watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jozabed

Started by JoelH5, August 24, 2016, 10:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Thought he looked great tonight. You can tell he's gifted technically and looked very calm on the ball. Can't wait to see him after some more minutes under his belt
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Just because he doesn't have a weight exceeding 54.72KG Kline, I mean Statto, I think he'll be fine ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

hopper

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 10:56:43 PM
The guy makes Ruiz look like Arnold Schwarzenegger and I'd be surprised if he wins a single challenge all season. So I expect him to get stick from some quarters. But he looks good on the ball, keeps it well and has an absolutely fantastic eye for a pass. Not a bad for a debut on a rainy night in Putney.

Haha, I don't think Mariah Carey could make Ruiz look like Schwarzenegger. What did he do, or more to the point not do?

@jolslover

He looked class. Very happy with his debut. Vision and touch were something else. Different wavelength
STH H3

The Cravenette

I thought he was brilliant tonight and  a great improvement in our corners too. I thought he was pretty tough too, he was knocked about a bit but didn't roll around like some of his  fellow countrymen do.

bobbo

I'm a bit indifferent about him, he made some good passes and his corners/free kicks were executed well but he got beat to the ball quite a few times and looked a little shy of getting stuck into a challenge. First match in a very very different enviorenment than he is used to so here's hoping he'll be good , I'm sure he will if joka has been instrumental in digging him out.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Carborundum

Well, I vividly remember Bryan Ruiz's 45 minute debut against Blackburn and the sheer shock on his face at what he had let himself in for.  Senor Jozabed did rather better than that, but tonight will have given him plenty to think about too.  Particularly about industry in defence.  Statto doesn't expect him to win a tackle and that's generous, because it envisages him making one first.  For now a good plan is to work on getting back faster and just making a bit of a nuisance of himself by getting in the way.  Tunni and Adeniran know what to do.

With the ball he was more than fine. He's clearly undercooked on pre season training and took a shot from 30 yards out just before going off that seemed to have been selected as preferable to having to run any further. 

Big Arnie wasn't quite the film star I was thinking of whilst watching him. Charles Hawtrey was where I landed.

He's going to provide plenty of talking points.  Hope he enjoyed it. 

kdjr100

I thought he was solid - did the simple stuff well although seemed to either panic or think too much when the decisive pass/shot was needed - I imagine this will come with game time however, I can see him linking up with Cairney and Aluko very well indeed.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

MJG

I liked him. Clearly not match fit, but showed some real nice touches. Looks like we ha e someone who can take a corner and beat the first man.
Don't see him playing in a midfield two but across the pitch behind a striker will do fine.
I can see him being a real star.

Skatzoffc

Agreed not match fit. His first game , extra time will have helped his match fitness as well, was probably an eye opener for him.
But looked good on the ball. Some nice crosses and passes.

I like what I see but think it will be 2-3 games before we see his full potential.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

Not my type of player, another Ruiz by the look.
Same type of pass all the time, no strength and easily passed by
At times, please dont make excuses that he isnt fit.
Did we actually pay money for this guy? :005:

Mince n Tatties

Apart from that he looked quite decent. :yay:

Chutney

He was a right footed Ruiz, but a lot less physical. If he doesn't up his strength and work ethic he will be slaughtered on here.

I personally loved Ruiz for his attitude and ability, Jozabed has the ability for sure so if he can get his work ethic right He'll be a hit with me.

I just hope that we're able to look past the "omg he doesnt run as much as tunnicliffe" viewpoint with him, so many of our technically brilliant players get abuse from our fans, the most recent being Berbatov and Ruiz.

He also seems to take an excellent set piece, which is a bonus.
C O Y W

filham

No, sorry, I was expecting things from Jozobed but nothing of note was there to be seen. Just can't see him making our Championship team.
A poor man's Ruiz at the best.
Hope I am proved wrong.

alfie

I was not there last night so cannot comment on performances, but it is strange that supporters can have a complete opposite view of a player.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Chutney

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2016, 09:04:25 AM
I was not there last night so cannot comment on performances, but it is strange that supporters can have a complete opposite view of a player.

Its always the technically gifted players it happens to, some fans want effort and hard work and will bash any player that doesn't sprint everywhere and come off the field knackered after every game.

Just because a player doesn't bust a gut up and down the pitch for 90 mins doesn't mean he can't win us a game with a little flick through ball or a 30 yard curling free kick.

C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on August 25, 2016, 09:04:25 AM

It is funny Alfie.
A dear departed friend of mine used to think The Maestro
was lazy overpaid..Funny old game Saint.
100 quid a week ! Your havin a larf!

Max Headroom

Unbelievable!!

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

He didn't set the world on fire last night, but i saw enough to see he will be good for us. Plenty of good touches.

Much physically better than Ruiz. I saw the game v Blackburn which was embarrassing, but he was pretty good last night.

You cannot judge a new player to English football after one game. Give him a chance for crying out loud.

fiveclack

Didn't see the game, but comments here are pretty funny but predictable. Good job it's a team game where the component parts can be put together with different strengths to create a unit. We'll get in 11 Dickson Etuhu's will we? Some folk need to come out the stone age.

fulhamben

Quote from: fiveclack on August 25, 2016, 01:11:01 PM
Didn't see the game, but comments here are pretty funny but predictable. Good job it's a team game where the component parts can be put together with different strengths to create a unit. We'll get in 11 Dickson Etuhu's will we? Some folk need to come out the stone age.
can you imagine 11 players all miss placing 5 yard passes.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.