more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by JPCL, July 22, 2016, 01:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Max Headroom on July 24, 2016, 11:54:12 AM
In the Euro 16 final, Portugal were better when Ronaldo went off. Football is a team game. I remember when Dembele started playing for us. McCormack seemed to be giving him a hard time. It's a personal opinion, and I may be wrong as I don't know what is in McCormacks head, but I think we will be more of a team without him.
I don't think they were better they just had to play differently and it worked for them, and I think that's your point
Every day is a Fulham day

Texas White

Quote from: Snibbo on July 24, 2016, 02:40:20 AM
What would he look like in the new Norwich kit? Maybe that's why he's holding off.

Now that's a transfer killer

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Texas White on July 24, 2016, 08:08:21 PM
What would he look like in the new Norwich kit? Maybe that's why he's holding off.

Penicillin and some rest should do the trick ! and they will feel a lot better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Glad it was Florida that sponsored us and not Hawaii.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: snarks on July 24, 2016, 11:59:25 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 24, 2016, 11:44:28 AM
Fulham could and should have avoided the apparent impasse by at least being clear about where it stands over McCormack's position.  Either we want to keep him or we don't and it is that simple.

Well Slav has said he wants him to stay and build a team around him. They've rejected bids according to several reports. What more can the club do to make it clear? Saying hands off has little effect on speculation.
0001.jpeg  049:gif  :plus one:

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live (@TransferCentreL)
7/24/16, 3:43 PM
Norwich City are confident of completing the signing of Fulham striker Ross McCormack this week.

Texas White

Quote from: Carborundum on July 24, 2016, 08:15:59 PM

No disrespect to the ladies but that looks like a very feminine shirt

YankeeJim

Quote from: Texas White on July 24, 2016, 09:06:20 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on July 24, 2016, 08:15:59 PM

No disrespect to the ladies but that looks like a very feminine shirt

Have you seen Norwich play? LOL
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

If one plays brilliant top notch football then one could get away with playing in their knickers and a tutu.  They will get chuckled at but will get respect for their game. 
If one plays like a donkey and their football is awful then playing in something as hideous as that kit is only going to magnify the problem.   
At least that is the way I see it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFC1999

How I see it is, McCormack is clearly our best player and most gifted. However to have the best team it doesnt necessarily mean you have to keep the best player if it means the system and players around him arent also being utilised too there full capacity.

If by selling Ross meant we could replace him with a striker that just scores goals, and another creative midfielder, I think it would be best as this can benefit the team as a whole and not just Mccormack's goal tally.

Scrumpy

Quote from: FFC1999 on July 24, 2016, 10:58:57 PM
How I see it is, McCormack is clearly our best player and most gifted. However to have the best team it doesnt necessarily mean you have to keep the best player if it means the system and players around him arent also being utilised too there full capacity.

If by selling Ross meant we could replace him with a striker that just scores goals, and another creative midfielder, I think it would be best as this can benefit the team as a whole and not just Mccormack's goal tally.

Well put. That's my view too.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

cookieg

Unfortunately when you build your team around one player and then that player wants to leave or is unsettled by bids from other clubs your system then falls apart . If he goes we should look to bring in 2-3 players that will make the team stronger  and not just one position.

FulhamStu

Honestly, I think this quote about wanting to build the team around Ross is way out of date.  The type of team Jokanovic is building is nothing like you would build around Ross.  I think it far more likely that these words were said for Ross's benefit at the time and to gain maximum value from any future sale.  People who hang on words spoken by Jokanovic need to re-think, his English is not great and he not the happy chappy we had with Kit.  Jokanovic is a serious, take no crap type who come across as pissed off probably when the opposite is true.  As for the constant moaning about not spending money, we are no longer a Premier team and can't just spend spend without breaking FFP.  FFP could destroy us if we fail again.  Remember is based on total cost, not just transfer fees but wages, bonuses and all other costs associated with the players.

fulhamben

Quote from: cookieg on July 25, 2016, 08:03:22 AM
Unfortunately when you build your team around one player and then that player wants to leave or is unsettled by bids from other clubs your system then falls apart . If he goes we should look to bring in 2-3 players that will make the team stronger  and not just one position.
personally, i think our system with woody up top is looking the best it has in years. im sure we will get a replacement in for ross, and even though its essentially a 433 that we are playing at the moment, it leaves your main striker isolated, and as good as ross is, i dont think anyone thinks he can be effective as a lone striker
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Horsfield_No9

Did Leeds finish higher up the table after Ross left? I know they've twice finished higher than us without him. Interesting.

My main feeling is (and I'm sure any fan will agree) we only want players here who want to play for Fulham. It's never fun when a player is at a club against his will. When Ruiz was made to stay that extra year he never once celebrated a goal, felt very hollow. Hard to get behind players in that scenario.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

MJG

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 25, 2016, 11:03:57 AM
Did Leeds finish higher up the table after Ross left? I know they've twice finished higher than us without him. Interesting.

My main feeling is (and I'm sure any fan will agree) we only want players here who want to play for Fulham. It's never fun when a player is at a club against his will. When Ruiz was made to stay that extra year he never once celebrated a goal, felt very hollow. Hard to get behind players in that scenario.
They finished same position and then two places higher.
When he left Cardiff they had two playoff finishes and then champions

alexmur

well said

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

And where has Ross stated he isnt happy here,the so called transfer request last window
which was rubbish.
Its getting like a soap Opera

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2016, 12:00:47 PM

And where has Ross stated he isnt happy here,the so called transfer request last window
which was rubbish.

Didn't he sit out a game or 2 but he wasn't injured? Pretty sure he tried to force a move.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 25, 2016, 12:04:45 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2016, 12:00:47 PM

which was rubbish.

Didn't he sit out a game or 2 but he wasn't injured? Pretty sure he tried to force a move.

How many times Ive posted this now is unbelievable,Andy Lonergan quoted in the paper
That Ross never asked for a transfer and was happy at Fulham.
I have seen nothing in his play last season to doubt that.
He hasnt came out and asked for one this window either..Not saying it want
happen,but where is the evidence he wants away..