watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Russell, Martin and Keogh.

Started by Tooting legend, July 24, 2016, 07:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

If we sell McCormack we are raiding derby say the tabloids. Thoughts.

Roberty

A headline I found says:-

Norwich, Newcastle and Aston Villa - all relegated from the top-flight last season - want the striker to fire them back up at the first attempt.

I admire their optimism - Ross has always scored goals but he's never done it at a club that got promoted
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Roberty on July 24, 2016, 08:28:06 AM

Norwich, Newcastle and Aston Villa - all relegated from the top-flight last season - want the striker to fire them back up at the first attempt.

I admire their optimism - Ross has always scored goals but he's never done it at a club that got promoted

The DM had an article saying that Villa were set to offer 10M for Ross....Didn't we already reject a bid larger then that for him?

CincyFulham1

Of the three I think I would take Russell.  He's pacy, can play out wide and we need more pace and width.  Martin would be OK as a backup for Ross, but not even close to a replacement.  Keogh is just another version of Stearman, but of the two I'd take Stearman.

Nero

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 24, 2016, 08:33:26 AM
Quote from: Roberty on July 24, 2016, 08:28:06 AM

The DM had an article saying that Villa were set to offer 10M for Ross....Didn't we already reject a bid larger then that for him?

Most of gone to the same school of negotiations as Rigg

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2016, 09:47:22 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 24, 2016, 09:10:27 AM
Of the three I think I would take Russell.  He's pacy, can play out wide and we need more pace and width.  Martin would be OK as a backup for Ross, but not even close to a replacement.  Keogh is just another version of Stearman, but of the two I'd take Stearman.

Keogh is like two of stearman side-by-side. Much bigger player. They'd probably work well as a pair. Either way it Would resolve our lack of strength at CB if we signed him.

They're both 6'2" and Keogh 7 kilos heaver, not that much of difference really.

fulhamben

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on July 24, 2016, 10:04:34 AM

Keogh is like two of stearman side-by-side. Much bigger player. They'd probably work well as a pair. Either way it Would resolve our lack of strength at CB if we signed him.

has slavisa used stearman as a cb in pre season?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2016, 10:06:09 AM

has slavisa used stearman as a cb in pre season?

I thought he had, but I went back through the friendlies and JS seems to flip him between LB/RB.  So I guess we could use Keogh in the middle of the defense.

Patrick

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2016, 10:46:52 AM

Try 2 stone heavier. Then imagine trying to outmuscle someone the same height as you but with that weight advantage. I was at the derby game last year, saw them both close up and can tell you the difference is massive.

The problem with Keogh...for both Derby and Ireland....is that while he is consistently good  in 'run of the mill'  games ....in high pressure games he has repeatedly made extremely costly errors....so I just question his mental strength.....so not for me...