watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by Wearethewhites, May 01, 2016, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Rumours today that Villa are making an approach based on a get out clause in his contract. This has come from the Daily Fail, so doubt its true, but..

It's known that McCormack is a contributor to the already toxic atmosphere amongst the First Team, not just him, but a few other senior players.

He is, without doubt, one of the best players in the Championship, but is also known to have an attitude to match.

Unfortunately, this is something that comes with the territory, and for a player that contributes with 23 goals a season, you're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Ross is nearly 30, is on a 4 year contract, has a decent resell value, and if sold, might be the start to repairing a bad atmosphere within the squad.

If so, and if Jokanovic has a solid replacement, would you be tempted to sell in the Summer?   

@jolslover

hmm, good question. Probably not as what striker can we realistically get better than Mccormack? Cant think of many..
STH H3

Lighthouse

Not sure about his contribution to the toxic atmosphere. But he has certainly been unlucky with the clubs he has played for in Leeds and Fulham. I would see the point in selling him if we can find decent players to fill the places we most desperately need in defence etc. However the bad atmosphere, if true, is down to poor management and once players are confident and happy knowing what they have to do on the pitch the better the atmosphere.

So sell him if we can find the right replacements. But the atmosphere will go whoever is there once the team start to perform well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

unfortunately....yes it is

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2016, 05:27:50 PM
Not sure about his contribution to the toxic atmosphere. But he has certainly been unlucky with the clubs he has played for in Leeds and Fulham. I would see the point in selling him if we can find decent players to fill the places we most desperately need in defence etc. However the bad atmosphere, if true, is down to poor management and once players are confident and happy knowing what they have to do on the pitch the better the atmosphere.

So sell him if we can find the right replacements. But the atmosphere will go whoever is there once the team start to perform well.

No, trust me, he is known as a regular contributor to the toxic atmosphere around the first team. He is 1 of the known senior players who currently makes it difficult for the coach, but is always difficult to drop because of his talents. Baby and pram sprang to mind over the Boro transfer. I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are, just thought I'd throw it out there to get peoples opinions.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2016, 05:32:32 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:20:00 PM
It's known that McCormack is a contributor to the already toxic atmosphere amongst the First Team

no it isn't

Yes it is.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:42:15 PM
I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are

quelle surprise

Yes, because of idiotic responses like this, from members who want rubber stamped proof, before they can accept any type of legitimacy. Just answer the question rather than acting like some kind of forum detective.

Keep or sell?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2016, 05:27:50 PM

No, trust me, he is known as a regular contributor to the toxic atmosphere around the first team. He is 1 of the known senior players who currently makes it difficult for the coach, but is always difficult to drop because of his talents. Baby and pram sprang to mind over the Boro transfer. I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are, just thought I'd throw it out there to get peoples opinions.

Fair enough. It we could get a good amount for him and that would help us to find replacements in the right area. Then no one player is above the good of the team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

St Eve

I expect him to be sold and as long as the price is right and we invest in replacements wisely I have no problem with that. Unfortunately we normally fail in this area

Wearethewhites

He is also getting married in around 6 weeks.

St Eve

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 06:03:32 PM
He is also getting married in around 6 weeks.
is she from Birmingham?

aaronmcguigan

We all thought Saha wasn't replaceable . We thought demps and dembele weren't replaceable . They were replaceable but we just didn't. As long as we get the cash to reinvest, then go for it. People come and go, he's been better than a lot of what we had when In the premier league. We should have had the balls to go for him in the premier league. I think SJ has come out plenty of times and said we want to build a team around Ross. Debatable whether Ross is such a team player to build the rest around him but it sounds like Slav wants to keep him.

jarv

So, we lose Ross and Moussa, we still have Smith and Woodrow for next season's striking pair. :Get Coat gif:

ffcjock

He's going back to Rangers. You heard it here first!

J.Perkins

If a large bid comes in, ~£15m, we should accept. He probably isn't good to have in the dressing room as he's annoyed of constantly having poo around him.

EJL

I wouldn't be surprised if Jokanovic doesn't like him.

HatterDon

What is the most amazing part of Ross's goal scoring feats the last two seasons is that he didn't score any of them against our defense. THAT's impressive.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FishaPrice

Quote from: HatterDon on May 02, 2016, 11:25:48 PM
What is the most amazing part of Ross's goal scoring feats the last two seasons is that he didn't score any of them against our defense. THAT's impressive.
Agreed.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

George Best, Rodney Marsh, Roy Keane, Paul Gascoigne and numerous others were considered destructive.
It's how they are managed
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 01, 2016, 05:52:21 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 01, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
I'm not going to get into all the nitty gritty of how I know, who's told me, or who my sources are

quelle surprise

Yes, because of idiotic responses like this, from members who want rubber stamped proof, before they can accept any type of legitimacy. Just answer the question rather than acting like some kind of forum detective.

Keep or sell?

I would have kept him because he's our best player but now that i know with 100% certainty that he is a poison, a snake, a cancer in the dressing room then i say he absolutely must go.