more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1879 what we can do to get our club back

Started by Jim, May 01, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 01, 2016, 10:45:48 PM
I won't be taking part in any demonstrations.

During the Clay and Bulstrode years, I was a member of Fulham 2000 and wrote countless letters to the government, my local MP - whatever was asked of me. That was because we had an owner who was intent on selling the ground and ruining the Club. That was Bulstrode's intention when he took over and it was certainly Clay's intention a few years after he rose to power.

The current owner is just not very good at the job. Khan has little knowledge of football and does not seem to share our passion for the Club. He has made a number of disastrous appointments and relied on others for their advice. But he has ploughed money into the Club and looks intent on spending money when he is allowed to by FFP. What is a protest going to ask for? That he 'tries harder' or applies himself better to the job?

Someone on Saturday remarked to me that he thought Jazz Richards would be playing better considering he needed to cement his place in the Welsh squad. As if he was NOT trying his best?! The fact was, that Richards WAS doing his best but it just wasn't good enough (short on match fitness and talent, maybe). My point is, it was pointless berating Richards on Saturday because he was trying his best. It's equally pointless berating Khan on Saturday, because he is also doing his best. Trouble is, his best is nowhere near good enough.

Let me get this right, you are saying the players are not very good, the owner is not very good but you believe they are trying their best?

But you don't say if you are unhappy or not with the way your club is being run and the team is performing?

In theory the club could slip into the conference due to people trying very hard but being bloody useless, how would you feel about that?

Scrumpy

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 01, 2016, 11:34:42 PM

During the Clay and Bulstrode years, I was a member of Fulham 2000 and wrote countless letters to the government, my local MP - whatever was asked of me. That was because we had an owner who was intent on selling the ground and ruining the Club. That was Bulstrode's intention when he took over and it was certainly Clay's intention a few years after he rose to power.

The current owner is just not very good at the job. Khan has little knowledge of football and does not seem to share our passion for the Club. He has made a number of disastrous appointments and relied on others for their advice. But he has ploughed money into the Club and looks intent on spending money when he is allowed to by FFP. What is a protest going to ask for? That he 'tries harder' or applies himself better to the job?

Someone on Saturday remarked to me that he thought Jazz Richards would be playing better considering he needed to cement his place in the Welsh squad. As if he was NOT trying his best?! The fact was, that Richards WAS doing his best but it just wasn't good enough (short on match fitness and talent, maybe). My point is, it was pointless berating Richards on Saturday because he was trying his best. It's equally pointless berating Khan on Saturday, because he is also doing his best. Trouble is, his best is nowhere near good enough.

Let me get this right, you are saying the players are not very good, the owner is not very good but you believe they are trying their best?

But you don't say if you are unhappy or not with the way your club is being run and the team is performing?

In theory the club could slip into the conference due to people trying very hard but being bloody useless, how would you feel about that?
That's it, you've understood me completely. I'm unhappy with the way the Club is being run and of course I wouldn't be happy if we fell to the conference. I don't believe the owner needs a demonstration to know how unhappy we all are, or to know that we are under-performing by almost any measure.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

RaySmith

Richards seems like someone whose confidence is shot to pieces, for Fulham anyway. I think he tried his best, but just wasn't up to it yesterday.

This a constant refrain amongst fans, and Fulham fans at the moment - they don't give a ****, they don't  care or try. But is this usually true? The players have a lot at stake, as does the manger. It's their careers on the line, apart from pride.

But I do think that it can seem as  if players don't care, if they play as badly as we did yesterday, but I'm not sure that this is the case - we don't play as a team and confidence  is very low, and we're not good enough either. But  successful team work can make ordinary players look good, and poor team work and morale can do the opposite.

Finnegans Wake

But like Scrumpy said, what are you actually asking for with regards to the protests? To let them know you want the team to win more football games? I reckon they might already be aware of that.   

Finnegans Wake

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 01, 2016, 07:03:18 PM
I'm seriously thinking about approaching the players as they warm up prior to kick off and give them a stern talking to about our continuing disappointment with them.

