Porthogs FC

4-3-3
Button
Freddy - Kalas - Madl - Odoi
LVC Cairney Mcdonald
Ayite - McCormack - Aluko

Bench - Betts, Stearman, Ream, Parker, Tunni, Smith, Woodrow

Needs?
CB (starter?) RB (starter?), DM(back up), Winger (starter), CF (starter if Ross goes)

@jolslover

Faurlin, Back up winger and new striker assuming ross goes. then were done imo
STH H3

filham

It is all but a new team, we now have to wait a couple of weeks to see how they perform, just hope it is a lot better than last season's new team.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: @jolslover on July 22, 2016, 06:31:56 PM
Isn't Faurlin injured again? I think the Flanagan on loan could work well - Freddy too much of a glass canon. Agree with Back up winger and new striker.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2016, 07:24:14 PM

still no new cb after all these years being crap from set pieces???

no replacement for the league's 8th highest scorer?

each to their own opinion but i think you're mental!

This year we are playing 1 up top instead of two, so it is different, I think Woodrow is capable back up. With Humphrys and Smith stepping in if need be.
Madl and Kalas looked a class CB partnership against Brighton, and Stearman can be drafted in against the more physical teams, with Tim Ream available also. Having Madl and Kalas at CB helps our possession football game so much as both so composed on the ball. A big CB would not have this technical ability. I dont think defending set pieces is necessarily about height, more about organisation.

STH H3

bill taylors apprentice

Button
Kalas    AN Other  Madl   Odoi

Ayite   Cairney  McDonald  Malone

McCormack  Aluko

Rhys Lightning 63

Betts
    Odoi - Kalas - Madl - Malone
Fredricks - Cairney - McDonald - Ayite
                Ross - Aluko

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 22, 2016, 07:39:38 PM
                   Betts
    Odoi - Kalas - Madl - Malone
Fredricks - Cairney - McDonald - Ayite
                Ross - Aluko

So you don't play the big money keeper just signed and the guy who has made his name playing LB on the right (I know he is right footed) just asking?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2016, 07:24:14 PM

still no new cb after all these years being crap from set pieces???

no replacement for the league's 8th highest scorer?

each to their own opinion but i think you're mental!

I'd like to see a new CB signing myself and would not be surprised to see one come in. I also believe we need additional midfield and forward help.

However, I don't think that it's necessary to try and replace all of Dembele's (or Ross' if it comes to that) goals with one player (like for like). I'm no soothsayer, certainly, but it appears to me that many of those goals will be achieved in the aggregate. We already look more dangerous from midfield than in recent memory. I also believe that we won't need as many goals to achieve results as we did last season. Our midfield is shaping up to be less of a sieve than last season and I expect that, defensively, we won't be conceding near as many.

Kit, I believe, focused more on scoring than he ever did defending (contrary to what one would expect from him). That mentality, to me, permeated the squad and manifested itself on the pitch almost every match.

I expect Slavisa to put a stop to the lackadaisical defending from top to bottom and focus on scoring from multiple positions rather than relying solely on Ross (...and a Mousa replacement) for all our scoring.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2016, 07:34:33 PM
We most definately need a big unit centre back that can command and organise the defence. Money no object, just get him Fulham FC. 
Another winger, and a striker, if Ross becomes a Canary. Could do with offloading the surplus to requirement players like Mattila, Bodurov, etc, assuming they are surplus. But we most definately need a Centre Half to deal with high balls, and is a warrior.
I am sure there are a couple of others in the pipeline as well, I am sure Jok is not finished yet, but that absent centre back worries me. Faurlin is not fit enough yet, and unfortunately is a another injury prone player. So I can see at least three more coming in,
Tommy Smith? James Wilson? Tommy Lawrence ? Maybe,

Odds we could get the other CB (forgotten his name, Duffy maybe?) from Blackburn now that they've given up Hanley? It appears to me that we are suddenly loaded with CB's who prefer to play more to the right rather than the left and that we're pretty much down to Ream as a more "natural" left-sided CB. Or am I missing someone?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Porthogs FC

I sometimes wonder if we're all following the same team when I see suggested lineups... says OP

river phoenix

_______________________Button_______________________

Fredericks________Kalas____________Madl____________Odoi

______________________McDonald______________________

_____________Cairney______________Christensen_________

______Aluko__________________________McCormack______

_____________________Woodrow_______________________

I expect us to sign a tall centre-back, another defensive midfielder, a winger and a striker.

dannyboi-ffc

Button
New RB        Kalas       Madl           Odoi

LVC        McDonald

New winger    Cairney            Ayite/
                                                   Aluko

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Stearman
Malone
Fred
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
Aluko/Ayite
Woodrow

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FulhamStu

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 22, 2016, 08:40:18 PM
                              Button

LVC        McDonald

Aluko

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Stearman
Malone
Fred
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
Aluko/Ayite
Woodrow

That pretty much as as I see it although Kalas could play right back with a new ' big guy' no5 and I think Aluko could play right in the 3 with Ayite left and Williams as cover for them.  New quick central striker no no1 priority for me.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 23, 2016, 06:31:53 AM
                              Button

LVC        McDonald

Aluko

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Stearman
Malone
Fred
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
Aluko/Ayite
Woodrow

That pretty much as as I see it although Kalas could play right back with a new ' big guy' no5 and I think Aluko could play right in the 3 with Ayite left and Williams as cover for them.  New quick central striker no no1 priority for me.

I think it depends on where Kalas is used. Either way we will need a right back or a centre half. Fredericks can't be relied on.

A new striker is a must imo and controversially Im one of those that thinks it makes sense to cash in on Ross. Imo it could end up similar to the Rooney England problem.  Great player who doesn't fit into a team but the system is forced to accommodate him as he's the best player. Going forward I don't see that being the right thing to do.

I think we are short on width still. Aluko will be that winger/striker option. Ayite and we've got George. But I still think we could do with one more and a starter at that too.

1 defender
1 midfielder
1 winger
1 striker

That's what I think we will still sign or need to
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Porthogs FC

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 23, 2016, 07:30:26 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 23, 2016, 06:31:53 AM
                              Button

LVC        McDonald

Aluko

New FWD

Subs
Betts
Stearman
Malone
Fred
Parker/ Tunnicliffe
Aluko/Ayite
Woodrow

I think it depends on where Kalas is used. Either way we will need a right back or a centre half. Fredericks can't be relied on.

A new striker is a must imo and controversially Im one of those that thinks it makes sense to cash in on Ross. Imo it could end up similar to the Rooney England problem.  Great player who doesn't fit into a team but the system is forced to accommodate him as he's the best player. Going forward I don't see that being the right thing to do.

I think we are short on width still. Aluko will be that winger/striker option. Ayite and we've got George. But I still think we could do with one more and a starter at that too.

1 defender
1 midfielder
1 winger
1 striker

That's what I think we will still sign or need to
Spot on here. I think we signed Kalas, Madl and Odoi to be starters. Would love it if Stearman stayed as our backup CB so another RB or CB signing is necessary. Can't count on Matilla to be here, so another CM. Have 3 wingers which includes Williams, so another Winger is necessary. And, of course, a Ross replacement. Woodrow is good to add later in a game to complement a striker if we're behind or for good hold up play if we're ahead. He's still unproven at this point.

Deeping_white

Personally I'd play Kalas at RB, and get in a big lump of a CB to negate the fact that our defence is still on the smaller side. I'd probably still want another CM as whilst tunni and lvc are good squad players, I think we need that extra bit of steel and passing ability if we really want to push for top 6. Also another winger, as I'm a fan of having two for either side, as I see Aluko as a right sided player,  Williams and Ayite left wingers, so a pacey player will hopefully be joining us soon. Finally a striker, which I think we all agree will probably be someone who can play on their own and has some pace about them as well.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2016, 03:50:11 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2016, 03:43:30 PM
Personally I'd play Kalas at RB, and get in a big lump of a CB to negate the fact that our defence is still on the smaller side. I'd probably still want another CM as whilst tunni and lvc are good squad players, I think we need that extra bit of steel and passing ability if we really want to push for top 6. Also another winger, as I'm a fan of having two for either side, as I see Aluko as a right sided player,  Williams and Ayite left wingers, so a pacey player will hopefully be joining us soon. Finally a striker, which I think we all agree will probably be someone who can play on their own and has some pace about them as well.

+1

really can't see us signing another right back when by my count we already have seven or eight of them

very happy with mcdonald but my understanding is he's not a big tackler, despite his size. would like an ince type player for the steel as  you say

Also, what with tonight's lineup, which I feel is almost our strongest minus Maccy D and the potential additions we've talked about above, it shows that with Fred out, Odoi has to play RB and I'd feel more comfortable with him and Malone as LB's, Fred and Kalas RB's, as ideally you need two players per position and I think that with those two combinations, along with a new CB we should in theory be far more competent in defence which would allow us to push on and have a successful season.