News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker is part of the problem, not solution.

Started by FulhamStu, May 03, 2016, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

I don't understand the praise generally given to Scott Parker.  I Totally accept that he has had a fantastic career and even now does his best and certainly gives more effort than many of our work shy squad however:

His signing was a massive error.  He has cost the club a fortune in wages, has been injured for large periods of time, and as captain has failed to galvanise anything.

His game is to be dynamic a game that he can't consistently manage any more.  He is a rubbish defender although brave and good at blocking shots is consistently out of position due to his desire to follow the ball.

Those calling for him to be kept on in any playing capacity are wrong in my view.

Parker has been an unmitigated disaster for Fulham and has cost the club north of £10 million.

MJG

I'd agree its time to move on from Parker and I would not offer any type of playing contract, and for other reasons I have heard nor a coaching one.

bill taylors apprentice

I agree with the OP whole heartedly !

He may be a thoroughly decent chap but seeing him talk in the media he strikes me as a wooden, inarticulate, decent chap who may not be an asset to the club.

And I have a sneaky feeling he doesn't get on with the current team management.

J.Perkins

I have to completely disagree with your Parker comments. He has been a true leader of this squad, and is not a reason why it's failing.

He's unfortunately been part of the worst 3 squads we've had in our recent history. I don't believe that he's at fault at all.

Yes, his wages are high. But we do have the financial capability to be allowed to keep him.

I do agree that he shouldn't be a player for us next season, but as SJ has stated previously, he is a good person to have in the dressing room. Coaching role for sure.

rubbernecca

Based on his his fashion sense, his heart is with West Ham.

colinwhite

I totally see where the OP is coming from . I also think that Scott has been given the defnsive midfielder tag for his age alone as he was abox to box midfielder. This like many other things has failed to give us the balance we need as he doesnt have the physicality for this division . But lets not forget that without his class and drive in that run we put together to stay up, we would probably be down .

FulhamStu

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 03, 2016, 10:32:22 AM
I have to completely disagree with your Parker comments. He has been a true leader of this squad, and is not a reason why it's failing.

He's unfortunately been part of the worst 3 squads we've had in our recent history. I don't believe that he's at fault at all.

Yes, his wages are high. But we do have the financial capability to be allowed to keep him.

I do agree that he shouldn't be a player for us next season, but as SJ has stated previously, he is a good person to have in the dressing room. Coaching role for sure.

Errr, Parkers wages helped cost us a FFP embargo and having a wealthy owner does not help.  We will have a budget to spend on players and spending a high % of it on an unfit  player who is unable to now play to his maximum was crazy.

There is nothing that i have seen on the pitch other than maybe a handful of games in 3 whole seasons that tells me Parker has been an effective leader on the pitch, in fact I would say exactly the opposite.

There is also no evidence that Parker would make a good coach.  If you want an unproven exe player as coach I would take Danny Murphy over Parker every day.

love4ffc

Quote from: MJG on May 03, 2016, 10:18:56 AM
I'd agree its time to move on from Parker and I would not offer any type of playing contract, and for other reasons I have heard nor a coaching one.

Rather sad to hear this as I would of fancied him in a coaching role. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Chutney

This.
C O Y W

HatterDon

Every time I see a post like the OP, I'm reminded of a Friend of Fulham contributor [I wish I had made note of his nom-de-FofF] who said that every match he attended, there was a guy near him who spent the entire 90 minutes complaining about the same player -- how useless he was, how clueless, how he contributed nothing, how he was everything that was wrong about Fulham.

The player? Danny Murphy.

As my late father-in-law was fond of saying, "It'd be a boring old world if we all agreed on everything."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamStu

Quote from: HatterDon on May 03, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Every time I see a post like the OP, I'm reminded of a Friend of Fulham contributor [I wish I had made note of his nom-de-FofF] who said that every match he attended, there was a guy near him who spent the entire 90 minutes complaining about the same player -- how useless he was, how clueless, how he contributed nothing, how he was everything that was wrong about Fulham.

The player? Danny Murphy.

Very true my friend, I don't mean to sound all bitter and twisted about good ol Scott,
I know he has been a very good player, just think we made a mistake with him baring
in mind all our other needs.   Maybe also I have never really forgotten that terrible tackle
up at Newcastle.

As my late father-in-law was fond of saying, "It'd be a boring old world if we all agreed on everything."

domprague

We seem to have this habit of saying 'let's put so and so in a coaching capacity' when we have no idea if they are any good at it. First Murphy, now Parker.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Denver Fulham

He's a central midfielder and a primary ballhandling conduit. Of course it's partly his fault that we've had three of the worst squads in club history.

Finnegans Wake

Parker has to go (from the playing staff that is). His lack of mobility has been one of our main problems in my view.

J.Perkins

Quote from: domprague on May 03, 2016, 10:37:04 PM
We seem to have this habit of saying 'let's put so and so in a coaching capacity' when we have no idea if they are any good at it. First Murphy, now Parker.

He already plays a minor coaching role in SJs set up. When he was injured, he was in the dugout along side him.

domprague

Well, that suggests he's not much good at it!
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on May 03, 2016, 11:07:30 AM
I totally see where the OP is coming from . I also think that Scott has been given the defnsive midfielder tag for his age alone as he was abox to box midfielder. This like many other things has failed to give us the balance we need as he doesnt have the physicality for this division . But lets not forget that without his class and drive in that run we put together to stay up, we would probably be down .
when was he box to box? He was a holding midfielder for Spurs and england
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Forever Fulham

Too slow. 
Too small.
Too old.
Should never have brought him onto the team.
But everyone, I included, loves his character and basic decency. 
And Scott the person blinds all to Scott the current player.
I've been wondering whether Scott has helped or hurt team chemistry these last couple of seasons.

Berserker

I kinda like Scott, I'd be dissappointed if there is any truth in the rumours

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.