watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seriously though

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 27, 2016, 08:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

How many of these Icelandic players should we be looking at signing?

I reckon we could get the lot for about £11m (barring the ones already in England)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

westcliff white

They play well as a collective, doesn't meant they play well on their own away from the national side, England team obviously play the opposite way
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

They play as a team - and that's what England sadly lack.

Hoppus

I am sure some of them would do well in Fulham. Birkir Bjarnson would be great.

ScalleysDad

You can't coach heart and soul though and if any players with those magic qualities ever turned up JK would still crucify them in press conferences because he failed to coach something simple like defending a corner. I wish all the underdogs well and the Icelandic fans have a fantastic spine curdling chant so go and get the French with all that heart and soul.

terryr

sign their back 4 and midfield

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on June 27, 2016, 08:58:24 PM
They play well as a collective, doesn't meant they play well on their own away from the national side, England team obviously play the opposite way

Haha so buy the team!

Horsfield_No9

When we tried this trick with buying Northern Ireland it didn't work for us.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Legate21

Whilst I was in France I went to the Iceland vs Portugal game and met the girlfriend of Hordur Magnusson, one of the Iceland subsitutes (He is yet to feature), he is a Central Defender/Left Back on Juventus' books, and has spent the last couple of seasons on loan in Italy. She was lovely, very happy to talk, and said that its very likely he will be moving to England this summer, and that QPR and Bristol City were possible destinations. I told her that Fulham were in the market for a defender, tried to sell us as best I could and to let his agent know.

filham

Be careful, one of their players plays for relegated Charlton but is unable to make the first team.
Perhaps we should consider a bid for one or twoof the England players , their value must be at rock bottom. right now.

@jolslover

We should look at signing Gudmundsson from Charlton
STH H3

Dirk Lehmann

Quote from: filham on June 29, 2016, 12:28:27 PM
Be careful, one of their players plays for relegated Charlton but is unable to make the first team.
Perhaps we should consider a bid for one or twoof the England players , their value must be at rock bottom. right now.

Gudmundsson at Charlton? He's their best player.

terryr

Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on June 29, 2016, 01:44:56 PM

Gudmundsson at Charlton? The fact they won't play him says everything you need to know about what's wrong with English football. He seemed to make our brightest and best look pretty ordinary.
At a fraction of the wage bill.
A tiny fraction.
Maybe paying millions to spoiled wag funding egomaniacs isn't the path to dominance in world football we thought it was.
Maybe the wrong people are playing?
Maybe what we value is all wrong?
Individual selfish mercenaries don't build a team with any true passion.
Just sayin...........or maybe I'm wrong and the past week was simply a bad dream.

Holders

Quote from: TerryR on June 29, 2016, 06:26:55 PM
Quote from: Dirk Lehmann on June 29, 2016, 01:44:56 PM

Gudmundsson at Charlton? The fact they won't play him says everything you need to know about what's wrong with English football. He seemed to make our brightest and best look pretty ordinary.
At a fraction of the wage bill.
A tiny fraction.
Maybe paying millions to spoiled wag funding egomaniacs isn't the path to dominance in world football we thought it was.
Maybe the wrong people are playing?
Maybe what we value is all wrong?
Individual selfish mercenaries don't build a team with any true passion.
Just sayin...........or maybe I'm wrong and the past week was simply a bad dream.

I hope the past week was just a bad dream but I fear it wasn't.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Statto on June 29, 2016, 06:50:13 PM
With all due respect to Iceland, that debacle on Monday was not a consequence of them being good.

It was a consequence of England being bloody awful. So awful it was like watching Fulham.

In these situations people always rush to give credit and respect to the plucky underdog but if they'd been playing Germany they'd have been thrashed 4-0.

Iceland aren't bad. They aren't favorites by any means, but crediting that all to England being awful is pretty disrespectful to Iceland.

Mitch

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 29, 2016, 07:42:16 PM
With all due respect to Iceland, that debacle on Monday was not a consequence of them being good.

It was a consequence of England being bloody awful. So awful it was like watching Fulham.

In these situations people always rush to give credit and respect to the plucky underdog but if they'd been playing Germany they'd have been thrashed 4-0.

Iceland aren't bad. They aren't favorites by any means, but crediting that all to England being awful is pretty disrespectful to Iceland.

I see what you're saying here, but having re-watched the highlights, this truly was more of an abject England being put to bed, rather than a great Iceland performance. They'll go out next round.

Rhys Lightning 63

I hereby withdraw my question
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

valdeingruo

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 03, 2016, 09:05:04 PM
I hereby withdraw my question

I dont think that todays result should discredit what Iceland have done this tournament. Even going down that much, they still got forward trying to score. If our players did that, then we would admire them more. Too often we have had 2 put past us and you could reliably leave the ground, turn of the TV or GJ, they simply werent going to score. Iceland have shown heart and passion, something refreshing from this tournament.

This tournament has been about team mentality. Smaller unfancied teams have made it further than their cultured opponents simply on unit cohesion and belief. We need to show that, if we dont, there isnt a chance of us even cracking the top ten.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Mitch

Quote from: Mitch on June 30, 2016, 09:22:45 AM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on June 29, 2016, 07:42:16 PM

I see what you're saying here, but having re-watched the highlights, this truly was more of an abject England being put to bed, rather than a great Iceland performance. They'll go out next round.

I think that is that settled.