watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

just tossing this out there / if Konch leaves

Started by HatterDon, August 18, 2010, 02:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

If Dembele is the goods, how would y'all like to see this?

Right back: Simon Davies
Left back: Damian Duff
Right MF: Clint Dempsey
Left MF: Dembele

There can't be anyone who watched more than five minutes of Fulham last season that could doubt that Duff and Davies contributed mightily with their defensive skills, or that they are the two most dangerous attacking wing players we have. I just love the thought of whipsawing opposition defenses by alternating overlapping attacks by these two.

What do you think?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on August 18, 2010, 02:14:54 PM

There can't be anyone who watched more than five minutes of Fulham last season that could doubt that Duff and Davies contributed mightily with their defensive skills, or that they are the two most dangerous attacking wing players we have. I just love the thought of whipsawing opposition defenses by alternating overlapping attacks by these two.

What do you think?

I think that would make Wigan our Blackpool's defences look world class. SD ok at RB, duffy however, wont be up and down as he has little of his pace left, and, I also think is too lightweight to play a left-back.

Sorry!
FTID

mccscratch

I think this has been thrown around a bit but if Paul leaves do we try Duff @ LB? He could certainly make the marauding runs down the flank that Konch liked to do and he obviously offers the same threat of a shot or cross....

I have thought that Davies could be a great RB as well but not ahead of Paintsil at the moment...

It might allow us to squeeze Dembele in up front and then Gera, Davies and Dempsey can fight for the left and right spots? Or heck does Dembele come in to play on the left side of midfield in a more traditional winger role?
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

mccscratch

What do you think?

I guess we are on the same wavelength today HD.... 45 sec apart on our near identical posts...

Mr Fulham

Duff as LB and Matthew Taylor as left midfielder. :045:

Actually, I would love Wayne Bridge to make a return.

RidgeRider

Interesting idea, I think Duff could and has played LB for us before but........KONCH cannot be allowed to leave, he is far too valuable!

I am just hoping it is just paper talk cause he only has a year left on his contract. As you can tell, I would hate to see him....he makes thinks things happen as evidenced by our form when he went down last year.

mccscratch

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2010, 02:25:27 PM

What is the word on Bridge... is he staying at Citeh to help with the 25 man since they need some homegrown boys? Or is he available for a loan... I would imagine he would enjoy a return to the Cottage.. of course that is awful close to an arch enemy... can the SW6 survive with them that close in proximity...

AlFayedsChequebook

What do you think?

I would love to see this against a lower league side in the FA cup. The only other time I would like to see it is if we needed goals desperately.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

What do you think?
That will get goals ,however I do worry that that would leave our defence exposed too much,it would be entertaining to see in a cup game though :clap_hands:

Jimpav

Duff isn't really cut out for the left back role. He proved this at Newcastle. Much better on the wings.

Davies is lright but doesn't have a patch on Pantsil.

So with respect HD I'm out.

I do agree that we should sign a left back before we sell Konch. This was our achiles heel whilst he was injured and I think it would be foolish to even consider it.

Tom

What do you think?
Not bad HD. I would like to see this except for Duff and see how it works out. Davies filled in well last year in the back.
Fulham for life!

Rupert

I just love the thought of whipsawing opposition defenses by alternating overlapping attacks by these two.

I know we Brits have a bit of history for slagging Brother Johnathan off for the use and misuse of the English language, something which apparantly dates back to pre-Revolutionary War times, but I would just like to say, HatterDon, that I am very impressed by your imaginitive use of "whipsawing" in the above.
:clap_hands:

Now to see if I can use it in a conversation over the next couple of days. :008:

To answer the question, no I wouldn't like to see Duff as left back, it doesn't make the most of his strengths and does expose a few of his weaknesses. If we do lose Konchesky then we need a replacement or we need a junior player to step up pretty sharpish.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LRCN

bigalffc

Quote from: Jimpav on August 18, 2010, 03:39:43 PM

Duff isn't really cut out for the left back role. He proved this at Newcastle. Much better on the wings.

Davies is lright but doesn't have a patch on Pantsil.

So with respect HD I'm out.

I do agree that we should sign a left back before we sell Konch. This was our achiles heel whilst he was injured and I think it would be foolish to even consider it.
totally agree
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on August 18, 2010, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2010, 02:25:27 PM

What is the word on Bridge... is he staying at Citeh to help with the 25 man since they need some homegrown boys? Or is he available for a loan... I would imagine he would enjoy a return to the Cottage.. of course that is awful close to an arch enemy... can the SW6 survive with them that close in proximity...

Can't see him staying at Citeh. Being a squad player made him unhappy at Chelsea. Can't imagine why this should be different at Citeh.

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

alfie

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2010, 07:39:46 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 18, 2010, 07:37:16 PM
Quote from: Lork on August 18, 2010, 06:19:56 PM
no no no!

What exactly are you trying to say

Playing Duff and Davies is ridiculous defensive-wise.

Sorry Mr Fulham that was just a little bit of funning, was not meant as a serious question
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

Quote from: alfie on August 18, 2010, 07:48:53 PM
Sorry Mr Fulham that was just a little bit of funning, was not meant as a serious question

Ah, ok...no worries. :54: