more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Milner joins Citeh

Started by CorkedHat, August 17, 2010, 02:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Man City sign Milner from Villa
James Milner doubles salary and Stephen Ireland moves to Aston Villa as part of deal worth about £26m
The Guardian
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

AlFayedsChequebook

supposedly £16m+ ireland.

Not bad going for Villa, lots of money and a quality player for someone who wants to leave and is already overrated.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2010, 02:13:56 PM

Not bad going for Villa, lots of money and a quality player for someone who wants to leave and is already overrated.

Well, I agree with half of what you said, kind sir. It's a great deal for Villa, but I believe Milner is the goods. England would be a better team if Milner replaced Lampard or Gerrard. As a matter of fact, a healthy Hargreaves plus Milner would be a nice upgrade over the pair of them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2010, 02:47:10 PM

Well, I agree with half of what you said, kind sir. It's a great deal for Villa, but I believe Milner is the goods. England would be a better team if Milner replaced Lampard or Gerrard. As a matter of fact, a healthy Hargreaves plus Milner would be a nice upgrade over the pair of them.

That is madness. Hargreaves in for Lumpard, yes but Gerrard is quality and miles better than Milner.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2010, 02:48:34 PM

That is madness. Hargreaves in for Lumpard, yes but Gerrard is quality and miles better than Milner.

My only regret at having joined the FofF family is my inability to say, at this point, "Okay, Mr. Checkbook, let's go down the pub and continue this conversation over a pint or twelve."

Sigh.

and I am The Mad Hatter, so I don't take offense.  :beer:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Serotonin

When sparky took over I got quietly excited by the prospect of signing either Bellamy or Ireland. Today has burst my bubble  :doh:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2010, 02:51:44 PM

My only regret at having joined the FofF family is my inability to say, at this point, "Okay, Mr. Checkbook, let's go down the pub and continue this conversation over a pint or twelve."

Sigh.

I have had my own fair few moments of madness, once arguing that Claus Jensen was one of the best and most technically gifted players of his generation and that he would have been at a top club had it not been for injuries. I was being egged on by a sympathetic Charlton fan and several pints of strong larger however...  :011:

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2010, 02:51:44 PM

Sigh.

Takes a few posts though.  No stop it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

richardhkirkando

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2010, 02:59:30 PM
I have had my own fair few moments of madness, once arguing that Claus Jensen was one of the best and most technically gifted players of his generation and that he would have been at a top club had it not been for injuries. I was being egged on by a sympathetic Charlton fan and several pints of strong larger however...  :011:

No, you were right all along :beer: