watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tigana and Horsefield

Started by cheerupjimmyhill, May 04, 2016, 11:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheerupjimmyhill

I was thinking earlier about when the first thing Tigana did was get rid of the horse, a big decision at the time.

I remember being disappointed but also excited by what seemed to be a potential revolution taking place. Anyway one game in and we could all see why the decision was made not only because of Saha but also the way we played our football.

As I say it was a big decision to get rid of a hero at the time and I'm sure many would have been dead against it.

Barrett487

Quote from: cheerupjimmyhill on May 04, 2016, 11:33:07 PM
I was thinking earlier about when the first thing Tigana did was get rid of the horse, a big decision at the time.

I remember being disappointed but also excited by what seemed to be a potential revolution taking place. Anyway one game in and we could all see why the decision was made not only because of Saha but also the way we played our football.

As I say it was a big decision to get rid of a hero at the time and I'm sure many would have been dead against it.

I was sad to see the Horse go, thought it was ill-reward for his efforts, but soon revelled in the Saha spectacle. Call me fickle if you like.

fulhamben

Wasn't he the reason that cookie ended up in a car crash?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

You could say it was  Horses for courses. But then again. 094.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

The Saha spectacular was great when he wasn't injured but he was slightly prone to picking up knocks and muscle injuries.  The Horse on the other hand would run through brick walls for us.  Each had his virtues and I remember both with respect. 

PS I have forgotten where Geoff Horsefield's career took him to after Fulham, anyone remind me?

Holders

I think it was as much to do with burgers and fags as anything.

Oh for the Tigana team now, I don't think we'll ever see the like again.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Rumour had it at the time (prior to the car crash I believe) was that Horse was all over Cookies wife, nothing ever substantial though.

He went to Birmingham from us I believe.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Similar to the Goma rumour, then (allegedly).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Indeed, all go back then lol
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamfan

Geoff Horsfield is my favourite Fulham player of all time

EJL

I have a feeling we may see a similar thing done with McCormack. He's easily one of the best players in the division, but Jokanovic may look at him and decide it's not possible to defend from the front. Think back to Jokanovic's Watford side: Deeney, Vydra and Ighalo were absolute workhorses.

Andy S

I'm not sure that Tigana's side would do as well now as teams are all a lot fitter now and all on special diets etc