watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Live Football Thursday Nights on ITV

Started by Lighthouse, August 17, 2010, 04:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

So Fulham reach the Europa final and the games in the latter stages are shown on C5 or ITV 14.2

Liverpool haven't even reached the group stages yet but the games are live on ITV 1.

If ever people from other clubs think we over do the unfairness of our tv coverage. This example says it all. ITV and Liverpool. Soon to be bankrupt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

Absolute bull I know but, lets face it. TV is about ratings. When Liverpool are on TV people around the country are going to watch WHO-EVER they are playing. Whereas we, unfortunately have to expect that we have a smaller fan base :016:.

Though this does show incredible bias from ITV it has to be said.
FTID

Lighthouse

Fair enough. But Liverpool fans can only look at the adverts and make a list of things to look out for next time Gerrards away from home.

Where as the Fulham fans could afford to buy them.

Andy Crysell

Yep, I saw that and thought the same thing.

Let's hope Hughsie can get a siege/underdog (or whatever it takes!) mentality going at the Cottage, to motivate the lads with this sort of stuff.

Andy Crysell

[/quote]
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 17, 2010, 04:14:59 PM
Fair enough. But Liverpool fans can only look at the adverts and make a list of things to look out for next time Gerrards away from home.

Where as the Fulham fans could afford to buy them.

Eeerm, LOL, like (to be fair).

epsomraver

TV works out who has the largest armchair support, for Hubcap's team  they use the Jeremy Kyle show ratings and decided there was enough interest

SmithyFFC

And Lighthouse, to be fair mate, Fulham fans can actually afford the dosh to go to extra european games   :beer: :003: :045: :011:
FTID

timmyg

Does anyone know who the TV deals work with the Europa league?

Like, do the teams dictate the deals or do the networks? Or is it UEFA?

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

SmithyFFC

Quote from: timmyg on August 17, 2010, 05:00:38 PM
Does anyone know who the TV deals work with the Europa league?

Like, do the teams dictate the deals or do the networks? Or is it UEFA?

In the competition proper, Channel FIVE get first pick of which game they wish to broadcast. Once FIVE have had there pick, ITV get there chose of a match. Last season, Everton and Liverpool were picked for the FIVE games (mostly) leaving our games to be picked up by ITV/ESPN. ITV chose to broadcast our games on ITV4, probably because they knew our games wouldn't attract 'big ratings'. For the qualfifiers however, it seems this does no apply and ITV got first choice.
FTID

Pata

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 17, 2010, 04:18:34 PM
And Lighthouse, to be fair mate, Fulham fans can actually afford the dosh to go to extra european games   :beer: :003: :045: :011:
Really? :) I must've been reading a different forum last season. :)
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

bit of a sweeping statement there,wasn't it?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 17, 2010, 05:52:14 PM
bit of a sweeping statement there,wasn't it?

It was a generalization - like all fat people are jolly and Liverpool fans are thieves and everybody who defends Roy for leaving us is an imbecile. Jokes require generalizations to work.  :54: