https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by JPCL, July 22, 2016, 01:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on July 22, 2016, 10:03:07 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2016, 09:21:57 AM
Its a Fulham thing,slag off our best player and praise a donkey.
Its a bit like the British affect,slag off our champions and make heroes out of the likes
of Eddie the Eagle....Hilarious
wtf, Eddie the Eagle is a national treasure. He is that awesome that they even made a film about him. Doubt anyone will ever make one about Ross. Suppose you don't like Eric the eel either, even though he nearly drowned in the Olympic pool

Precisely...Make a hero out of someone who can jump 3ft 2 ins...
Once caught an eel but his name wasnt Eric...

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on July 22, 2016, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 22, 2016, 12:26:25 PM
Can't believe we would sell Ross a stupid decision by the club if true.
that all depends, if buy out clause is reached, then there is very little the club can do, and if its the managers decision, then we have to trust that he has a plan. But if it's purely a money issue then yes it's crazy
If its not the managers  decision and it comes from rigg its the beggining of the end I think for joka.

JPCL

In the last two years since we've been down we must have bought like 20 odd players and about 3/4 which have been any good. Ross, Cairney, Madl, no one else has been great. I wouldn't mind the money if had any sort of faith we'd spend it wisely. We got like 5 mil for Mitroglou & havent spent that yet ...

NogoodBoyo

Berbatov was arguably a  better player than Ross, but he was a real drag on team morale.  I was very glad to see the back of him.  Ross is less of a drama queen but he still seems to have baggage.  A little more round the waste than a professional athlete should carry.  A roving minstrel that might well contribute to our poor defensive record.  A history of playing in under-performing teams.  A hint of an unfriendly attitude towards team-mates?  A lack of pace.  But, he scores a load of goals and makes quite a few more.  He just needs one hell of a team behind him.  Yet why has a Prem side not taken him on?
I don't really know, but the consistent participation in defensively poor teams and 15 million would be two reasons why I would not shed too many tears if he were to go.  I also wouldn't mind too much if he were to stay and prove me wrong.  The key is what does Slavisa think.
Nogood "creosote on this one, isit" Boyo

cmg

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 22, 2016, 04:02:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2016, 03:58:03 PM
Under the circumstances. It's best he goes, he did cause problems in the dressing room, a real moaning Minnie, poor captain, I reckon we can do just as well without him, and pocket more money than I think he's worth at this stage. But clearly Norwich are desperate to bring someone in, he is also lazy, and has trouble shedding weight.
Yes he scores goals, and does things other players cannot.  But he is no athlete and we have had our money's worth. I think you will find we won't miss him anywhere near as much as you think. There is 11 players in the team. But Fulham have to spend wisely, let's hope they have marked their targets.

When was the last time we ever 'spent wisely'?   

That Scottish bloke we got from Leeds didn't turn out too bad. Leading goalscorer for next two seasons. Russ McSomethingoranother. Anyone remember him?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2016, 04:13:55 PM
Under the circumstances. It's best he goes, he did cause problems in the dressing room, a real moaning Minnie, poor captain, I reckon we can do just as well without him, and pocket more money than I think he's worth at this stage. But clearly Norwich are desperate to bring someone in, he is also lazy, and has trouble shedding weight.
Yes he scores goals, and does things other players cannot.  But he is no athlete and we have had our money's worth. I think you will find we won't miss him anywhere near as much as you think. There is 11 players in the team. But Fulham have to spend wisely, let's hope they have marked their targets.

I cannot remember.
Moussa Dembele the First

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 22, 2016, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2016, 04:13:55 PM

I cannot remember.
Moussa Dembele the First

£5m? Yeah I'd say so
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

BedsFFC

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 22, 2016, 04:16:52 PM
Berbatov was arguably a  better player than Ross, but he was a real drag on team morale.  I was very glad to see the back of him.  Ross is less of a drama queen but he still seems to have baggage.  A little more round the waste than a professional athlete should carry.  A roving minstrel that might well contribute to our poor defensive record.  A history of playing in under-performing teams.  A hint of an unfriendly attitude towards team-mates?  A lack of pace.  But, he scores a load of goals and makes quite a few more.  He just needs one hell of a team behind him.  Yet why has a Prem side not taken him on?
I don't really know, but the consistent participation in defensively poor teams and 15 million would be two reasons why I would not shed too many tears if he were to go.  I also wouldn't mind too much if he were to stay and prove me wrong.  The key is what does Slavisa think.
Nogood "creosote on this one, isit" Boyo

I concur

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2016, 04:03:43 PM
Its a bit like the British affect,slag off our champions and make heroes out of the likes
wtf, Eddie the Eagle is a national treasure. He is that awesome that they even made a film about him. Doubt anyone will ever make one about Ross. Suppose you don't like Eric the eel either, even though he nearly drowned in the Olympic pool

in all fairness, I bet none of us would even have the balls to go down one of the smaller ramps, let alone the biggest one. Need a medal just for going down it, regardless of how far you jump. These things are massive and steep
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on July 22, 2016, 04:38:30 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 22, 2016, 04:03:43 PM

in all fairness, I bet none of us would even have the balls to go down one of the smaller ramps, let alone the biggest one. Need a medal just for going down it, regardless of how far you jump. These things are massive and steep

Not knocking him at all.
Its the British thing where we champion talentless people,and knock some
who have achieved lots..
Its the underdog thing in our nature...

bill taylors apprentice

History repeating itself.

