watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rigg and Jokanovic - feel the love

Started by SW6, April 29, 2016, 02:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW6

This was two days after we had beaten Cardiff 2-1 this season.

H4usuallysitting

BalDrick

That is Nigel Pearson right? Is this when they went to watch Brighton?

Blinding results from that fact-finding mission...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SW6

To be fair, it's a power battle between these two at the moment.

Who will win?

BestOfBrede

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: BalDrick on April 29, 2016, 05:47:18 PM
That is Nigel Pearson right? Is this when they went to watch Brighton?

Blinding results from that fact-finding mission...

More like Russ Abbot in Boomers

Boom Boom!!

..FOF..

Quote from: SW6 on April 29, 2016, 09:25:12 PM
To be fair, it's a power battle between these two at the moment.

Who will win?

Watch the movie Draft Day.

I believe that is how Fulham management style will be... Americanized.

Rigg will have more say about signing of players and Joka will be there to keep him in check.

....and yes, it is a good movie as the tension is high between two such characters :)

Jacksonville Jaguar was also potrayed in that movie... not in good light, though  :005:

jarv

Rigg looks like one of those boring bastards we have all had to work with, who thinks he knows more than everyone else put together. I am sire you all know the type I mean.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: jarv on April 29, 2016, 11:58:20 PM
Rigg looks like one of those boring bastards we have all had to work with, who thinks he knows more than everyone else put together. I am sire you all know the type I mean.

And if you don't then I have some bad news for you...!

Andy S

Pictures can be made to say whatever you want. I know if I didn't like someone I would not sit anywhere near them

Max Headroom

I love the way in a lot of the pictures Joka is looking out of the corner of his eyes.... I wouldn't like to cross him ;)

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Max Headroom on April 30, 2016, 09:59:22 AM
I love the way in a lot of the pictures Joka is looking out of the corner of his eyes.... I wouldn't like to cross him ;)

If there ever was a football manager deathmatch, I think Jokanovic would come out victorious.

Bet Slav knows how to fight.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

BalDrick

Quote from: Statto on April 30, 2016, 09:44:51 AM
struggling to keep up here....

so we all hate rigg because he took two months to recruit jokanovic rather than just getting paul lambert...

jokanovic also hates rigg for this reason...

and there's a power struggle between them because at no point in this unacceptably lengthy recruitment process did either of them think to discuss what their respective responsibilities would be...

have i got that right?
I dislike Rigg because, in my view, he's dropped the ball twice.

1. Failing to replace Symons last summer. Whilst at the time we all assumed it was either cost-driven or because he thought Kit was up to the job, with the long period between managers, seemingly because Rigg couldn't find anyone willing to work under him, perhaps the same thing happened in the summer and Kit stayed on by default.

2. The ridiculously long period of time it took him to replace Kit with Jokanovic. To sack Kit with no replacement lined up is beyond rubbish. I was no fan of Kit by then (in fact earlier), but even keeping him on during that interregnum would have yielded more points than we did pick up. That period's points haul was the reason we ended up in a relegation battle.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: BalDrick on April 30, 2016, 11:57:24 AM

so we all hate rigg because he took two months to recruit jokanovic rather than just getting paul lambert...

and there's a power struggle between them because at no point in this unacceptably lengthy recruitment process did either of them think to discuss what their respective responsibilities would be...

have i got that right?

1. Failing to replace Symons last summer. Whilst at the time we all assumed it was either cost-driven or because he thought Kit was up to the job, with the long period between managers, seemingly because Rigg couldn't find anyone willing to work under him, perhaps the same thing happened in the summer and Kit stayed on by default.

2. The ridiculously long period of time it took him to replace Kit with Jokanovic. To sack Kit with no replacement lined up is beyond rubbish. I was no fan of Kit by then (in fact earlier), but even keeping him on during that interregnum would have yielded more points than we did pick up. That period's points haul was the reason we ended up in a relegation battle.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

WayneKerrins

Quote from: Skatzoffc on April 30, 2016, 12:21:51 PM

have i got that right?

:plus one:

cookieg

Maybe Jokas thinking "Come on Riggsy, I bought the first round, drink up and get another in..."

BalDrick

Quote from: Statto on April 30, 2016, 01:55:03 PM

have i got that right?

ok well 1. we're in the same position now as this time last year: the manager has had half a season and not really impressed so the question is do we give him a summer to build and judge him then, or pull the trigger now? so this time around would you rather pull the trigger now and sack joka?

re. 2, we (quite rightly) spoke to a number of candidates to replace kit and inevitably that got leaked. would it have been a better situation with kit still in place for those 8 games whilst the press are reporting our discussions with clarke, pearson, warburton, jokanovic each week?

look both situations could have gone better of course but it's pretty forgivable stuff IMO
1. No, I'd keep him on. There have been signs of improvement, albeit not that many and our points per game hasn't been as good as I expected it to be after the first few games under him. But he's a manager with experience of this league - for me, that's where we're really gone wrong, players and managers. There is no similarity between this league now and the one we owned under Tigana - most squads are pretty switchable bar the very best and the very worst. But what they almost all have - and we don't - is experience of this league.

2. Ideally, we'd have spoken to candidates before sacking Kit and kept it quiet. Other clubs do all the time, why can't we?

You may deem it forgivable; I don't. That happens at any other club and you wet yourself laughing. And no I don't care about people laughing, my point is it's an unprofessional way of doing things. As, might I add, is drawing up a 5-man committee then completely ignoring their findings by going for the cheapest option.

SW6