https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Kit is Out

Started by Horsfield_No9, July 19, 2016, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2016, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 19, 2016, 01:54:57 PM
i thought the first badge with the river was the one in the 80's prior to that there wasnt any blue on the badge was there?
Might help

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/history/best-fulham-football-club-badge-poll-21-706.html

As i always say their is no 'old' or 'real' badge its just a persons view of what it should be.
My point was the orignal bade for Fulham did not have the river on it, wasnt refering to anyones personal preference.

I have founf a link within FoF (after all it is the FoF site we are chatting on) that shows the badges

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/the_badge.php
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

wondering how that blue logo will look on the rumoured blue away top.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 19, 2016, 02:22:54 PM

Much like the stripes incident of 14-15, the more I look at the new kit, the better it starts to look.

Once I see it in the flesh at Aldershot tonight, I'll give it a proper assessment
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jarv

The red line looks like a mistake. Too bold, should have been a bit more subtle.  I  have experience of this in my business, supplying printed footie shirts. Showed it to my screen printer (I always trust her opinion) looks like a mistake was ger opinion too. I don't really care though, I wont be buying one.

westcliff white

may look like a istake but it is the design. Northern Ireland used it during the euros i thnk, green line but no sponsor on it. For me the blue is the only mistake, i like the kit best in a while for us i think

bill taylors apprentice

The kits almost good but I agree with all the comments and questions above.

WTF does "with homage to the crest injected with a red horizontal strip emblazoned on the chest" mean !

I just wonder if the clubs people who had a say in this design actually asked themselves the questions we do before OKing it.

I would say though, that the Florida blue and the red are not completely un Fulham as versions of the badge from the late seventies until MAF changed the design regularly had these very colours (versions of the boroughs coat of arms) in it.
A coincidence no doubt.

Airfix

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 19, 2016, 02:47:51 PM
WTF does "with homage to the crest injected with a red horizontal strip emblazoned on the chest" mean !

It means, oh look, there's red in the badge, so we can put red on the shirt!

cookieg

The overall effect looks a bit bland. If there was more black then it might look bolder and take away from the red appearing to be more dominant.

rusty shackleford

Looks the same as every other year with a red stripe

The amount of crying that gets done over a white t shirt baffles me

epsomraver

I just wonder if the clubs people who had a say in this design actually asked themselves the questions we do before OKing it.

I would say though, that the Florida blue and the red are not completely un Fulham as versions of the badge from the late seventies until MAF changed the design regularly had these very colours (versions of the boroughs coat of arms) in it.
A coincidence no doubt.

Where do people get that Red is part of our colours?, we have always been Black and white, not black red and white, this red thing has crept in over the  years, there is more blue in the H and F crest if that is what people are referring to

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: rusty shackleford on July 19, 2016, 03:23:02 PM

It's because it should be as simple as that, a white t-shirt, yet somehow every year they decide to poncify it and add bells and whistles to it that aren't required.

westcliff white

I always believed our first crest had red on it, i have no issue with the red at all. For me our home kit should be white shirts, black shorts, socks of either colour with some black and or red piping. The away kit should be the mirror image but maybe hats just me

MJG

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 19, 2016, 03:30:46 PM

It's because it should be as simple as that, a white t-shirt, yet somehow every year they decide to poncify it and add bells and whistles to it that aren't required.
Last seasons home kit was pretty much standard basic as you will get these days. Ok it was not the brilliant white most would want but better than any other in recent years.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MJG on July 19, 2016, 03:42:10 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 19, 2016, 03:30:46 PM

Last seasons home kit was pretty much standard basic as you will get these days. Ok it was not the brilliant white most would want but better than any other in recent years.

I think we were also spoilt by the Nike years, whose kits were just out of this world. Especially the 08-09 kits

westcliff white

It's strange isn't it I remember people slagging the Nike kits off and before that the kappa and absolutely desperate for adidas. Adidas who are well known for the limited supply. I only buy for my son so doesn't bother me he likes them all, for me this kit is far from the disaster some seem to think it is

snarks

I like it, but then I liked the white and grey stripes.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: epsomraver on July 19, 2016, 03:29:18 PM

A coincidence no doubt.

Where do people get that Red is part of our colours?, we have always been Black and white, not black red and white, this red thing has crept in over the  years, there is more blue in the H and F crest if that is what people are referring to

Firstly, my comments about the colours in the badge were tongue in cheek.

Its Black and white for me every time, no other colours needed, (where did recent Newcastle kits get blue from?) but I'm sure you remember the promotion team of 70/71 that wore red socks until season 73/74.

RaySmith

I remember the  'lucky' black and red striped away kit of 1975 in our Cup run, and  black and red seemed to be our away colours, though several seasons they haven't been.
But red does seem to have become part of our colours now.

I quite like the new strip, but then I usually like them. You get used to the strips when you see the team playing in them anyway.

18stepsup

Fulham wore red shirts in 1893

sunburywhite

Kit out

Felix out too

Bring back Rene
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me