He fails to attend the preseason training camp but this time all concerned are being more diplomatic i.e. this time he's injured because FFC are more discrete than Cellino was at Leeds. 

So, simple question.

Does anyone actually think McCormack will remain our player beyond the window?

Delboy

If Ross is on his bike then the club may not announce his departure until his replacement has signed. Possibly Rhodes etc etc. We could afford Jordan with the Ross money. The club would want to appease the fans if Ross was sold.

Chesh

Quote from: Delboy on July 23, 2016, 10:47:33 AM
If Ross is on his bike then the club may not announce his departure until his replacement has signed. Possibly Rhodes etc etc. We could afford Jordan with the Ross money. The club would want to appease the fans if Ross was sold.
Despite what Ross has done for the team in the last couple of years, I'd swap him for Rhodes at this stage, as we need a central front man to get on the end of the wide play now - no need for someone who has to do it all himself anymore
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

@jolslover

Quote from: Delboy on July 23, 2016, 10:47:33 AM

I wouldnt want all the Ross money to just be spent on one player, would rather spread it out.
STH H3

Oakeshott

Ross seems to have picked up a knock, which explains why he hasn't travelled to Portugal. Apart from jumping to a conclusion over that, and the inevitable and probably largely press-generated rumours, is there any solid reason for thinking he is going?

Slaphead in Qatar

Ross might actually want to stay - we seem to be building a good team

Fulham Tup North

:dead horse:  I know people are saying that without Ross' goals these past two seasons, we would be in Div 1 and that is the best reason for keeping him.  I like the fella, but would be very tempted to sell him for the money which is being touted around (£13m).
I believe we would be fine as long as we get a Striker who can give us 12-15 goals.  The reason we needed Ross' 20+ over the previous two seasons was because we let so many in at the other end!  We also need the rest of the team to contribute a few more.
If we can stop leaking goals, which looking at who we have signed, I believe we will do, then we don't have to score quite so many to win games.  Ross has been excellent for us, but as others have said, he could not do it all on his own.  We now seem to be building a 'TEAM' who attack and defend as a unit. 
At the end of the day, money talks.  I am looking forward to the Newcastle game with great anticipation......
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Nero

SO if Ross had broke his leg in any of the last 2 seasons we would have been down? Im sure this is the same as when he was at Leeds Injured, didn't go on preseason tour, sold. Leeds where just a bit more public about him going and wanted to look like they wanted to keep him. Fulham are staying quite telling clubs pay 15m and hes yours they can then turn around and say The buy out fee was met and Ross decided to leave we tried to keep him. The only thing that seems to keep Ross happy is the next pay cheque, fed up of him getting a new contract every time his name is mentioned think the club might be as well.

For me let him go, as said before never been in a team near the top of the table, sell for 15rm get in Assombolonga  or what ever hes called, younger and quicker

colinwhite

My take on this for what it is worth .I like Ross as a player but have niggling doubts about the following :
1. As he is not a central striker with pace and power and thus cannot lead the line on his own ,he restricts the way we can play. Simply put it means if he plays then it is 2 up front.
2. Have lost track of the number of new contracts we have given him and saw him only a couple of months saying he wanted to be part  of our rebuild, having just signed for 4 years .
3. He has previous at other clubs of rocking the boat for various reasons (Rangers ,Cardiff, Leeds ) and usually stays a couple of seasons before moving on . If he stays this speculation and constant imminant departure stuff is always going to continue.
4. If he wants to go then we are better off without him , as he is never going to be happy.
5. Why hasnt he or the club made it clear that he is going nowhere ?

In conclusion it must  reluctantly be said that in  all likely hood he will be going, and I dont think that its a question of us lacking ambition in not keeping him ,simply that somewhere a line must be drawn in the sand , where enough is enough because fulham is not all about Ross Macormack.Indeed it is much bigger . All footballers are after what they can get , and understandably so , but my feeling is now despite everything , if he goes then we will be well rid of a problem that was never going to go away.
Needless to say a replacement has to be found and quickly , and for me that is where the club is going to show at what level its ambition lies.

clanky

Have to ad to all this that surely we build our team around probably the best goal corer in the division rather than sell him and buy someone who may/not fit it to the Fulham team and may/not score goals.

This seems a big gamble to me with too much uncertainty

Will Norwich pay that much for him and would Ross go to another Championship club with no definitive future.

I would have thought Ross would want to test himself in the Premiership before he gets too old. Middlesborough would be the most likely target but see they have just bought a striker for £8M.

Do they have funds and desire for another ??

The mystery remains, please can the club tell us what's going on please