News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

UK Channel 5 Football League Basically sucks!

Started by Bedford White, August 24, 2016, 11:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedford White

Watched our victory over Middlesbrough this evening, looked like the Cottagers dished out another lesson in football to me, this was followed by Sunderland vs Shrewsbury. Sunderland were unable to break the deadlock until 7 mins before time.

Which of these games drew the pundits comments do you suppose? You guessed it, Sunderland and their goal scorer. Not one mention, word, nor acknowledgement of the whites victory.

Unless they're slagging us of they've nothing positive for us.

Just venting but am I the only one who's slightly peeved by this denial of our existence?

Bedford White

Mince n Tatties

beijing ben

Quote from: Bedford White on August 24, 2016, 11:43:04 PM
Watched our victory over Middlesbrough this evening, looked like the Cottagers dished out another lesson in football to me, this was followed by Sunderland vs Shrewsbury. Sunderland were unable to break the deadlock until 7 mins before time.

Which of these games drew the pundits comments do you suppose? You guessed it, Sunderland and their goal scorer. Not one mention, word, nor acknowledgement of the whites victory.

Just venting but am I the only one who's slightly peeved by this denial of our existence?

I put a similar comment on our china supporters group chat. It annoys the hell out of me. We beat a premier league side that made six changes from their weekend side whilst we made 10 changes. It deserves an acknowledgement ffs!!

Bedford White

Quote from: beijing ben on August 25, 2016, 12:30:39 AM
Quote from: Bedford White on August 24, 2016, 11:43:04 PM

I put a similar comment on our china supporters group chat. It annoys the hell out of me. We beat a premier league side that made six changes from their weekend side whilst we made 10 changes. It deserves an acknowledgement ffs!!
j

I couldn't agree more, I reckon we could win the league in April with 4 games to go and they'd still ignore us.  :dft007:

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

H4usuallysitting

toshes mate

I don't actually understand the apparent media embargo over coverage of Fulham and I wonder just when the damage was done to have this inflicted on FFC.  It is across a whole spectrum of sports coverage providers and it is too apparent to be a figment of anyone's imagination.  I put it down to advertising revenue as in which teams provide the highest viewing figures thereby giving better income.  Fulham, even in the PL, were the Cinderella's of advertising revenue, and it is time to write to your MPs about bias in media that is against broadcasting regulations.  Your emails or letters do not have to say much more than these broadcasting companies - list a few - do not give FFC fair coverage.  I have done it and received replies but it is the number of complaints that will draw action from the companies concerned.  Even the BBC played Fulham down during the Hodgson era and so it is nothing new.

FFCFOREVER

Its just a continuation from the days when we were shown on Match of The day.Always last or almost last even when there were plenty of goals scored in our games then.It makes me sick TBH.

bill taylors apprentice

I've not seen it yet but it doesn't take much effort to imagine, because its the same week after week!

Its a shockingly bad program anyway, with cardboard cut out presenters and "pundits"

Never thought I'd say this but Steve Claridge's is a genius in comparison.

Rhys Lightning 63

A lot of Fulham fans in the past have had the theory that the media ignore us because they hated Al-Fayed due to him and his conspiracy theories towards Prince Phillip after Dodi & Diana's death.

Crackpot I know, but it's the best reason I can think of as well
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

toshes mate

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 25, 2016, 08:56:10 AM
A lot of Fulham fans in the past have had the theory that the media ignore us because they hated Al-Fayed due to him and his conspiracy theories towards Prince Phillip after Dodi & Diana's death.

Crackpot maybe, but actually makes a lot of sense.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: toshes mate on August 25, 2016, 08:59:05 AM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on August 25, 2016, 08:56:10 AM

Crackpot maybe, but actually makes a lot of sense.

I can assure you it dates back much further than that.

In fact I can remember my dear old Dad writing to the London evening papers (when there were more than one) and complaining about the lack of interest!

aaronmcguigan

We beat a team who were in the same league as us a few months ago. They are nothing special .

If we want more media coverage, we need to be in the premier. We're a small team and we need to help ourselves before the media support us, frankly being in this second rate league, I'm grateful of any coverage devoted to us. Media should be rightfully , focusing on the pinnacle of football in this country.
It was a great feeling having more people talk about us in the premier league and that's where we should aim To be

Arthur

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 25, 2016, 09:39:19 AM
We beat a team who were in the same league as us a few months ago. They are nothing special .

This.

Football highlights programmes on the television are aimed at the armchair football fan. C5, in making the decision how to use what little discussion time they had, decided that more viewers would be interested in Sunderland's struggle to overcome a League 2 side than our victory over 'unfashionable' Boro.

And they'd be right. Had it been, say, Cardiff, Preston or Birmingham who had made ten changes and beaten our opponents, would I have been interested to know the ins-and-outs of these clubs' second-string players? Frankly, no.

Whitesideup

Well, I would call it "second tier" rather than "second-rate". I think the standard of football is high, the organization and structure of even the so-called weaker or smaller teams is normally very good so that results are very unpredictable as games will often turn on "moments". My bet is that the Championship is the highest standard second tier league in the world. Of course we can never prove this, but how do attendances compare to Serie B or the second division in Germany for example?

Twig

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 25, 2016, 09:39:19 AM

If we want more media coverage, we need to be in the premier. We're a small team and we need to help ourselves before the media support us, frankly being in this second rate league, I'm grateful of any coverage devoted to us. Media should be rightfully , focusing on the pinnacle of football in this country.
It was a great feeling having more people talk about us in the premier league and that's where we should aim To be

Sorry, but the whole point is that we didn't get fair share of coverage even when we were in the prem (or the old Divn 1 for that matter).

Barrett487

Preview of the match on Talksport on Wednesday morning didn't mention a single Fulham player......... they didn't even get on th SJ speculation bandwagon. They totally dissed us.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 25, 2016, 08:51:24 AM
I've not seen it yet but it doesn't take much effort to imagine, because its the same week after week!

Its a shockingly bad program anyway, with cardboard cut out presenters and "pundits"

Never thought I'd say this but Steve Claridge's is a genius in comparison.

The pundits on there, not Iwelumo the other one, sitting
Every week in a brand new suit with matching tie and top
Pocket hanky...Needs to dress down a bit, think he was off
To work in the City.