watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kenwyne Jones To Fulham??

Started by os5889, August 10, 2010, 09:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2010/08/10/unsettled-kenwyne-jones-wants-to-quit-cats-61634-27030409/

Unsettled Kenwyne Jones wants to quit Cats
Aug 10 2010 by Lee Ryder, The Journal

KENWYNE Jones wants to quit Sunderland – and the Trinidad and Tobago international is hoping to secure a move away from the Stadium of Light before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

Jones no longer feels that Sunderland's ambitions match his own – even though there have been a spate of new faces on Wearside this summer.

Jones was linked with a move to the Black Cats' Premier League rivals Stoke City last week with Britannia Stadium boss Tony Pulis having a £23million transfer kitty burning a hole in his pocket.

Pulis was interested in Newcastle United striker Andy Carroll earlier this summer but the Gateshead-born striker is very much settled on Tyneside and has since been handed the club's coveted number nine shirt.

However, while Stoke would love to add the 25-year-old to their ranks, Jones doesn't fancy a move to the Potteries, even though the powerful former Southampton man spent a stint on loan with City five years ago.

Indeed, sources close to the 6ft 2in striker say that Jones would love to land a move to London with Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Redknapp already a big fan of the Trinidad and Tobago striker – and the White Hart Lane manager has the carrot of Champions League football to dangle in front of his transfer targets.

The news has also been relayed to Fulham's new manager Mark Hughes, who would have to find £8million to secure his services. Either way, Jones wants out at Sunderland and feels time has run its course with the Black Cats.

The unhappy Sunderland star told friends: "It's time for me to write a new chapter in my life."

Hazey

I'd take him.

Imagine Bob and Jones terrorising defences.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

AlFayedsChequebook

I would rather have Cole for £8m. Kenywe Jones has been average of late, doesn't seen interested, not a player Fulham need atm for that price.

Hazey

His form is definitely nowhere near the level it was at in the fisrt year with the black cats.

A cheeky offer of £4m and see what happens.....
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Tom

Fulham for life!

Jimpav

Thanks but no thanks.

Darren Bent would be another matter altogether.

Burt

I would be happy for this one to come to nothing...