watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got bac

Started by Peabody, May 07, 2016, 04:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

With the hint of a smile on my face. Would like to say that I was impressed with the Bolton fans, who, even though they have had a worse season than us, gave everyone a lesson in supporting their team, they sang throughout, Also, the Fulham fans who gave Emil Hesky around of applause when he went off.

As for the game, well we dominated, won and got a clean sheet. Thouught it was quite entertaining.

HV71

Yes they were brilliant - they never stopped singing and were a cheerful bunch as well. It was good to see our own clap Hesky off - a bit of class from us.

filham

Understandably there were not a lot of Bolton fans at the match but those that made the journey did their club proud and fully deserve a mention on this board as well as a quick return to the championship,

dannyboi-ffc

Bolton fans definitely deserve a mention. Brilliant support but when the dust has settled and your fate has been sealed for weeks it makes it easier to sing all game and have a no care in the world attitude.

Our support was the same against Palace when we were already relegated. The players got clapped off.

It felt like a friendly today,  we deserved the win but I hope it's the last time I see 85% of that squad in a Fulham shirt. They just aren't good enough.

Why did we clap Heskey? It was nice to see the respect and appreciation for a top pro who has never been in the papers for the bad reasons but took a lot of criticism as a player. Unfair criticism imo. Was it his last game before he retires or something?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Tonywa

Thought it was pretty tedious, because it just didn't matter.  We were way, way better than Bolton without being more than average, but if we had had a proper striker up front to play alongside Ross we might have score several more.  For as long as he is at the Cottage never again let me see posts saying that Smith deserves more game time.  I thought he was abysmal. Missed several relatively easy chances and seemed incapable of controlling the ball or even winning in the air for much of the game. He might just about do in the bottom two divisions, but at Championship level he is just a liability.

Peabody

Pity we lost Fred so early, short time he was on, he was tearing their defence to pieces.

alfie

Quote from: Tonywa on May 07, 2016, 06:02:19 PM
Thought it was pretty tedious, because it just didn't matter.  We were way, way better than Bolton without being more than average, but if we had had a proper striker up front to play alongside Ross we might have score several more.  For as long as he is at the Cottage never again let me see posts saying that Smith deserves more game time.  I thought he was abysmal. Missed several relatively easy chances and seemed incapable of controlling the ball or even winning in the air for much of the game. He might just about do in the bottom two divisions, but at Championship level he is just a liability.
sorry this so annoys me, last game of the season nothing to get excited about, we won, we kept a clean sheet, and yet you just slag off one of our players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Was there any 79th minute protest?

Peabody

ffccaz

Quote from: Peabody on May 07, 2016, 06:14:56 PM
Pity we lost Fred so early, short time he was on, he was tearing their defence to pieces.
:plus one:

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on May 07, 2016, 06:26:45 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on May 07, 2016, 06:02:19 PM
sorry this so annoys me, last game of the season nothing to get excited about, we won, we kept a clean sheet, and yet you just slag off one of our players.

A player such as Smith deserves a bit of respect but some people just seem to enjoy slagging players off.

Personally, Smith is in my category of not good enough for a successful team but I know he will always give his best and sometimes his best will be good enough.

So easy to be negative without offering an alternative view but that's the nature of this kinda forum.

Mince n Tatties

I thought Hutch followed up his good
performance at Ipswich  with another steady
display.
Kept it  simple. ..

bog

I have always liked Emile Heskey. Not a nasty bone in his body. I knew a chap who was his teacher when at school. Emile He was not interested in any class work but he was unstoppable on the football pitch. Cannot recall he doing anything nasty on the pitch.  :Haynes The Maestro:

092.gif

copthornemike

Like the OP I left with a smile on my face.

Thought the team played positive attacking football and with a bit of luck could / should have scored a hatful.

Players such as Parker, McCormack, Burns and Smith put in a shift and Cairney seemed to get a bit o his old spark back. Shame that Fredericks came off injured - the Bolton defence found it dificult to deal with his pace.

And well done to the Bolton fans - I hope they come straight up next season!

Yes - a very disappointing season but we have lived to fight another day.

Carborundum

Enjoyable game today.  The players tried hard and got their rewards.  Thought Hutchinson played well.  Cairney revelled in the space and Hyndman was too good for a tiring Bolton. 

The double save made by Ben Amos was amongst the very best I can recall.

Was certainly a notch down on the usual intensity of a Championship match, but it wasn't deckchairs in the centre circle either.

Season ticket sales should be alright.  Plenty of "see you in August" in our area of the JH stand.

Andy S

The match stats say it all really

HatterDon

Quote from: Carborundum on May 07, 2016, 10:02:33 PM
Enjoyable game today.  The players tried hard and got their rewards.  Thought Hutchinson played well.  Cairney revelled in the space and Hyndman was too good for a tiring Bolton. 

The double save made by Ben Amos was amongst the very best I can recall.

Was certainly a notch down on the usual intensity of a Championship match, but it wasn't deckchairs in the centre circle either.

Season ticket sales should be alright. Plenty of "see you in August" in our area of the JH stand.

So good to read this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clarkey

I find it hard to believe some of these posts. Fulham were awful and thank goodness we played Bolton who were simply terrible. Smith was really low class today, the whole team were under motivated and Hutchison should not be anywhere near that team, his performances show over the last 18 months that he is a liability.The Bolton fans were excellent, our fans are still in a state of shock. The selection yesterday and the lack of drive or purpose over the last few months shows that we have the wrong coach, the wrong club structure and some really poor management.
For someone to suggest we can't criticise players without offering a viable alternative is laughable. It is our prerogative.The whole point is the alternative is a good clean sweep out of Rigg,etc and start afresh building in the same way Roy did, and Leicester have demonstrated.Let's see what happens.

AnEssexFan

Enjoyed today's game.

That had to be the best performance Fredericks has put in this season, despite it being just 15 minutes, Bolton couldn't handle him.

I thought it was a lovely gesture towards heskey, it showed what people think of a good honest pro.
@leightonrw07

Peabody

Quote from: clarkey on May 08, 2016, 06:34:45 AM
I find it hard to believe some of these posts. Fulham were awful and thank goodness we played Bolton who were simply terrible. Smith was really low class today, the whole team were under motivated and Hutchison should not be anywhere near that team, his performances show over the last 18 months that he is a liability.The Bolton fans were excellent, our fans are still in a state of shock. The selection yesterday and the lack of drive or purpose over the last few months shows that we have the wrong coach, the wrong club structure and some really poor management.
For someone to suggest we can't criticise players without offering a viable alternative is laughable. It is our prerogative.The whole point is the alternative is a good clean sweep out of Rigg,etc and start afresh building in the same way Roy did, and Leicester have demonstrated.Let's see what happens.

Just shows how OPINIONS can vary, does it not?