Main Menu

DAVIES SIGNS NEW DEAL - OFFICIAL!!!!!!!

Started by os5889, August 16, 2010, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Simon Davies Signs New Contract
Monday 16th August 2010
Fulham FC News in association with

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that midfielder Simon Davies has signed a new contract with the Club – keeping the player at Craven Cottage until at least the summer of 2013.

Davies has been a key member of the Fulham squad since joining the Whites from Everton in January 2006.

He was named Player of the Year for the 2007/08 season and most recently scored the pivotal goal in Fulham's comeback victory over Hamburg in the UEFA Europa League semi-final at Craven Cottage. He then went on to net Fulham's equaliser against Atletico Madrid in the Final.

Speaking from Fulham's Motspur Park training ground early on Monday evening, Davies was delighted to have put pen to paper:

"It's great now that it's finally done," he told fulhamfc.com. "We've been talking for a few months. I've loved my time here and it's been great the last few years. I'm just excited for the future and hopefully I'll finish my career here."

Davies is hopeful that he will be the first of many players committing their future to the Club.

"There are a few of us in the same boat," he explained. "We've done well over the last couple of years and a few of us are in our last year so when a new manager comes in, you can be a bit unsure of how it's going to go.

"But for me to get my future sorted out is great and hopefully a few of the other lads will get sorted soon and we can carry on playing together. We've obviously got a good relationship as team-mates and I'm sure the Manger would like to add to that and hopefully make us even stronger.

"You can never guarantee when you sign new players how they'll fit in - but it helps them blend in when you've got that core nucleus of a squad. Hopefully the people that the Manager brings in will strengthen us as a group and take us on to the next level."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/August/DaviesNewContract.aspx#ixzz0wnPlXLla

White Noise

Brilliant news!

Pleased to see it is a good long contract as well. He will finish his career with Fulham now by the looks of it as he will be almost 34.

The epitome of all that is good about Fulham. A charming and decent chap who is classy on and off the field, skillful and entertaining he embodies something of the old Corinthian spirit. He even looks like he should have played in an earlier era.

Our second longest serving player having signed on 24th January 2007 (thanks Cookie!) two week after Clint. They have both played about the same number of games, over the 100 mark, but about a quarter of Clints have been as sub where as Simon almost always starts.

For his Player of the Year season, his Europa League brilliance and some sublimely wonderful goals and play he is a part of Fulham we need to cherish.

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

os5889

and he's from my town in Pembrokeshire

:54:

HatterDon

I love the Super Taffy. I'm even glad he retired from international football. I think that the extra rest will give him a longer career. Am I the only one who thinks that, beginning next season, he'll be our best right back in years? He has the defensive chops already, and I can't think of anyone better to overlap up the right wing.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

A three year contract at his age seems a tad generous to be honest, great player, but surely a two year contract would have made more sense. The Taffia strike again.

Chopper

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 16, 2010, 10:56:22 PM
A three year contract at his age seems a tad generous to be honest, great player, but surely a two year contract would have made more sense. The Taffia strike again.

He totally deserves it. Done very well for us even when he's not been fully fit.

Scored the goal that took us to the Europa final.

Scored the goal that gave us hope in that final.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Lighthouse

Good grief a player who actually wants to stay. Thank goodness for that. Thanks Simon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

richardhkirkando

Quote from: HatterDon on August 16, 2010, 10:42:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that, beginning next season, he'll be our best right back in years? He has the defensive chops already, and I can't think of anyone better to overlap up the right wing.
I was thinking the same thing.  He's gotten to be very good defensively, and his statistical profile last season actually looked a lot more like a fullback than a midfielder.

Tom

Nice signing, now lets go out and sign a differance maker.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Fulham for life!

BarryP

Glad to hear it.  Davies and Dempsey are my co-favorites.  Here's to hoping they both retire as Fulham men.  :54:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

SuffolkWhite

Great news, it's always good to have a Welshman at Fulham.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AlFayedsChequebook

Good singning, faithful servant to the club and some real quality from the bench in future years!

SmithyFFC

As far as I'm concerned he has earned it just for this.

FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 17, 2010, 10:49:39 AM
As far as I'm concerned he has earned it just for this.

Maybe even for that one -