watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My view on Jokanovic

Started by I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!, May 03, 2016, 08:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!

I totally agree with the fact that Jokanovic has not done much to help however I am leaving the majority of my criticism towards next season. Let him get the players he needs in and then judge him. We have a toxic team at our club and have no chemistry whatsoever in the team. That's a recipe for football disaster right there!

Khan has said he will help fund the club to be able to be able to fight higher in the table, so I have to say Jokanovic has to stay for next season, both for chemistry and for stability.

Also...    CONGRATULATIONS LEICESTER CITY!!!!!!

:wow: :medal: :wow:
If you don't like surprises, don't support fulham!

FulhamStu

This word toxic seems the inn thing to say.  I don't think it's toxic, I think the squad is just over rated and I don't mean by us the fans.  I think they have been told how good they are so many times they believe it.   They don't seem to realise you only get success in this division by bloody hard work.   I will never forget the kit intereview when he said they would need to do more work on defensive set plays which they did not enjoy.  I think Jokanovic has such a different approach that they have either been unable or unwilling to change.  This squad needs to be tougher, rougher and far more agressive to match the current coach and the needs of this league and I am confident that will happen this summer.

BestOfBrede

There's no 'toxic' within the club
This is mass hysteria from panicking fans!
Tis crazy poo - we've been in far worse times and yet supported not anti-supported

Calm down and wait and see!

RaySmith

I think Kit's words were taken out of context.

I don't think  Fulham's problem is lazy players, and I don't think our players are lazy- if it was the reason behind our problems, it would be easy to sort out -I'm sure you could find  a squad of players who'd give 100% the club if that was what was the problem.

epsomraver

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 03, 2016, 09:23:00 PM
Tis crazy poo - we've been in far worse times and yet supported not anti-supported

And that is where you are wrong, most on here are v"supporters" but are fed up with the lack of effort by the teams in the last two seasons, Yes we have had worse, but at least when we had poor players they gave 100% on the pitch, that is what frustrates the fans, there is a reason why these players are not giving their all for this manager and that is because they do not like him or his tactics.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: epsomraver on May 03, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

And that is where you are wrong, most on here are v"supporters" but are fed up with the lack of effort by the teams in the last two seasons, Yes we have had worse, but at least when we had poor players they gave 100% on the pitch, that is what frustrates the fans, there is a reason why these players are not giving their all for this manager and that is because they do not like him or his tactics.

We may all be supporters and we may rightly be frustrated but there is hysteria based on incorrect assumptions and dodgy arguments.

For example, how can you point to "the lack of effort by the teams in the last two seasons" and then be selective saying that they are "not giving their all for this manager"?

PokerMatt

So they didn't like Gray or his tactics; Grant or his tactics; Kit or his tactics?

Is there a manager out there who they do like and whose tactics they enjoy? Suggests to me it's more a problem with the players altogether if they pick and choose who to make effort for.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

When things are going poorly then I am sure people have more to say and make excuses. But the so called lack of effort just looks like a confused bunch of players to me. They don't look as if they know what they are supposed to do. Many are still not in the positions that they prefer or are most effective in.

So instead of a great overhaul needed yet again. We may just need a few important positions being filled. Our manager will no doubt have to work hard to replace out of contract and players not wanting to stay. However the toxicity and confusion will disappear once players are playing in positions they know and with team mates who are also allowed to play to their strengths.

Trust has been lost everywhere. The manager will need to earn it back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 04, 2016, 09:36:26 AM

So they didn't like Gray or his tactics; Grant or his tactics; Kit or his tactics?

Is there a manager out there who they do like and whose tactics they enjoy? Suggests to me it's more a problem with the players altogether if they pick and choose who to make effort for.
And there have been a big turnover of players as well over last two years with only a few permanent ones. Maybe they could be a problem in the dressing room as some have suggested?

BestOfBrede

People forget that Magath's remit was to lower the age of the squad and hence youth players brought through to the first team. That's why a big turnover in playing staff.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Words and phrases, like 'toxic' and now 'lack of effort', seem to trend and be used without much evidence or reflection.

I don't see lack of effort (I was not at Brentford). I see too many individual mistakes, poor defensive organisation and disjointed play.

Part of this seems to me down to what turns out to be an unbalanced squad, partly through poor performances and partly through recruitment.

For example, most seem to agree that none of those recruited as full-backs have performed well enough so we have some of our many centre halves, most of whom have also been disappointing, playing as full-backs. We also have an abundance of midfielders, most of whom want to play in central midfield so again two are forced to play out wide where they are barely effective. When players are not playing in positions in which they feel most comfortable they often don't make the appropriate moves which lessens the options for the player with the ball or they don't take up the right defensive position.

As has been proved, four coaches have struggled to find a combination that works and improves over time.

I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!

I have probably been a little harsh calling the club 'toxic', however the club needs to come together now and do something. For the fans, players and owners, we should all be able to express our views in a way that helps everybody want to do much better for the club, starting now. Next season it's time to rejuvenate the squads confidence whilst getting some good players into the squad who can play the way that everyone, including the players themselves want them to play.

The first half of the Brentford game was really poor from everyone's perspective. I hope that Fulham can regrow from this 'nowhere' place and get up to the promised land. We already have strong links with a few players which seems quite encouraging to say the least so we can only improve from this point forward.
If you don't like surprises, don't support fulham!

HatterDon

I think when you take out personal feelings, bias, and amateur psychology, you finally come down to the same thing: A team made up of talented youngsters and seasoned veterans were, as a whole, miles short of the sum of their parts.

While it's nice to blame one or two players for defensive frailties, the fact is that there have been no changes made in tactics or style in defense. We still don't have anyone on the post on corners; we still seem unsure about man marking/zonal marking in all free kicks. We still don't defend from the front. Our midfielders don't work well with our defense. Our midfielders don't work well with our strikers.

You can blame Rigg, Khan, and any number of players, but our squad has failed because we don't have adequate coaching at Motspur Park. One player can't organize, can't blend, can't support. It's a team failure, and the failure isn't because of talent or spirit or lack of desire or anything "toxic." The failure lies with the coaching staff.

Remember Roy? When he took over we continued underperforming, but he was rebuilding the team all the while. We could see improvement gradually. When we got down to the short strokes, we defended strongly, we worked from the same page up and down the squad, and we had a visible belief. Roy achieved that in less time than Joka has been with us.

Whatever Joka has achieved, it hasn't been correcting the systemic problems we've had since long before KIT took over. As average as our squad might be, some decent damn coaching at Motspur Park would have taken us from our position to much higher in our league. We didn't get it.

That's MY take
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel