watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts on Today (Cup)

Started by @jolslover, August 25, 2016, 12:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Joronen 6- Decent game, Not tested much but distribution was decent, Often starting a counter with a quick release
Grimmer 6- Solid game, Final ball sometimes lacking but didnt make any mistakes
Stearman 6- More composed than usual, One shocking error but other than that solid game
Ream 7- Good game, Made some good tackles and put his body on the line (The better CB off the night I think)
Malone 8- Put in a great shift tonight, Defended well and going forward was a handful for Baptiste. Swapping him for Richards was a mild form of robbery.
Tunnicliffe 8- Great game, Worked so hard, am sure he covered every blade of grass. Made some important interceptions and no passing errors
Adeniran 7- Solid game, Impressive for a 17 year old, did the dirty stuff. Powerful but never going to be a creative player.
Edun 7- Invisible first 40 mins, But once he got going was a real handful. Great footwork at times and great energy.
LVC 8- Looked like the LVC of old. Skillfull and worked hard, caused them problems and glad he got his goal.
Jozabed 8- Touch and technique brilliant. Looked a tad lightweight but vision was something else. On a different wavelength to rest of squad. Great corners aswell.
Woodrow 6- Didn't quite come off for Woodrow today but still did alright, Worked hard and some decent hold up play.

Kavanagh 5- Only player who I would say didnt play well.
Smith 6- Won a few headers, typical Smith game.
De La Torre 7- Looked bright when he came on. Quick and skillful against a tired defence.

Overall MOTM just goes to Scott Malone. Tunnicliffe a close second. Very happy.
STH H3

JDH101

Your post - 9. Solid. Good to know since I couldn't be there. Thanks.

@jolslover

Quote from: JDH101 on August 25, 2016, 12:16:19 AM
Your post - 9. Solid. Good to know since I couldn't be there. Thanks.

ahaha cheers, yh just trying to give people there a taste of what (I thought) Went on
STH H3

snarks

Only disagree with a couple of those, Cauley was everywhere, he was the first line of defence and put in his best shift in a Fulham shirt (that I've seen) but can't really be a lone striker so I'd give him a 7. Kavanagh I also thought did ok when he came on and it was his shot headed of the line, also their winger didn't get past him so he gets a 6 too. Otherwise I agree.

Jamie88

Agree with most but think you are being very harsh on Kavanagh. I'm one of his critics but thought he did a good job tonight

@jolslover

Quote from: snarks on August 25, 2016, 12:21:47 AM
Only disagree with a couple of those, Cauley was everywhere, he was the first line of defence and put in his best shift in a Fulham shirt (that I've seen) but can't really be a lone striker so I'd give him a 7. Kavanagh I also thought did ok when he came on and it was his shot headed of the line, also their winger didn't get past him so he gets a 6 too. Otherwise I agree.

Cheers for feedback mate, Cauley did make some good defensive contributions. But hes a striker so unfortunately doesn't raise his score. Dont think Kavanagh used his right foot once. Looked out of his depth for me.
STH H3

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Thanks guys, good to hear from people that were there, sounds like we've got a reasonable 'B team' for a change
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

kdjr100

Nice ratings - it's always tough, but I thought we looked much more solid at the back with Kav instead of Grimmer, so interesting that you thought otherwise! The truth is there probably wasn't much difference between them.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

Snibbo

Thanks for the comprehensive report

Fulham Tup North

049:gif Great to hear we seem to have a bit of decent depth this season !
Well played lads.
COYW.  078.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Grimmer I'd have gave another point to.
Been injured hasnt played at all, did his job?

Chutney

Pretty much spot on, I think you're harsh on Woodrow however, the lad worked his socks off and a lot of our good play was built up around him.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 25, 2016, 08:13:30 AM
Grimmer I'd have gave another point to.
Been injured hasnt played at all, did his job?
I'm always going to defend Jack and it was his first game since injury. Nice low cross for Woodrow chance and always looking to get up field.

