watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who would you keep/sell?

Started by Ruiz11, July 19, 2016, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruiz11

A couple more good signings today signify a positive start to this summer's transfer business. We're still light on a quality centre half, central midfielders, out-and-out wingers and a striker, but it's a promising start at least. Out of the remaining members of the first team squad, I personally would get rid of:

Stearman, Bodurov, Amorebieta, Grimmer and Kavanagh. The last two seem to have their fans because of their age and progress through the club's age group sides, but I can't see them becoming key players any time soon, so I would be ruthless and sell.

Woolly Mammoth

I would prefer to keep Grimmer, and maybe Stearman, not fussed about the others, they need to go.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Bodurov and Matilla need to go. All they are doing is getting in the way. If we get to a point where they are needed due to injuries I'd rather see a youngster given a chance. Get rid and free up more wages.

Amorebeta wants to go and will go. Kavanagh isn't good enough and we aren't doing him any favours prolonging the inevitable. Grimmer I'd keep for now but loan out.

Tunnicliffe can go if we sign 2 more midfielders. Smith can go if we sign Wilson. McCormack can go as long as we sign a replacement.

That leaves us with 3 strikers still but if we only play the 1 up top and have Aluko in the squad we probably don't need 4.

Out
Betts or Joronen- loan
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Grimmer- loan
Amorebieta
Matilla
Tunnicliffe
Smith
McCormack

In
Left sided CB
2 from Chabolah, McDonald, Faurlin, Hendrik, Delaney.
James Wilson- loan
Replacement for Ross- Rhodes, Wells, Nugent etc
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 19, 2016, 09:24:43 PM
Bodurov and Matilla need to go. All they are doing is getting in the way. If we get to a point where they are needed due to injuries I'd rather see a youngster given a chance. Get rid and free up more wages.

Amorebeta wants to go and will go. Kavanagh isn't good enough and we aren't doing him any favours prolonging the inevitable. Grimmer I'd keep for now but loan out.

Tunnicliffe can go if we sign 2 more midfielders. Smith can go if we sign Wilson. McCormack can go as long as we sign a replacement.

That leaves us with 3 strikers still but if we only play the 1 up top and have Aluko in the squad we probably don't need 4.

Out
Betts or Joronen- loan
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Grimmer- loan
Amorebieta
Matilla
Tunnicliffe
Smith
McCormack

In
Left sided CB
James Wilson- loan
Replacement for Ross- Rhodes, Wells, Nugent etch

we haven't signed anyone to replace Hugo,dembele or mitroglu yet, let alone ross
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on July 19, 2016, 09:31:21 PM

Out
Betts or Joronen- loan
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Grimmer- loan
Amorebieta
Matilla
Tunnicliffe
Smith
McCormack

In
Left sided CB
James Wilson- loan
Replacement for Ross- Rhodes, Wells, Nugent etch

we haven't signed anyone to replace Hugo,dembele or mitroglu yet, let alone ross

Not sure what was left of Mitroglou to replace. The bloke never played and then didn't want to play for a championship club.

Hugo overall was not good enough but scored goals. Luckily Dembele did replace him and scored more goals.

Now its time for a different approach and I don't think Ross suits that. I've always felt everything was about Ross and as a result he shined but the team didn't.  Now its about the team and I'm quite happy he's probably going. Hopefully we get a quick striker and not a player who drifts into other people's positions. Ross is a great player but like Rooney he is sometimes too good to keep tactics simple and rigid. We need a striker if we play 433

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Ruiz11

Haven't really seen enough of Mattila live to judge whether he deserves more than a season to prove himself, but I think it would be rash to urge McCormack out - he can be quiet and drop too deep, but is always capable of scoring out of the blue, a true touch of class who should probably be a given a chance in the Prem.

Ruiz11

Quote from: Statto on July 19, 2016, 11:16:38 PM
Quote from: Ruiz11 on July 19, 2016, 07:59:50 PM
We're still light on a quality centre half, central midfielders, out-and-out wingers and a striker

I agree we need a centre half, central midfielder and replacement for dembele--basically the spine of a team so still a lot of important transfer business to do

but how can you say we're still light on wingers when we've signed two of them?

not to mention three full-backs with gives us the option of using fredericks as an additional winger instead