As I sit in the Riverside stand I'm sure they will assume I'm meek sort of chap so when I wander down to the touch line and call them over for a word I'm sure they will oblige.

My only issue is will I have long enough to tell them what bunch over overrated, useless, selfish cowards the are before I'm told to go forth and multiply and they laugh at me for caring about my team?

And if McCormack and Dembele were in any doubts about staying I think you`d make their minds up.

Blanco

alfie

Now this is something i like, why oh why do some supporters believe that players are not trying their best, those same supporters must be absoolutely perfect in everthing they do, never have a bad day at work, players have to at least try their best as their reputations defpend on being selected each week, and we all know that when things are wrong everyone gets affected, we will see a change next season of this i am sure. If you disagree with what i have just said then so be it, each to their own.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

snarks

I have thought long and hard about this before deciding to post, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to protest, my reasons for it are this:-
1.  Fulham have an owner that within FFP who appears prepared to invest in the team and the inferstructure.
2. He has tried to bring in football people to make up his lack of knowledge
3. The club have not stuck with a hapless manager for too long since he took over.
4. The manager is one with a track record in the championship.
5. The club are not just increasing prices so the owner can make more money.

My conclusion for the current position is that people are complaining over the lack of success on the pitch, that's fair, are the players good enough, clearly not. Have they found a manager who recognises that, yes it would appear so. Will he be backed, again yes it appears so. So to those who want to protest about the lack if success do so, however you want to. Just don't try and speak for me, because you don't.

Jim

Help me understand your points better. I don't think he has invested on the field more than we have got from transfer. Infrastructure alone doesn't make us a better football club unless you want to sell it or develop property etc.

You say the manager has a track record in the championship. I wouldn't call it a track record - one season of success compared with other managers available.

Wow the prices aren't going up - big deal; they should be coming down given the quality of football.

I acknowledge your other points but the facts are it just ain't good enough.

snarks

Jim so what do you want to see, better players me too, more success me too.

I keep asking this question. Name me 1 player that a manager has wanted and the chairman has said no to because of money. I've not heard of 1 in 3 years. He has FFP to follow which I get in a broad brush but not the specifics. I believe he is close to the maximum permitted loss in each year, so he is investing.

It's the lack of success after the good years, I'm sure the fans of Wigan and Bolton feel the same. I am optimistic that it will turn round, Southampton nearly went out of business before they got it back together. Villa are a financial and investment mess, Blackburn and Leeds, well enough said. Fulham are not in that state. It's down to the players, the purchasing decisions have not been good enough. For that I don't blame the owner, but the succession of managers and advisors. Hence my decision not to protest about the current situation.

valdeingruo

It is down to the players not giving their all. The Chairman does spend money and has attempted to bring in football people. He has been poorly advised and when he has decided to make a decision, generally its a little later than it should have been. I don't think we waited two months without a manager just to get in another one who will be walking in a few months. This one feels like someone Mr. Khan will be backing to the fullest.

I don't think chanting "We want our Fulham back" will do much good. As many posters have stated, we have had much worse scenarios in which it was appropriate and the last time it was around the Cottage we got Kit, who I don't think was truly the panels choice.

I saw it posted earlier to turn backs  upon the players. This would work more than anything I can think of, only of course if the match was out of order. Imagine the Cottage, silent with the backs turned, that would do a lot more in my opinion than boos, you can harden yourself to boos, theyre professional players, you know they've all been booed. The only thing that might rouse them song wise is "Fight for the shirt" or " You don't fight for the shirt"

I believe that there will be a revolution this summer and we will be in a better position come August. I think most peoples opinion would be different of our Chairman had we stayed up.

