.

But the one thing I'd say I could agree with was that he could deliver a superb cross. But he wasn't Beckhamesque, you were lucky if 1 out of 5 crosses was half decent, most of them went sky high and out of play or straight to the keeper.

Sometimes you can accept weaknesses in someone if their strengths are consistent. But I don't think he was consistent at anything that could be labelled good. He worked hard but is that enough?  Tunnicliffe works just as hard.

Pringle didn't get a look in pretty much ever since he was dropped under Kit, for Kaca!!!! These managers see Pringle everyday in training and Kaca was clearly the better option. IMO that says it all because we'll be waiting until Kaca retires before he reaches his potential if he actually has any.

Maybe I'm harsh but I think our options are so bad on the left without Georgie boy that I think it says alot about how inferior Pringle and Kaca are to most wingers we've had.......sorry I mean 'left sided midfielder' lol

Somewhere in Ipswich Pringle is currently getting the word Fulhamish tattooed on his chest in preparation for his hatrick against us and being the catalyst for promotion via the playoffs with them

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

terryr

I always thought Pringle was capable of incredible crosses and gave us a real threat in that department.

FPT

Quote from: TerryR on February 11, 2016, 03:48:14 PM
I always thought Pringle was capable of incredible crosses and gave us a real threat in that department.

I must say, I've pondered the idea of him as a left sided central midfielder in a three - with say Kacaniklic on the wing - Pringle just taking up a naturally narrower position. So Kacaniklic hugs the touchline and Pringle sits in the pockets. That or one of the right like a Damien Duff - where coming inwards almost facilitates a lack of pace. "Don't worry about beating your man, just chuck it onto your left and get balls in the box."

Twig

Quote from: FPT on February 11, 2016, 03:57:48 PM
Quote from: TerryR on February 11, 2016, 03:48:14 PM

I must say, I've pondered the idea of him as a left sided central midfielder in a three - with say Kacaniklic on the wing - Pringle just taking up a naturally narrower position. So Kacaniklic hugs the touchline and Pringle sits in the pockets. That or one of the right like a Damien Duff - where coming inwards almost facilitates a lack of pace. "Don't worry about beating your man, just chuck it onto your left and get balls in the box."

But they will always be diagonal balls played from behind the striker.  The virtue of a proper wide man is that crosses can played in front for a striker to run on to.

Skatzoffc

Good luck to him.

He didn't shine here imo.
Also one of the casualties of buying many similar midfield players in the window instead of wide men which we needed.

Ho hum.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

MikeW

Danny - how can Rotherham be the right level for him?  Isn't that the level we are at?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."