watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How will We Be Lining Up

Started by filham, July 16, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

If we include Madle we have ,I understand, made five new signings . I believe they are Madle, Ayite. Odoi, Aluko, and Kalas and include a centre back, full backs and pacey midfield wide men, positions we have all been asking to be filled with new players.

It has all happened in a short space of time and I have not really kept pace with it all.

In all honesty the names are all new to me. Are these players good buys, have they any Championship experience , and are they all fit and will they be ready for the Newcastle game.

Anyone care to predict a line up for the Newcastle match.

alfie

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2016, 03:07:32 PM
If we include Madle we have ,I understand, made five new signings . I believe they are Madle, Ayite. Odoi, Aluko, and Kalas and include a centre back, full backs and pacey midfield wide men, positions we have all been asking to be filled with new players.

It has all happened in a short space of time and I have not really kept pace with it all.

In all honesty the names are all new to me. Are these players good buys, have they any Championship experience , and are they all fit and will they be ready for the Newcastle game.

I really do think we should move away from this "Championship experience" wording now, they can either play or they can't, if they are good enough then that will be good enough for me.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

DukeTyrion

................... McCormack

Ayite .......... Cairney ................ Aluko

...... McDonald ... Parker/LVC/Tunni ...

Odoi .... Kalas ..... Madl ..... Fredericks

................... Betts

filham

Quote from: DukeTyrion on July 16, 2016, 04:10:04 PM
................... McCormack

Ayite .......... Cairney ................ Aluko

...... McDonald ... Parker/LVC/Tunni ...

Odoi .... Kalas ..... Madl ..... Fredericks

................... Betts

I like the idea of Cairney in the middle just behind the main striker, always thought he was wasted in wide positions. If we lose McCormac  and replace him with a good front runner then the line up still looks good.

But what do we know about the new boys, are they significantly better than the failed players they are replacing.

filham

Quote from: alfie on July 16, 2016, 03:50:29 PM
Quote from: filham on July 16, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

I really do think we should move away from this "Championship experience" wording now, they can either play or they can't, if they are good enough then that will be good enough for me.

In recent years we have had a number of overseas players who have taken a long while to adjust and in some cases failed. It always seems more risky bringing in overseas players than using well established English league players.

@jolslover

As it stands our best 11 is probably

Betts, Fredericks Madl Kalas Odoi, Parker LVC, Aluko Cairney Ayite, Mccormack

I expect Mccormack will leave, and we will sign Faurlin and another CM (Mcdonald maybe?) , and probably a replacement for Mccormack. We will also (I assume) sign another GK

I think our business so far has been very good, The 5 signings we have made are all good players and are all in positions that needed strengthening.
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

New GK

Kalas         Stearman   Madl         Odoi

New CM     LVC

Aluko                Cairney                Ayite

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Fredericks (impact sub)
Ream
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
G Williams
Woodrow
Smith

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 16, 2016, 06:57:49 PM
                            New GK

New CM     LVC

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Fredericks (impact sub)
Ream
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
G Williams
Woodrow
Smith

Somehow I thought Kalas was the big new centre back to  partner Madle.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2016, 07:37:52 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 16, 2016, 06:57:49 PM
                            New GK

New CM     LVC

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Fredericks (impact sub)
Ream
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
G Williams
Woodrow
Smith

Somehow I thought Kalas was the big new centre back to  partner Madle.

I don't trust Freds legs as the number one right back. I'm not sure he can play that much football. With his pace I see him possibly being a 20 min super sub.

Kalas said in his interview that he is very athletic and quick. Stearman was tried at RB a few times towards the back end of the season and did ok but wasn't great. Now seeing Stearman as captain for most friendlies suggests he will be involved. It will be interesting to see how he works it, Odoi I'm assuming will play left back and it could well be Fred Madl and Kalas.

Kalas has played right back so I was just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 probably lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Classic94

Bettinelli

Odoi   Madl   Kalas   Fredericks

LVC   Faurlin

Ayite   Cairney   Aluko

McCormack

Subs: Joronen, Malone, Stearman, Parker, Williams, Woodrow, Smith

Woolly Mammoth

The line up may change dramatically in the next three weeks after you take a butchers hook at the number of signings imminent, just be a little more patient.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillFace

One of the points worth making is that, especially in Ayite and Aluko, we haven't had players of their ilk for quite some time. You could maybe argue Kaca was the closest we've had to a winger in the past 3 years. Similarly, Ream as a LB hasn't been convincing, from what I know of him, he operated largely as a CB in his Bolton days. So Joka is slowly but surely plugging glaringly obvious gaps, just a few more to go or improvements on existing players to come in.

Do agree with Cairney in the centre, miles better player when not forced out wide and am very excited to see what he could do this season after a bit of a stuttering term previous.
The above may be nonsense

Skatzoffc

Tbh, I'm just pleased we've finally got a left back.
Haven't had one for 2-3 seasons

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

PaulJ123

Button
Kalas Stearman Madl Odoi
Faurlin LVC/Mcdonald
Ayite Cairney Aluko
Mccormack/someone quick

ffc73

I can tell you how we won't be lining up

Lonergan
Richards-Hutchinson-Burn-Amorebieta-Garbutt
           Kaca-Hyndman-O'Hara-Pringle
                             Dembele

Subs - Stek, Ince, Mitroglu

To add Bodorov-Matilla-Kavanagh?

fcfulham55

Without McCormack and without hope.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Beamer

Quote from: fcfulham55 on July 23, 2016, 09:50:48 AM
Without McCormack and without hope.
Maybe I'm just in a benevolent mood but I'm not sure about the without hope bit. OK without McC looks certain but at last we have the beginnings of a side that looks to have both pace and a bit of steel running through it. OK a way from the finished article but the first time in a long time the beginnings of something positive.
All may not be lost.

Black, White and Fred

Surprised everyone is leaving tunnicliffe out, he was one of the bright sparks from last season.
From the current players for Newcastle I would have a 4-2-3-1 formation with:

Button
Fred   Kalas   Madl   Odio
   Macdonald Tunnicliffe
Ayite     Cairney      Aluko
             Smith

Have left out Ross as if he does stay which I doubt then he will be miles behind in terms of fitness and smith has been knocking them in during pre season. Have gone for Button over Betts as he was epic against us last season and would hope he will be the commanding keeper that betts isn't quite yet.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2016, 11:30:57 AM
Your right, all is not lost. We are starting this new season, with I feel a decent proper manager/ coach, something we haven't started a season with for some time.
No disrespect intended to other managers.
There is balance and pace that was not there last season. I also feel it's a little too early to guess the lineup, injuries permitting. As I expect there are more players round the corner to arrive, and the Crystal Palace friendly could give us an indication of who may be playing where. Players will be playing for their places now, and not everybody for some reason or another may not be fit enough either by the time the Newcastle match arrives.
There could be at least another three to come in. Especially if Ross does depart.
So as the first game approaches, and let's face it, being Newcastle United, it pushes the expectation up another decilble or two, because of the volume of fans they will bring, and the fact that they will be favourites in some peoples books to go back up, but what a game for Fulham to turn them over, and get three massive points on the board, that would show intent. But even if we happen to lose, but play well in glorious defeat, at least that will show we are on the right track.

i am ok to say I have imense disrespect for the others, not personally but since hughes the rest were nowhere near good enough, rene might have been altright but we will now never know, kit i loved but it was obvious he was way out of his depth.
joca is a likely to be a class act IMO, anmd if it doesn't work out then it isn't because he was a poor choice like the others.

fcfulham55

How will we be lining up?

Terribly.
Sent from my Nokia 3310