I want to believe and so I shall. If come the turn of the new year we are still languishing near our current position, then I will eat my pie and acknowledge it.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

It'll be interesting to see if the vast majority of the crowd reacts at the Cottage the same way a huge percentage of the supporters at The Emirates did this weekend, when a bunch of entitled idiots complained because Arsenal never wins anything.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Southdowns White

Everyone who pays their money to get in has the right to complain. Anyone who is employed by the club who is not up to the job should be able to take the criticism they get if they are not performing. In any normal job people are fired, dismissed every day because they are no good at the job, If these people were any good they wouldn't be in that situation. So who under Khan from the chief executive down to the boot cleaner is not doing their job and earning their money? Why are these people still at the club? Who is responsible for sacking, not renewing contracts etc ? especially if you were the person that employed these people/players in the first place because that only undermines that persons abilities in the first place. I am sure that there is every chance of some nepotism going on within football where the best person does not always get the job. There is so much money for the lucky few employed in positions of power in football, people will do anything to hold onto their positions and I think this makes every decision a long or sometimes avoided process.
As for Fulham something needs to happen from Khan to sort this situation out, but who does he know in football who can advise him on employing a new chief executive and making sure we do not just repeat the process over again.   

Berserker

Just don't go to the match.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Question  ..."give us back our Fulham"

What is it you want back exactly? 

RaySmith

What specifically will you be protesting about? Do you have  precise demands? rather than wanting to show that you are  fed up with our poor performances and failure to get promotion, and  finishing just above the relegation  slots. Do you want a new manager?

As said, Khan has put a lot of money into the club, appointed new managers when old ones  were criticised, is proposing to develop the ground- presumably everyone involved with the club wants success, including the owner.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on May 02, 2016, 09:23:48 AM

Now this is something i like, why oh why do some supporters believe that players are not trying their best, those same supporters must be absoolutely perfect in everthing they do, never have a bad day at work, players have to at least try their best as their reputations defpend on being selected each week, and we all know that when things are wrong everyone gets affected, we will see a change next season of this i am sure. If you disagree with what i have just said then so be it, each to their own.

Like you say "each to their own"
But I say you have used a poor example to make your case.

Playing "the never have a bad day at work" card is senseless, there's a big difference between working hard and enthusiastically but just not getting it right and going through the motions and not caring about the quality of your work!

Don't tell me you have never come across these scenarios?

These players are under performing, it may not be all their fault and they may need to move on to resurrect their career but in simple terms its down to them to attend to the small details and search for marginal gains in their performance as much as the accountants running the club do in their roles.

To use your work place analogy, these players collectivity and individually are not just having a bad day at the office, they are not happy and enthusiastic workers who are fully engaged in taking positive action to further the teams and their own interests.

As for doing their best to keep their 'reputations'.
Really! How long have you been watching football?
No! Please don't answer that, each to their own.

Andy S

Exactly not at this stage. Go to the last game enjoy it and see what the summer brings. Plenty of time to not renew your season ticket. Sadly the players are already away on their holidays so go and enjoy yours. I for one cannot see what a protest like this would achieve. Protests on their own look stupid without a plan behind them. Where's the plan?

epsomraver

Quote from: Jim on May 02, 2016, 11:25:45 AM
Help me understand your points better. I don't think he has invested on the field more than we have got from transfer. Infrastructure alone doesn't make us a better football club unless you want to sell it or develop property etc.

You say the manager has a track record in the championship. I wouldn't call it a track record - one season of success compared with other managers available.

Wow the prices aren't going up - big deal; they should be coming down given the quality of football.

I acknowledge your other points but the facts are it just ain't good enough.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: Andy S on May 03, 2016, 09:46:14 AM
Exactly not at this stage. Go to the last game enjoy it and see what the summer brings. Plenty of time to not renew your season ticket. Sadly the players are already away on their holidays so go and enjoy yours. I for one cannot see what a protest like this would achieve. Protests on their own look stupid without a plan behind them. Where's the plan?

Good job we didn't feel like that back in the Fulham park rangers days and back to the Cottage times then , The club don't give a flying F for the supporters, those days have long gone and they will keep on dishing out the same poor performances and the same spin while we mugs take it