News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

STRIKER HAILED AS NEXT THIERRY HENRY JETS INTO GLASGOW TO UNDERGO CELTIC MEDICAL

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 28, 2016, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

STRIKER HAILED AS NEXT THIERRY HENRY JETS INTO GLASGOW TO UNDERGO CELTIC MEDICAL – SOURCES

By Editor Wayne Veysey | Former Evening Standard, Press Association and Goal chief correspondent with 17 years experience of breaking big stories, including exclusives like this

Moussa Dembele has arrived in Glasgow to finalise a sensational transfer to Celtic, Football Insider sources understand.
The Fulham sensation will undergo a medical and put pen to paper on a shock switch to the Scottish giants.

Celtic have been able to secure the France Under-20 international for compensation fee of just £250,000 as his Fulham contract expires at the end of the month.

The signing of Dembele is manager Brendan Rodgers' first for the club and represents a huge coup as some of Europe's biggest clubs have been monitoring the youngster.

The 19-year-old was hailed as the next Thierry Henry when he joined Fulham from Paris Saint-Germain in 2012 initially on a three-year contract. The deal was extended by a further 12 months last summer when both parties decided to trigger the option of a 12-month extension.

Dembele had a medical at Tottenham in the January transfer window but the deal collapsed and he returned to west London.

Football Insider revealed in February that Dembele had rejected a contract offer from Fulham that would have quadrupled his wages.

Tottenham were thought to be keen on a return for Dembele once his contract expires at the end of the month, but there has yet to be a fresh approach from Spurs for the striker.

Fulham will now only recoup the £250,000 fee they paid for the Frenchman due to Fifa rules for players moving overseas as opposed to staying in England.

In other Celtic news, the Scottish giants have been told to increase their offer for a key Premier League target.

jarv

What??? Is this the Fulham marketing group trying to raise the price? Good luck to them. Next Henry? Having a laugh surely, a bit too early for that claim. Personally, bad move I think for Moussa although last season Celtic's top scorer got about 40 and he is crap for Scotland on occasions Strachan picks him. Moussa should enjoy banging in tons I suppose.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: jarv on June 28, 2016, 01:41:01 PM
What??? Is this the Fulham marketing group trying to raise the price? Good luck to them. Next Henry? Having a laugh surely, a bit too early for that claim. Personally, bad move I think for Moussa although last season Celtic's top scorer got about 40 and he is crap for Scotland on occasions Strachan picks him. Moussa should enjoy banging in tons I suppose.
I disagree, he should sign a two year with a reasonable buy out clause. Build a little reputation for himself and get some CL football under his belt. Then move up, if he went anywhere bigger he wouldn't get guaranteed First team action.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Fulham76

Strange move for his career, if true, and probably confirms that he's simply interested in more money!

The Scottish premier league is probably only on par with English League 1, so no idea why he'd want to drop a level in class if he & his people truly believe he's that good.

I know in normal life/jobs most people would be happy to reduce their workload for much more money but in football, with it being such a short career, I can't understand why players don't want to be the best they can be, especially if he's the new Henry, that won't happen at Celtic.

Lighthouse

I am a young ambitious striker. But want to play in Scotland in a one club league. Play a few games in Europe and then what? Playing for Celtic always seems just a paid holiday.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Allestree andy

so does this mean that we will be going for dwight gayle, would have him in a heartbeat, him and ross would be a very good combination in the championship both have lots of goals in them
To the limit and beyond

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on June 28, 2016, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: jarv on June 28, 2016, 01:41:01 PM
I disagree, he should sign a two year with a reasonable buy out clause. Build a little reputation for himself and get some CL football under his belt. Then move up, if he went anywhere bigger he wouldn't get guaranteed First team action.

Another helping of crap news for us. Happy effing Tuesday.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Texas White

:dead horse:

It's all about the money.... Anyone who thinks its not is deluded

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

sunburywhite

no way is he the next Thierry Henry

Not while I have a hole in my sock
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham76

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2016, 05:52:49 PM
It's signed sealed and delivered now

Unsurprisingly nothing on the official board yet but just seen it confirmed on Sky Sports.

Terrible move for his 'Henry' type career but at least we can move on now.

filham

Bad news for us as we get next to nothing in a transfer fee but I suppose it is another one off the wages bill and makes way for a new man who wants to play for us.

Better that he moved now than right at the end of the window.

Horsfield_No9

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

EJL

If Dembele is as good as some of us think he is, then he'll be in the Premier League next summer. Celtic has been a good proving ground for players like van Dijk and Wanyama, and Pat Roberts looks to be making the most of his time in Scotland. Rodgers will be a good manager for him and he'll gain experience playing for a big team in front of a big crowd.

SP

Surprised none of the bigger clubs rumoured to be interested didn't take a chance on him.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: SP on June 28, 2016, 06:56:06 PM
Surprised none of the bigger clubs rumoured to be interested didn't take a chance on him.

Because he isn't that good, if he was he would of gone to Spuds.New Henry my arse.

BestOfBrede

We gave him his chance and he shows his appreciation by crapping on us!
Typical

westcliff white

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on June 28, 2016, 07:05:49 PM

Because he isn't that good, if he was he would of gone to Spuds.New Henry my arse.

We stopped that deal in January so we could keep him for the rest of the season as they wouldn't loan him back. He repaid that with some vital goals for us
Every day is a Fulham day

Ron91

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2016, 07:54:01 PM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on June 28, 2016, 07:05:49 PM

We stopped that deal in January so we could keep him for the rest of the season as they wouldn't loan him back. He repaid that with some vital goals for us

:plus one:

Artful Dodger

I know he scored 17 goals last season but for some reason I can't quite rate him that highly so not overly disappointed. I think his all round game lacks a bit and he needs a few chances to score one but good luck to him and I hope he does well for them.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae