watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele doesnt score for Celtic again

Started by sunburywhite, July 23, 2016, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Substituted (tactical) after 65 mins but that what 4 games ? now that he hasn't scored?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

I seen a few of them too. Anonymous in the ones I have seen.no doubt he will look.better against some of the poor spl teams
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

That's Sunday morning football for you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

He is obviously not fit yet and it will take time. I'm sure he will come good in the end but I believe he poo'd on Fulham football club big time and became greedy. I do not wish him any success wherever he goes

grandad

Quote from: Andy S on July 24, 2016, 07:42:35 AM
He is obviously not fit yet and it will take time. I'm sure he will come good in the end but I believe he poo'd on Fulham football club big time and became greedy. I do not wish him any success wherever he goes
Agree & the same goes for Roberts & Hyndman. None of them are any way near the finished article. They have all been lead by their agents who must have pocketed huge sums themselves.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Herbie

I wouldn't lump Hyndman in the same bracket as Roberts and Dembele in terms of attitude. I think his move was more down to the fact that he wasn't playing as much as he needed to continue his development.

Roberts and Dembele had much more of a swagger about them as though they believed they were too good for Fulham.

fulhamben

Quote from: Herbie on July 24, 2016, 11:01:30 AM
I wouldn't lump Hyndman in the same bracket as Roberts and Dembele in terms of attitude. I think his move was more down to the fact that he wasn't playing as much as he needed to continue his development.

Roberts and Dembele had much more of a swagger about them as though they believed they were too good for Fulham.
really? Do you think he will get more playing time in the Premier than he would here then, I dont

aaronmcguigan

He didn't score in 2 friendlies and 2 competitive matches. In a new team with a new manager with new tactics.

Why berate him like this? Why even make it an issue?

gang

I'm sorry but I could never rate him as highly as some people did, I just found it a crazy move to sign for Celtic when if he was that good a top English or European club would have wanted him.

bog

I will never forget him taking a penalty in the FA yoof semi or final cup on tv (television). He tried to look rather special and put the kick over the bar showing little concern. I don't mind arrogance in players if they deliver however if they don't....   (Berbatov)

092.gif

Thank you and good night   

Tonywa

Is anyone surprised? Could have done with at least another season at the Cottage before he was remotely ready to move up. Still presumably the wallets of he and his agent are suitably filled.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tonywa on July 24, 2016, 11:59:10 AM
Is anyone surprised? Could have done with at least another season at the Cottage before he was remotely ready to move up. Still presumably the wallets of he and his agent are suitably filled.
do you think the spl is a step up then? One horse town and he is ridding it

Woolly Mammoth

Create the sound of a Coconut by banging two Horses together.

Never forget your Roots.

TrexFFC

At least Hyndman actually showed true ambition by signing for a Premier League team that I believe will give him chances because of a manager I really rate in Eddie Howe. As for the other two...

fulhamben

Quote from: TrexFFC on July 24, 2016, 12:53:56 PM
At least Hyndman actually showed true ambition by signing for a Premier League team that I believe will give him chances because of a manager I really rate in Eddie Howe. As for the other two...
are you saying Roberts lacked ambition by signing for city? 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2016, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: TrexFFC on July 24, 2016, 12:53:56 PM
are you saying Roberts lacked ambition by signing for city? 

Create the sound of a Coconut by banging two Horses together.

Never forget your Roots.

cheerupjimmyhill

Are we saying they bought him to play in the 1st team straight away?

If so then that's alot of pressure on him and fair play to him for having the confidence to take it on..

Sub standard league but a massive club.

Ron91

I personally wish him the best, the sad reality is that Celtic are a step up from us (Champions League). I think we will be better without him and i have watched him in a Celtic shirt and i think Ross might have made him look better than he is.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Ron91 on July 24, 2016, 06:40:39 PM
I personally wish him the best, the sad reality is that Celtic are a step up from us (Champions League). I think we will be better without him and i have watched him in a Celtic shirt and i think Ross might have made him look better than he is.

I would never have thought Celtic we're a step up from us, what ever gave you that idea. On the contrary their League program is easier than my Sunday morning outfits League program.

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ron91 on July 24, 2016, 06:40:39 PM

I would never have thought Celtic we're a step up from us, what ever gave you that idea. On the contrary their League program is easier than my Sunday morning outfits League program.

I wish Dembele' well and hope he proves to be the as great as many seem to think he is.  However I have to agree with Ron on both of his points. 

First point - I do think Celtic are a step up if for the only reason of playing in the Champions League.  Dembele' would never have gotten that kind of exposure playing with FFC in our current state.  One could also argue that Celtic are a bigger club do to world recognition from playing in the Champions League.  This is probably even more true now that FFC plays in the Championship. 

Second point - I also think Ross probably made Dembele' look better then is.  I lost count of how many times Dembele' got the ball at his feet and lost it under pressure or from trying to hard at being fancy.  Too me Dembele' is notorious for taking to many touches especially in the final third.  Dembele' feed off Ross by being in the right place at the right time.  Credit to him for that.  In the end though Dembele' in my mind was just a good poacher that liked to play a high line and needs a strong playmaker partner to help him. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?