News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Manager on the Offal - Not going anywhere.

Started by Lighthouse, August 24, 2016, 11:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Slavi?a Jokanović was proud of his Fulham team after watching them put Premier League side Middlesbrough out of the EFL Cup.

The Head Coach made a number of personnel changes for the Second Round tie at Craven Cottage, and his decision was justified with a 2-1 victory after extra-time.

?I have to be proud,? he stated. ?We showed quality, we showed the right spirit, we showed character. At the end I thought we deserved to win this game.

?I?m proud of what they did in the game, how they fought. We showed we are a united group in this moment, and this is the best news for us.

?This is my squad. I made more changes than Aitor [Karanka] made for this game. Everything is logical. We?ve played six games. For him it?s the third game and their next game is Sunday.

?We are going to play Saturday and after this it?s the international break. I believe I did my job with logic, and at the same time Aitor Karanka did his job with logic. I don?t believe I surprised anybody with my decision.?

After the match, Jokanović was asked about comments he made following the Whites? draw with Cardiff City at the weekend.

?I never had any plans to leave Fulham,? he stressed. ?If I complain about something it?s because I want the best for my team, my teammates, the supporters too.

?I want to be successful, and this is very good for my team, for the supporters, for the Club, too. If I am successful, people around me are going to be, too.?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JDH101

I have a serious man crush on SJ. The wife should be very concerned.

Skatzoffc

Wears his heart on his sleeve and fights his corner.

Nope, nothing wrong there.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Slaphead in Qatar

After the mess we made of the manager search - we are lucky we ended up with someone like him.

H4usuallysitting

Maybe, just maybe it's because of Kline that Joka is our coach/manager thingy

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2016, 11:53:25 PM
Slavi?a Jokanović was proud of his Fulham team after watching them put Premier League side Middlesbrough out of the EFL Cup.

The Head Coach made a number of personnel changes for the Second Round tie at Craven Cottage, and his decision was justified with a 2-1 victory after extra-time.

?I have to be proud,? he stated. ?We showed quality, we showed the right spirit, we showed character. At the end I thought we deserved to win this game.

?I?m proud of what they did in the game, how they fought. We showed we are a united group in this moment, and this is the best news for us.

?This is my squad. I made more changes than Aitor [Karanka] made for this game. Everything is logical. We?ve played six games. For him it?s the third game and their next game is Sunday.

?We are going to play Saturday and after this it?s the international break. I believe I did my job with logic, and at the same time Aitor Karanka did his job with logic. I don?t believe I surprised anybody with my decision.?

After the match, Jokanović was asked about comments he made following the Whites? draw with Cardiff City at the weekend.

?I never had any plans to leave Fulham,? he stressed. ?If I complain about something it?s because I want the best for my team, my teammates, the supporters too.

?I want to be successful, and this is very good for my team, for the supporters, for the Club, too. If I am successful, people around me are going to be, too.?

I think even in his statements SJ has demonstrated his craft and commitment, and is working to become an indispensable asset to FFC.  His comments about success demonstrates how he knows the infectious quality of a winning or unbeaten run can strengthen mindsets to a level coaching rhetoric cannot achieve on its own.   Self belief, confidence, consistency and character are really robust when built over a period of time, and so, by Xmas I expect SJ to have really shown how tough a team Fulham have become.

aaronmcguigan

Can we just be done with it all and make him manager instead of head coach, he deserves all the control he wants

Ordar

MJG

I note that Dave Kidd who broke the 'Walkout' Story the other night sort of gave a retraction yesterday

Dave Kidd @davekiddmirror

A different source close to Jokanovic tells me he is fully committed to stay at FFC despite differences with Craig Kline. Happy to pass on.

hovewhite

Need to redefine his role to manger along with a 5year contract minimum .get it done the Shad!!