Ream apart from goal i thought was good and made a great tackle in the box second half.

Youngsters all started failry quiet, but once into the second half all started to show what they can do. Torre's cameo in last 15 was excellent.

MOTM for me was Tunnicliffe, played the holding role really well and the run forward for the goal was good. Still a good player to have in the squad if he can just keep it simple and stop tryingt o be something he is not.

bobbo

Quote from: @jolslover on August 25, 2016, 12:05:42 AM
Joronen 6- Decent game, Not tested much but distribution was decent, Often starting a counter with a quick release
Stearman 6- More composed than usual, One shocking error but other than that solid game
Ream 7- Good game, Made some good tackles and put his body on the line (The better CB off the night I think)
Malone 8- Put in a great shift tonight, Defended well and going forward was a handful for Baptiste. Swapping him for Richards was a mild form of robbery.
Tunnicliffe 8- Great game, Worked so hard, am sure he covered every blade of grass. Made some important interceptions and no passing errors
Adeniran 7- Solid game, Impressive for a 17 year old, did the dirty stuff. Powerful but never going to be a creative player.
Edun 7- Invisible first 40 mins, But once he got going was a real handful. Great footwork at times and great energy.
LVC 8- Looked like the LVC of old. Skillfull and worked hard, caused them problems and glad he got his goal.
Jozabed 8- Touch and technique brilliant. Looked a tad lightweight but vision was something else. On a different wavelength to rest of squad. Great corners aswell.
Woodrow 6- Didn't quite come off for Woodrow today but still did alright, Worked hard and some decent hold up play.

De La Torre 7- Looked bright when he came on. Quick and skillful against a tired defence.

pretty much agree with this but do we realise that although not exactly what we would have fielded most of last season played out there and it speaks volumes for jokanovic. I've slung many brickbats in tunnie's direction in the past but despite a few poor passes/clearances in the first half this lad was excellent last night, I've never faulted his enthusiasm or work rate just his past ability. For me he was an important cog in the wheel and all over the pitch he wanted the ball. So tunnie here's a bouquet to round it off well done lad.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

RaySmith

Thanks lads for  the reports.

I was pleased that Cauley played the 90 minutes before getting injured, and  good to hear about his defensive contribution.

His game must surely improve if he gets more game time? Misses chances, and sometimes poor control,  through lack of confidence perhaps.

But this was a brilliant result for our young team, who have hardly played together. I feared the worst, listening to Jim, in the first half, though we seemed to fight our away back into it by the end, and the second half we sounded brilliant. And kept going in extra time!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: @jolslover on August 25, 2016, 12:05:42 AM

My modest adjustments and comments:

Great to see Grimmer back and playing solidly. We now have our reliable back up at right back.

The combination of Streaman and Ream still frightens me. An unusual situation where their seem to add up to less than the sum of their parts rather than more. But at least looked more solid as the game went on.

Adeniran may not get oohs and aahs for his creative work but, particularly for his age, he reads the game well, protects the back four, snuffs out situations and then makes a simple but positive pass. I am very pleased with his performances in both cup games.

Jozabed seemed fine. Good passer and dead ball player. I did not see that he was a class apart on last night's performance and certainly not up there with those of Malone and Tunnicliffe.

I did not see that Kavanagh did anything wrong to deserve less than a 6.

Overall a good performance as a team with special mention for the youngsters. We never looked overawed, plenty of nice touches, kept going with a winning attitude. Good night all round for our B team who have booked themselves another outing in the next round.

nose

i am not going to have a go at anyone that was a great team effort...everyone did brilliantly. there were a few dodgy moments from one or two of the players, but even messi doesn't always get it right.
I think their goal was a bit of poor marking but it was a great cross and header and it was a single error of its sort in an  otherwise good defensive performance.

Regarding the full backs on the right. a biot ring rusty but couldn't really complain.

In other words everyone gets 9.5/10 churlish to give anything else.