watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1879 what we can do to get our club back

Started by Jim, May 01, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

I was asked to start a new thread and give details of how we can express our dissatisfaction with the performance of the team over the last three years. Here goes:
1 on the 18 minute we can either chant give us back our Fulham and wave a card saying the same.

2 we can also walk out after 79 minutes whether we are winning or losing.

It is time we got our club back on track. This approach is also being considered on Fulham Web.

I hope everyone understand the relevance of 1879.

For Gods sake lets do something as opposed to continue to muddle along doing nothing but grip. COYW

aaronmcguigan

Big no. What will that actually achieve? Think the oystons give a damm about what the fans do after they've paid their ticket fee? Or believe that Cellino is actually going to react after seeing Leeds fans carry a coffin to the stadium, then pay their ticket fee?

We just need constructive discussions at board level as to the vision and way forward for the club? If you don't like shopping in Tesco, do you do your shopping then shout and wave cards? No. We're supporters because we support. We may not agree with decisions and directions the club is taken but we still support. Obviously if someone tries to merge our club or sell the cottage that's different, but a few poor appointments and signings ... We need to give our backing to the management and board as that's who's taking us into the future. Anything else will increase the venom we don't need aroynd the club

Northern Cottager

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on May 01, 2016, 12:04:18 PM
Big no. What will that actually achieve? Think the oystons give a damm about what the fans do after they've paid their ticket fee? Or believe that Cellino is actually going to react after seeing Leeds fans carry a coffin to the stadium, then pay their ticket fee?

We just need constructive discussions at board level as to the vision and way forward for the club? If you don't like shopping in Tesco, do you do your shopping then shout and wave cards? No. We're supporters because we support. We may not agree with decisions and directions the club is taken but we still support. Obviously if someone tries to merge our club or sell the cottage that's different, but a few poor appointments and signings ... We need to give our backing to the management and board as that's who's taking us into the future. Anything else will increase the venom we don't need aroynd the club

Unfortunately this does deeper than some poor appointments. The club has been backwards since Khans tenure and shows no signs of going in a positive direction. Sitting on your hands and going 'oh well' gets you nowhere. This must be the only club on the planet to accept below mediocrity for a long period of time and claim you need to support the men at the top who are responsible for this dross.

Finnegans Wake

I really think this is jumping the gun abit. I know we`ve not been making any progress recently but we have one more game then the summer to sort it out. If the same thing is happening next season then fair enough.

Oakeshott

"I really think this is jumping the gun abit. I know we`ve not been making any progress recently but we have one more game then the summer to sort it out. If the same thing is happening next season then fair enough."

I very much agree. At times I've thought J looked the real deal but I found yesterday's match deeply depressing - seemingly random changes and no real togetherness or fight.

But as one who thought Kit should have been sacked at the end of last season and therefore was fairly confident we'd be struggling this season, at least this time there is some hope!

Jim

Doing nothing but to except our fate without a fight will also achieve nothing. Those who think the summer will dramatically turn around our performance are real dreamers. Sit there do nothing and see our club languish in the doldrums.

Jim

Jumping the gun you have to be joking we have tolerated three years of crap.

Patrick

Quote from: Jim on May 01, 2016, 02:29:57 PM
Jumping the gun you have to be joking we have tolerated three years of crap.

+1000%....I will be supporting the above idea on Saturday...moan , moan , moan....yet people do nothing.

I was VERY happy at the level of abuse directed at the team (bar McCormack) and SJ yesterday at Griffin Park.

What has happened at OUR club is a combination of 'Abuse of Trust' ... and Utter Ineptitude...executed by absurdly well-paid individuals.......IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.....PERIOD.

Jim...thank you for this post and the one on CC....

