more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: J.Perkins on June 30, 2016, 10:37:08 AM
I'll second that. He is goal scoring record in the PL isn't great, but he should be a more than decent championship forward.

Who?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 30, 2016, 11:16:52 AM
Quote from: J.Perkins on June 30, 2016, 10:37:08 AM
I'll second that. He is goal scoring record in the PL isn't great, but he should be a more than decent championship forward.

Who?

A thread has been merged in with the Silly Season thread. It always confuses me.

If you look back at the post you will see that it must have been posted as a new thread with the title "Steven Fletcher".

Hoppus

I am starting to get desperate for some good news.

VamosFFC

Not sure if this has been posted, but I just read on twitter that Pringle is close to signing with PNE. Not sure if there is any truth to it though.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: VamosFFC on June 30, 2016, 05:17:11 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but I just read on twitter that Pringle is close to signing with PNE. Not sure if there is any truth to it though.

If true I'd be happy. In terms of clearing out quickly you can't fault the club so far. Maybe we're seeing what's left before signing players.

Good luck to Pringle if true but I won't miss him
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mkras99

Pete O'Rourke
‏@SportsPeteO
Preston have agreed a deal to sign Fulham winger Ben Pringle. #pnefc #ffc

1:17 PM - 30 Jun 2016

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live
‏@TransferCentreL
Sheffield Wednesday have made a second bid for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.

3:05 PM - 30 Jun 2016

Jims Dentist

If Norwich get Fletcher, we could look at Cameron Jerome.
Has not done it in The Prem, but has always been a handful in The Champ, scoring goals along the way.
Also like the Murphy twin that was at MKD last season, though probably will be 1st team Norwich now.

HillingdonFFC

Meanwhile Jake Bidwell set to leave Brentford for QPR for a paltry £1.3 million. Not as if we've been crying out for a decent left back is it?

ToodlesMcToot

I'm sure that we are working to make things happen for the club but, all this time without anything but a cryptic tweet from SJ makes for a pretty mind-numbing transfer window.

You'd like to have a fairly distinct impression that we are approaching this window differently than we have in past failed seasons. I know there were successful seasons in which we behaved very similarly but, those are so far gone now it's difficult to regenerate the good feeling.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 30, 2016, 09:16:15 PM
I'm sure that we are working to make things happen for the club but, all this time without anything but a cryptic tweet from SJ makes for a pretty mind-numbing transfer window.

You'd like to have a fairly distinct impression that we are approaching this window differently than we have in past failed seasons. I know there were successful seasons in which we behaved very similarly but, those are so far gone now it's difficult to regenerate the good feeling.
I actually wish he hadn't tweets anything, it just gets people scow ting something, the if nothing happens for what ever reason people start bashing the negative comments. Transfers fail for a number of reasons not all of them are FFC's fault. I am not saying anyone has said that just saying it's frustrating, I as much as anyone want new players through the door. However I fear as much as SK has said SJ will havefunds that we will be hampered massively by the Ridiculous FFP rules, will others more them or continue not to pay what they owe
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on June 30, 2016, 11:03:21 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 30, 2016, 09:16:15 PM

I actually wish he hadn't tweets anything, it just gets people scow ting something, the if nothing happens for what ever reason people start bashing the negative comments. Transfers fail for a number of reasons not all of them are FFC's fault. I am not saying anyone has said that just saying it's frustrating, I as much as anyone want new players through the door. However I fear as much as SK has said SJ will havefunds that we will be hampered massively by the Ridiculous FFP rules, will others more them or continue not to pay what they owe

I'm just longing for a sense that something positive and proactive is happening.....nothing more. Honestly, I don't need anyone from the club telling me that promotion or playoffs is the target for this season. For all the change over in the roster, it's overly optimistic to expect that they'll get enough signings right to make that expectation realistic. I'd love for it to happen, mind you. I just think that an improved showing in the league while adding obvious pieces to build upon is a far better goal than "shooting for the moon".

To me, the club need to show faith in SJ (if he winds up deserving that), sign him long term, and allow him to build something successful.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Agree Toodles, they need to show faith in SJ or whoever the manager is, something we haven't done since we rid our selves of Jol, although mad Maggie had to go
Every day is a Fulham day

TWFL

A lad on twitter claiming that Floyd Ayite, winger from SC Bastia, has passed his medical at the club.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: TWFL on July 01, 2016, 08:31:21 AM
A lad on twitter claiming that Floyd Ayite, winger from SC Bastia, has passed his medical at the club.

Linked with a €2m move to Nottingham Forest
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Also guys, be patient.

The next 2 weeks will be pivotal.

It's now July 1st so it's official free agent day, so expect deals to be completed in the next fortnight.

Also the clear out is going well.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

TWFL

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 01, 2016, 08:53:16 AM

Linked with a €2m move to Nottingham Forest
Yeah seen that. Not sure where this guy has got the info from as only can see a couple of links dating back to the start of June with us. Big pinch of salt needed with that one.

Hoppus

Link?

snarks

Wouldn't mind Darren Randolph, who West Ham have said can go, he wants more first team football following his GK exploits at the Euros. Valued at £3 million.