https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy has resigned

Started by The Swan, June 27, 2016, 10:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

The Swan

Snibbo

Shame.  A lot of the blame should be on the shoulders of the disgraceful players.

But Roy's  level is really Fulham,  WBA. Any time he reaches higher it ends in tears

HatterDon

Didn't drop a single point in the qualifiers; something happened.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bobby01

A sad end Roy, I love you to bits for what you did for us, but as soon as I saw the team with Sterling and Sturridge starting I knew we were out. Neither can control a ball and continually turn over possession, Kane has been a shadow of the player he has been all season. The only one who looked like a good player last night was Rashfords little cameo, how sad is that. As for Rooney, never should have gone, you bowed down to media pressure. I really wish you well Roy but what a horrible end for a noble man. But then that is the life of an England manager I suppose.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FishaPrice

RaySmith

Our  players flatter to deceive - they look good in the Prem surrounded by foreign players, but on their own they look very average.

I don't watch the Prem , so I was looking forward to seeing the likes of Kane - and he looked  like a man playing in diving boots - so slow and inept. Other 'top' players  looked lacking in confidence and experience and ability to  cope with expectations, and unable to do even the most simple things effectively.

We just didn't look a team, while Iceland certainly did, and were world beaters in comparison.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: FishaPrice on June 28, 2016, 06:50:25 AM
sign him up
I think the BBC is the most likely organisation to sign him.

Oakeshott

I think yesterday was another example of what we have seen frequently at Fulham - players selected that, as fans/viewers, we would prefer not selected.

Roy seemed, for example, to prefer Kane to Vardy, yet to me V seemed sharper whenever the two were on the pitch. But Roy sees the players in training and it is difficult for any of us realistically to believe we are actually better judges of a player than Roy, or of course J in the case of our club.

Similarly with the late introduction of Rashford. It seemed so clear with half an hour to go that we needed to change something, with Kane looking, as another poster has said, as though he was playing with lead in his boots. Rashford is very young but seems full of confidence and keen to try to beat people rather than pass backwards all the time. Why leave it so late? Roy obviously had his reasons, but it is bemusing.

All very strange and disappointing.

But at least (as far as we know) Roy wasn't having an affair with one of the FA secretaries and hasn't a history of questionable dealing/appearances in court, and always conducted himself with good grace. A very decent man but, at the end of the day, not able to deliver at national level.

The Swan

As one poster said on this message we will be forever grateful to Roy for the time he spent at Fulham and what he did for us.

Apart from Liverpool his level is club management. Good luck to Roy.

One thing , when he was our manager he sorted out our defence, why could he not sort out the England defence.
The Swan

jarv

Mr Swan, the answer is simple, not enough time to train the defenders into his methods I think.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: jarv on June 28, 2016, 01:26:24 PM
Mr Swan, the answer is simple, not enough time to train the defenders into his methods I think.

Spot on Danny Murphy was quoted as saying something along the lines as they did weeks and weeks of defensive shape training, usually without a ball.

The England manager job is more of a baby sitter role imo 
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

grandad

The sooner players who would play for their country for pride only & are currently on form are selected the better. Reputations count for nothing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: bobby01 on June 28, 2016, 05:37:39 AM
A sad end Roy, I love you to bits for what you did for us, but as soon as I saw the team with Sterling and Sturridge starting I knew we were out. Neither can control a ball and continually turn over possession, Kane has been a shadow of the player he has been all season. The only one who looked like a good player last night was Rashfords little cameo, how sad is that. As for Rooney, never should have gone, you bowed down to media pressure. I really wish you well Roy but what a horrible end for a noble man. But then that is the life of an England manager I suppose.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Burt

It's a shame, but not unexpected given how poor England were during this tournament. I am glad he went on his own terms and with a certain amount of dignity, rather than being fired by the suits at the FA.

I do think England have the makings of a good team. At an individual level there is some exciting talent in there e.g. Vardy, Rashford, etc. It's just that when you put them all together they are not clicking as a team, there is no on-field leadership when things need sorting out, and once again we have proven to be tactically inept.

I am not sure what the answer is. I just hope the FA don't think it is Harry Redknapp.

The Swan

Please no not Harry Redc;;;.

Eddie Howe could be ready soon.
The Swan

mikestrand

I'd have Roy back at the club in some capacity, maybe as director of Football.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Ah yes
Poor old Roy
Once again the over 65's being blamed for leaving Europe!

RaySmith

Quote from: mikestrand on June 28, 2016, 09:53:33 PM

I think Roy could still do a good job as manager for us- managing a team like Fulham is where his  strength lies, and I don't  think he's past it. Get Ray Lew back too.

Snibbo

Quote from: RaySmith on June 29, 2016, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: mikestrand on June 28, 2016, 09:53:33 PM

I think Roy could still do a good job as manager for us- managing a team like Fulham is where his  strength lies, and I don't  think he's past it. Get Ray Lew back too.
Managing a team like Fulham used to be, is his strength i.e. mid-table Prem. Not so sure he'd fit the Championship strugglers we are now though.

Buffalo76

Gareth Southgate ( even as interim)??? God help us  fp.gif
That's it and that's all.