watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kavanagh returns early from his loan

Started by Lighthouse, May 04, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Mansfield Town have allowed young Fulham defender Shaun Kavanagh to return to his club early ahead of Saturday's final game at home to Cambridge United.

The Irish U21 international, who had played 25 times for the Cottagers, arrived on loan in January but struggled to make an impact

He looked lightweight at left back in his first game and, although he was tried on the left of midfield too, he found the competition too strong as he ended up with just two starts and coming on five times from the bench

"Kav has gone back this week as we didn't see him being involved in the final game, so there was no point in keeping him away from London," said manager Adam Murray.

"We thank him for his time here. Obviously it didn't work out as we'd planned in terms of the amount of game time he got.

"But part of that is because the lads performed really well at times and it was tough for him to get in.

"We thank Fulham for their help with that one and we move on."

Murray still has other loanees in Swansea right back Dan Alfei, Port Vale winger Junior Daniel, and Chesterfield striker Mani Dieseruvwe, and has yet to decide on their futures.

"We will speak to the other loan players this week," he said. "We've obviously got to touch base with their clubs before we can do anything.

"We will see where the club lies. We will see where the individual lies. Then we can plan a bit more from there."

Read more: http://www.chad.co.uk/sport/mansfield-town/mansfield-town-news/stags-let-loanee-kavanagh-leave-early-1-7892161#ixzz47hGpmNRd
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Max Headroom

Good left boot, but lightweight. If he can't make it at Mansfield, then how he was chosen to start at Fulham is beyond me.

Seems like a nice lad, but needs to bulk up somewhat if he is going to succeed

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

@jolslover

Dont rate Kav. Couldnt make Mansfields bench.
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

If that isn't enough proof for those that are a lot more patient than me, then I don't know what is. The lad will end up like Adam Green. A few appearances in the first team and then disappear off the face of the earth.

The mad thing about it is he was given a new contract. Unbelievable yet believable considering it is Fulham.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Id play him over ream and garbutt every day of the week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

I don't 'he couldn't make it at....' line is always used when a player doesn't play at a loan club. The reasons can be numerous why a player does not play at that club...loss of form, a better player in front, change of manager or just does not settle and work out.

Kavanagh has a decent left foot and yes he is lightweight and unlikely to make it at Fulham. But is highly thought of and to give him a long contract was the right thing to do. The manager at time liked him, and he was internationally recognsed and worth a gamble. It's not as if hes going to be on tens of those like a few players.
I feel for him a bit as Symons should never have played him as much as he did and fans won't give him any more chances. I hope he finds some form and a club and gets going again.

Luka

Quote from: fulhamben on May 04, 2016, 04:51:41 PM

And what does that tell you about Ream and Garbutt when Kavanagh cant even get into a Mansfield side !!

fulhamben

Quote from: Luka on May 04, 2016, 05:37:53 PM

And what does that tell you about Ream and Garbutt when Kavanagh cant even get into a Mansfield side !!

doesn't tell me anything, I already know that they are shhhhhhhhht

Frackleheath

Obviously come back to pick up his gear, before he goes!!!!!

Carborundum

So would I. He has pace, energy and most importantly a good positional sense.  He will gain bulk with age (don't we all?). I despair of his scapegoating, because we ended up having midfielders and defenders who flatter going forwards but don't think like a defender.  He's better than Garbutt.

Similarly, Pringle got given a hard time, but would scamper back in position with energy.  Made it harder for him to break forwards, but we conceded far fewer goals with him on the pitch.

Might not be these individuals, but these are surely the qualities we need to stop being a soft touch.

fulhamben

Quote from: Carborundum on May 04, 2016, 09:07:30 PM
So would I. He has pace, energy and most importantly a good positional sense.  He will gain bulk with age (don't we all?). I despair of his scapegoating, because we ended up having midfielders and defenders who flatter going forwards but don't think like a defender.  He's better than Garbutt.

Similarly, Pringle got given a hard time, but would scamper back in position with energy.  Made it harder for him to break forwards, but we conceded far fewer goals with him on the pitch.

Might not be these individuals, but these are surely the qualities we need to stop being a soft touch.
I wouldn't have pringle back though. Far too slow, and can't dribble to save his life.

davew

Let's completely start again with replacing this squad, the foundations are not even in place apart from Khan's money and wouldn't it be a big surprise if we find the FFP embargo isn't being lifted in the Summer! Such entrepreneurs didn't even predict we were in breach of the rules last year, Billy Smarts couldn't operate a better circus!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Barrett487

In my opinion..... I'm afraid that i have a negative perspective of our coaching staff. Kavanagh aside, look at the premium players that we have bought who, in our eyes, are sh*te. How can they all, to a man, be so bad for us when they were stars for their previous clubs? How can Pringle be good for Rotherham, sh*t for us and then do well at Ipswich?

Just saying

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 04, 2016, 11:19:02 PM
In my opinion..... I'm afraid that i have a negative perspective of our coaching staff. Kavanagh aside, look at the premium players that we have bought who, in our eyes, are sh*te. How can they all, to a man, be so bad for us when they were stars for their previous clubs? How can Pringle be good for Rotherham, sh*t for us and then do well at Ipswich?

Just saying
someone stated on another thread that pringle can't get near ipswich team at the moment. Just saying

Barrett487

Quote from: fulhamben on May 04, 2016, 11:24:59 PM

Just saying
someone stated on another thread that pringle can't get near ipswich team at the moment. Just saying
But he won them a couple of games soon after he joined them..... wish he'd done that for us.  I'm sure you're right tho, altho it was probably due to players returning from injury.

fulhamben

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 04, 2016, 11:32:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 04, 2016, 11:24:59 PM

Just saying
But he won them a couple of games soon after he joined them..... wish he'd done that for us.  I'm sure you're right tho, altho it was probably due to players returning from injury.
I here rangers are interested in him, so hopefully we get some money for him

Barrett487