watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who puts money on their own team?

Started by BalDrick, May 04, 2016, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

I'm sure fans of the usual favourites put plenty on but what has struck me as really odd about all these Leicester fans' bets coming off is the sheer number of people who have put money on it.

Do we imagine fans of all Prem clubs regularly stick a few quid on their own team to win the league? Obviously it's come off this time but it's so close to throwing money away, seems bizarre.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

I've never put money on us, and never will.

It's stressful enough watching us without having anything financial at stake!

jarv

Never on Fulham, kiss of death if I did it. I did bet on Scotland a few times, learnt my lesson, never on your own team.
fp.gif

Barrett487

Blanco

I've ocassionally bet on Fulham. Both to score nearly always comes in. Never bet on them to win anything though.

Berserker

I've bet on Fulham

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FFCAli

Quote from: Berserker on May 05, 2016, 10:55:05 AM
I've bet on Fulham

And????  Was it to win or what?  Did you win? 

Berserker

No I didn't win. Bet on Martin Jol to be first sacked in season he was sacked, but he didn't end up being the first.

Also bet 11/2 that we would be relegated as really thought that was going to happen, luckily we didn't, but if we did it was a hedge to pay for my season ticket in league 1. I did this after the Bristol City game as was so upset

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FFCAli

i can definitely understand the betting on relegation as a hedge.  Never done it myself but I've been tempted.

epsomraver

Put £10 on us first year in the prem to win title, with the team we had it was a good bet at 500/1

David Allen Crankshaw

I've put a bet on Fulham to win the league every season since our promotion to the Premier League. It cost me £40 this and I'll probably lose the same amount next season. I can only dream.

Neil D

I put £25 each way on FFC to be promoted in the season we ran away with the 1st division under Tigana - though 7/1 wasn't overly generous.  I always bet on us to win promotion - though never more than a tenner these days.  Sometimes, I ask myself 'why the hell should I care whether this shambles wins or not'.  The bet helps to keep me motivated when times are bad.  This year I also bet EW on McCormack to finish top scorer at 14/1.  Seemed a no-brainer to me.

BalDrick

Okay so some people do do it...learn something every day. TBH right now I'd be more likely to stick a few quid on us going down (except the odds will be dreadful), at least that way I may collect.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Dodgin

I have done £70 over the past two seasons on four bets winning the Championship and just getting promoted, best odds were 11-1 will probably do the same in August.

NorfolkJim

just think - If the team could always be counted on to lose the last game of the season, we could all go and bet our shirts on our opponents to win enough to have our season tickets paid for the following season.
082.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: BalDrick on May 05, 2016, 04:10:24 PM
Okay so some people do do it...learn something every day. TBH right now I'd be more likely to stick a few quid on us going down (except the odds will be dreadful), at least that way I may collect.

A true fan would never bet on his team to be relegated

Berserker

Yeah I'm probably not a true fan but I like supporting Fulham

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Blanco

Quote from: epsomraver on May 05, 2016, 07:51:03 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on May 05, 2016, 04:10:24 PM

A true fan would never bet on his team to be relegated

Only a sensible fan.

The Swan

I bet £10 on Fulham to beat Boro in our last home game of last season.
The odds were about 4/1.
I went through all emotions when we went 2-0 up then it went to 2-1, then 3-1 then 3-3.
Then when Boro had a corner in the last minute and their keeper went up for it I thought there goes my tenner.
Then Ross broke away to score the winner. I was over the moo with the win and with my £40
The Swan

HatterDon

betting on Fulham? Makes me think of tjl 3-1  9739.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel