News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Fulham introduced this would you be in it?

Started by CorkedHat, August 18, 2010, 11:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Arsenal are to invite fans to buy shares in the club and play a role in its governance. Supporters will be invited to pay a minimum of £100 for one 'fanshare'
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

AlFayedsChequebook

If it worked at Arsenal then I would definitely be interested. However, I think this is just a marketing ploy aimed at keeping the fans quiet. Unless you have real money, i just cannot see how you could influence the club

Lighthouse

I agree. Just a 100 quid so the club can tap us on the head and make us think we are part of inner workings? No I wouldn't be interested.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tktd

Could we be cheeky and buy shares in Arsenal? If every Fulhamfan bought a share - and then you take out about 5,000 who wouldn't be up for it or who couldn't def afford it - we could have 10/15,000 shares? How many is that in relation to Arsenal? Then we could influence their boardroom decisions and bring them down - or get paid an even more substantial amount to leave. :) Sound good?

sipwell

Quote from: Tktd on August 18, 2010, 11:21:40 AM

Could we be cheeky and buy shares in Arsenal? If every Fulhamfan bought a share - and then you take out about 5,000 who wouldn't be up for it or who couldn't def afford it - we could have 10/15,000 shares? How many is that in relation to Arsenal? Then we could influence their boardroom decisions and bring them down - or get paid an even more substantial amount to leave. :) Sound good?

Isn't this a "similar" moral dilemma as whether or not to drop a nuke?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jimpav

Quote from: Tktd on August 18, 2010, 11:21:40 AM

Maybe the Man City sheik could buy his wives Arsenal as a Christmas present.

FatFreddysCat

I saw that, wasn't it £100 for a hundreth of a share. I'd probably buy 1 share in Fulham for £100 in one of my more flush moments , but defo not at the moment.

finnster01

What a scam. First of all, I am sure these are a different class of shares that will be subordinate to anything that already have been issued. Secondly, I am sure there are all kind of restrictions on how many any fan can own.

If there weren't, the Russian or the American who are both a whisker away from owning a full 30% of the club and making them able to make a tender offer for all remaining shares as per UK regulations would have used some of their billions to scoop it all up and take control of the club.

This is just another way of getting 100 quid from every fan on top of the annual overpriced 3 different kits made in China routine.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on August 18, 2010, 12:23:38 PM
What a scam. First of all, I am sure these are a different class of shares that will be subordinate to anything that already have been issued. Secondly, I am sure there are all kind of restrictions on how many any fan can own.

If there weren't, the Russian or the American who are both a whisker away from owning a full 30% of the club and making them able to make a tender offer for all remaining shares as per UK regulations would have used some of their billions to scoop it all up and take control of the club.

This is just another way of getting 100 quid from every fan on top of the annual overpriced 3 different kits made in China routine.

6 kits if you are unfortunate enough to be a so called Spurs fan....

You've hit the nail on the head Mr Finn, what a scam indeed