watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Preston away

Started by bog, May 03, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I was talking to an ecstatic Leicester City supporting friend of mine today and he said how he went to our away game at Preston. He is well aware that we have always had a reputation for good football but that night he saw much of the following. Right from the start we were obviously time wasting at every possible opportunity, often our players were  rolling about on the ground holding their heads so that the ref had to stop the game. Generally we seemed to adopt a rather cynical attitude throughout. Then, near the end, the subs spent time winding up the home support by signalling the score as they 'warmed down'. If this is going to be our collective style of play then it is not for me folks. Was there anyone there who can confirm that a lot of this went on? I hope not.  :016:

092.gif

RaySmith

I nearly went, right up to the last minute I was  thinking strongly of it, but there was a problem with whther I would  catch my last train home from Preston.

In the end, it was a good job I didn't go, although it would have been great to witness a crucial victory, since I would have had to have left the ground  at last thirty mins before the end of the game, to  catch my train. And if I had waited to the very end, which I  would find hard not to, I would have had  five minutes to get two miles to the station.

But there  was five minutes added onto the  first half, and seven minutes at the end, which went into over ten, so perhaps we were time wasting. But this  was a game that  we had to get something out of, and although I would normally  criticise such tactics, certainly if the opposition did it, I suppose I can see why Joka might want the team to do this.

But someone who was actually at the game  can provide more info about this.

ffc2004

I was there, and quite where the officials got so much added time from I have no idea

AnEssexFan

I went to this game.

It was a very professional performance. One where we obviously had a game plan, and no matter what we were going to stick to it. Yes there was time wasting, but there were also injuries. But also, every player put their body on the line for the full match and ground out an important win.
It wasn't pretty, and there wasn't much football, but it got the job done.
@leightonrw07

bog

Thanks an Essex fan. If this was just to get a result as we really needed one okay, I don't like it but I can understand. However, if it is going to be this system often then no thanks.

092.gif   

Bill2

Of course Leicester have never done anything such as time wasting or feigned injury to buy a few seconds,

What utter clap trap from some fan who thinks they have a God given right to criticise another them because his team won the Prem. Tell him to go forth and multiply and if he thought we were time wasting and diving wait until he watches some Champions League matches next season. Every team on the planet, including Leicester, waste time when they are winning and if thinks they don't suggest a trip to Specsavers.