Riversider

The Club is clearly stressing us all out this season, so if we want to make a point and also stay in our seats then why not simply follow the lead of the Charlton fans,
Bring a couple of stress balls to the Bolton game, and when the whistle is blown to kick off launch them on to the pitch, if only 1000 bother that's going to be 2 or 3 thousand to clear of the pitch, the game gets stopped, we get the publicity and we make our point,
It won't happen though because Charltons support is well led and organised whereas we've got the Fulham Supporters Trust ! (Sorry boys but you know what I mean)

Lighthouse

The problem is we have so many targets to aim at. But we have no one target that we can blame for the ineptitude of what has happened at our club over the last three years. First time in decades I have no thrill for next season. But this could be a good thing. No expectations. But who is to blame for this mess. Most of the decision makers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: aaronmcguigan on May 01, 2016, 12:04:18 PM

Your entitled to disagree with the OP but your reasoning for doing so is gobbledegook!

SP

I think we should all pull our Y-fronts up over our trousers by way of protest. 

094.gif

@jolslover

ahhaaha, a mass walkout, why? what would it achieve? as if we have anything to actually complain about??? so many clubs in much worse positions than us.
STH H3

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 01, 2016, 06:00:59 PM

Your entitled to disagree with the OP but your reasoning for doing so is gobbledegook!

Simplified reasoning. If the owner or board are happy enough to have sat through 3 years of this dross, what difference will a walk out do? leave match day for the match, and organise meetings to have it out with or a proper all out fistfight with the ones responsible for brining the club to its knees.

Dodger53

I will walk out after their second goal!

bill taylors apprentice

I'm seriously thinking about approaching the players as they warm up prior to kick off and give them a stern talking to about our continuing disappointment with them.

As I sit in the Riverside stand I'm sure they will assume I'm meek sort of chap so when I wander down to the touch line and call them over for a word I'm sure they will oblige.

My only issue is will I have long enough to tell them what bunch over overrated, useless, selfish cowards the are before I'm told to go forth and multiply and they laugh at me for caring about my team?

Jim

Can the do nothing brigade please explain to me what that has achieved over the last three years ? The answer is nothing. Those who say do nothing have fallen into the trap of lowering Fulham standards. We pay good money why don't we have the guts to offer our opinion in some form of protest at how the club is being brought into disrepute?

It is time to do something and the answer isn't nothing.

ScalleysDad

Did'nt we do already do a "we've got our Fulham back" chant when Kit got the job of putting a massive sticking plaster over the mess we were in then. 'They' gave into us once so I doubt we will get a hearing let alone persuade anybody to act.
Bums on seats, or not, seems to be the way to protest against the money men. Walk in late, or gather on the concourse until the 18t minute, and then turn your backs on the players. No rude words or gesticulations and you have a very fulhamish protest. By the 79th minute on current form we will be a couple down so take your choice on that one.

Scrumpy

I won't be taking part in any demonstrations.

During the Clay and Bulstrode years, I was a member of Fulham 2000 and wrote countless letters to the government, my local MP - whatever was asked of me. That was because we had an owner who was intent on selling the ground and ruining the Club. That was Bulstrode's intention when he took over and it was certainly Clay's intention a few years after he rose to power.

The current owner is just not very good at the job. Khan has little knowledge of football and does not seem to share our passion for the Club. He has made a number of disastrous appointments and relied on others for their advice. But he has ploughed money into the Club and looks intent on spending money when he is allowed to by FFP. What is a protest going to ask for? That he 'tries harder' or applies himself better to the job?

Someone on Saturday remarked to me that he thought Jazz Richards would be playing better considering he needed to cement his place in the Welsh squad. As if he was NOT trying his best?! The fact was, that Richards WAS doing his best but it just wasn't good enough (short on match fitness and talent, maybe). My point is, it was pointless berating Richards on Saturday because he was trying his best. It's equally pointless berating Khan on Saturday, because he is also doing his best. Trouble is, his best is nowhere near good enough.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jim

If Khan isn't up to the job he should move on; the same goes for Rigg and Mackinwhat aloadoftosh.