watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BREXIT impact on Fulham

Started by Snibbo, June 24, 2016, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

So will this make it harder in the future for European players (like Madl, Dembele, Amorebietta etc.) and managers (like Jokanovic) to get work permits in the UK?

Rhys Lightning 63

Any Fulham fan that voted for leave, when Jokanovic gets deported and we have to start ANOTHER manager search, that's on YOU
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Twig

Frankly, right now this is the last thing I'm worried about. Disaster.

Mince n Tatties

Best thing ever to happen to this country.
Cant believe the Bookies got it wrong,they were going 1/10 remain
and 5/1leave yesterday lunchtime. :wine:  :wine:  :wine:  :drums:  :yay:

JHaynes Paperboy

:plus one:
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 24, 2016, 07:19:00 AM
Best thing ever to happen to this country.
Cant believe the Bookies got it wrong,they were going 1/10 remain
and 5/1leave yesterday lunchtime. :wine:  :wine:  :wine:  :drums:  :yay:

:plus one: 082.gif :beer:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 24, 2016, 07:09:56 AM
Any Fulham fan that voted for leave, when Jokanovic gets deported and we have to start ANOTHER manager search, that's on YOU

And if that's the only concern you have in your life then I'm very jealous of how stress free it must be for you.

Someone answer the op's question so that I can lock this as it's bound to get political. It's a fair question so I think the op deserves an appropriate response
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

I dont think it will make it harder,if it does it will only
benefit players coming through the ranks at clubs here who are
held back by too many average players from Europe..

Bassey the warrior

I voted remain, so I share your anger. However Jokanovic is Serbian and Serbia isn't in the EU, so it won't affect him.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: The Moose on June 24, 2016, 07:36:45 AM

I voted remain, so I share your anger. However Jokanovic is Serbian and Serbia isn't in the EU, so it won't affect him.

I worked 15 hours in a polling station, only had 5 hours sleep the night before, and 6 hours tonight. My brain isn't working 100%. Just switch it with a correct answer... Lasse Vigen Christensen... yeah him, I think, Denmark are in it aren't they?

dannyboi-ffc

Snibbo do you think it could actually enhance the English game? Surely if it means less foreign players coming through especially the likes of Matilla on the cheap it means players like George Williams wouldn't go out on loan to Gillingham and MK Dons, he will get a chance with us instead.

It's a gamble that most clubs don't risk as it's easier to loan them out and find an experienced Player for peanuts on the continent.  Not that I am too fussed about the national team but I think it could mean the manager has a bigger pool to select from going forward and more importantly I think it's important to remember our history and appreciate just how much British talent has done for us.

Going forward I don't see it being a bad problem to face but I'm not an expert.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Snibbo

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 24, 2016, 07:38:54 AM
Quote from: The Moose on June 24, 2016, 07:36:45 AM

I worked 15 hours in a polling station, only had 5 hours sleep the night before, and 6 hours tonight. My brain isn't working 100%. Just switch it with a correct answer... Lasse Vigen Christensen... yeah him, I think, Denmark are in it aren't they?

Good point re SJ

Or the likes of Jol (yes I know), Tigana, Magath (again, yes I know).

RaySmith

Many might be less able to afford to go to games if there is a recession.

Fulham's finances could be generally affected.

Not able to get cheap European players, and  British players' price goes up- possibly.

Blanco

I'm so happy the UK voted out!!! Didn't realistically believe for a second it would happen.

One James stannard

Southdowns White

As long as whichever government is in power (and it really doesn't matter as long as it's not a far right outfit) is making money out of it nothing will change, and as we know there is a hell of a lot of money in Football and loads of lovely TAX to be drained off by the powers that be from every payment made.

Riverside

Without being political lets play with the one fact we have . The pound is weaker and will remain weaker

A lower pound means that we will need to pay more pounds to buy and pay any foreign player ( whether from EU or not )
On the other had the debt in US$ will be less for Khan . Sadly though with FFP he cannot put more money in .

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Snibbo on June 24, 2016, 06:55:37 AM
So will this make it harder in the future for European players (like Madl, Dembele, Amorebietta etc.) and managers (like Jokanovic) to get work permits in the UK?

It will take several months, probably a year for the new policies to be put in place and there will be no effect on Europeans working in the UK until then.

Even at that point, Europeans working in the UK will be safe and may at worst have to apply for a Visa. They are rarely a problem for anyone in employment. The issues with applying for a Visa tend to surround those with no job, or no-where to live.

So, in essence ... no real effect.

Rhys Lightning 63

I'll say this. If the rules we will be under, were in place a few years ago. Dembele, LVC, Minkwitz, Joronen etc would have not been allowed to join. So our academy is going to take a hit

Bronaldinho

Let the dust settle, the media will in it's honeymoon period for the next few weeks about this result.

Let's judge it when and reflect in few years time.

Plus, they'll hardly suddenly deport all the Non english players and managers...

Let's not have an EU discussion on this board please :(

I come on here for an escape from my news feeds on networks being flooded.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Friendsoffulham

Please keep this thread purely based on the impact Brexit will have on Fulham FC. If any political debates are started, this thread will be locked.