Why did we let Shorey go to WBA?

Started by Jimpav, August 09, 2010, 10:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Seems daft to have not signed him up.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

There must be something fundamentrally wrong with him.

We had first dibs and never showed an interest and he has struggled to get playing time elsewhere or get lots of clubs interested in him.

LRCN

good back up, not better than konch by a bit though and would struggle to get into any top 13/14 team. disappointed we didn't sign him considering it'd only be 2 million or so, but firstly hughes wouldn't have had enough time to analyse him i think, and secondly we could well have made an offer that was rejected in order to look for first team football. wouldn't mind joe mattock from west brom now. 19 year old left back, very very talented player.

Steve_orino

Wrote that thread title right out of my head...

Quote from: Lork on August 09, 2010, 11:06:24 PM
good back up, not better than konch by a bit though and would struggle to get into any top 13/14 team. disappointed we didn't sign him considering it'd only be 2 million or so, but firstly hughes wouldn't have had enough time to analyse him i think, and secondly we could well have made an offer that was rejected in order to look for first team football. wouldn't mind joe mattock from west brom now. 19 year old left back, very very talented player.

Joe Mattock...yes please!  Could backup Konch for two years and then step in...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Mr Fulham

Shorey wanted regular first team football, didn't want to be backup. At Fulham, he would have been second choice...

Can't see us getting Mattock. He'll play two or three years for WBA and then join Chelsea or United....

Hazey

Haven't we got Marsh-Brown in the development squad who can play anywhere down the left?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club