Signing two wingers still isn't enough. Aluko has tended to be used as a second striker at Hull, Ayité is unproven and Williams hasn't played much at Championship level either. That leaves us with only 3 natural wingers, and the old problem of playing LVC, Cairney and Tunnicliffe out wide, when all three are better suited to playing in the centre. Fredericks too is better coming forwards from full-back, rather than starting high as a winger, so I still think there's a definite need for an experienced, old-school winger.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Ruiz11 on July 19, 2016, 11:23:50 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 19, 2016, 11:16:38 PM
Quote from: Ruiz11 on July 19, 2016, 07:59:50 PM
We're still light on a quality centre half, central midfielders, out-and-out wingers and a striker

I agree we need a centre half, central midfielder and replacement for dembele--basically the spine of a team so still a lot of important transfer business to do

but how can you say we're still light on wingers when we've signed two of them?

not to mention three full-backs with gives us the option of using fredericks as an additional winger instead

Signing two wingers still isn't enough. Aluko has tended to be used as a second striker at Hull, Ayité is unproven and Williams hasn't played much at Championship level either. That leaves us with only 3 natural wingers, and the old problem of playing LVC, Cairney and Tunnicliffe out wide, when all three are better suited to playing in the centre. Fredericks too is better coming forwards from full-back, rather than starting high as a winger, so I still think there's a definite need for an experienced, old-school winger.

I think you are talking a load of old tosh!
Sorry.

Bronaldinho

Surprised to see Tunnicliffe on the out list for some.

Think he's the ideal player for us under Jokanovic.

Joka wants to play a high-press game and with his engine and ethic he's ideal to have in the centre of the park.

Would like to see a 4-3-3 with Tunni (Holding) Cairney and LVC ahead of him. The energy and creativity in that partnership could be wonderful with Aluko/Ayite/Striker ahead of them.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 20, 2016, 11:59:35 AM
Surprised to see Tunnicliffe on the out list for some.

Think he's the ideal player for us under Jokanovic.

Joka wants to play a high-press game and with his engine and ethic he's ideal to have in the centre of the park.

Would like to see a 4-3-3 with Tunni (Holding) Cairney and LVC ahead of him. The energy and creativity in that partnership could be wonderful with Aluko/Ayite/Striker ahead of them.
agreed. And he was one of our better and most consistent players till he picked up his injury last season. Plus he started to find the back of the old onion bag.

@jolslover

Out
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Amorebieta
Matilla
Smith
McCormack

STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

I would sell fulhamben if I could.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 20, 2016, 04:24:57 PM
I would sell fulhamben if I could.
and give Smith a pay rise with the proceeds? Plus the php would never allow such a move ;-)

Porthogs FC

Quote from: @jolslover on July 20, 2016, 02:42:45 PM
Out
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Amorebieta
Matilla
Smith
McCormack

So we need two more forwards, two more wingers, two more CM's and one CB. And 5 of them should be first 11 quality?
There's a long way to go...

Barrett487

Out
Betts or Joronen- loan
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Grimmer- loan
Amorebieta
Matilla
Tunnicliffe
Smith
McCormack

In
Left sided CB
James Wilson- loan

Controversial i know, but i don't think Matilla has been given a fair crack. A player will possibly only blossom in the right system and under the right manager. He picked up unfortunate injuries, but i trust Slav to decide if he can contribute.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 20, 2016, 08:35:57 PM

Out
Betts or Joronen- loan
Bodurov
Kavanagh
Grimmer- loan
Amorebieta
Matilla
Tunnicliffe
Smith
McCormack

In
Left sided CB
James Wilson- loan

Controversial i know, but i don't think Matilla has been given a fair crack. A player will possibly only blossom in the right system and under the right manager. He picked up unfortunate injuries, but i trust Slav to decide if he can contribute.

He couldn't even make the squad for the Ireland trip. A squad that contained many 16/17 year olds and Sean Kavanagh. If he isn't getting that close then he isn't in the plans. I think we have another Voser situation, lumbered with him on the books until someone takes them away. Likewise Bodurov

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Ruiz11

We do seem to be going through players at quite a rate these days, completely at odds with the settled times of Roy.

fcfulham55

Sell them all. Barr Ross.

I know it'll never work because a team needs to gel though, maybe it can be done over a few seasons. This suggesting, premier league football is far from a return to us. If ever again.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Jims Dentist

Given the failure so far to sign a big dominating CB, I  wish we had made Burn a decent offer so that we could have kept him.
I know a number on here will disagree, but unless we can make the above signing we will get murdered at set pieces on the championship.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 24, 2016, 06:16:28 PM
Given the failure so far to sign a big dominating CB, I  wish we had made Burn a decent offer so that we could have kept him.
I know a number on here will disagree, but unless we can make the above signing we will get murdered at set pieces on the championship.

Yes I agree with you. Let's hope we can get the right man we require in, before it's too late.

Never forget your Roots.