https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking like were not going to get

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 30, 2016, 12:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Martin or Rhodes.....wonder if we're going to run out of time

ChesterTheTabby

By God if we run out of time we might as well give Humphrys a shot. Kid seems to be a monster.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HatterDon

Could be that neither Joka nor anyone in the front office wanted either of those two guys.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

we're actually doing OK so far without a 'striker'
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Carborundum

We are probably aiming for a couple of players with one or two out.  That seems manageable in the time available.  Suspect there are clubs that have rather more to get done. The complexities and uncertainties involved will get the better of some.

Mince n Tatties

I presume nothing will be done till tomorrow, we have bidded
For Martin, ball is in Derby's Court now.

westcliff white

we would have won the two games we had drawn with a striker, but time will tell. We may not get martin but a bid has been made. Rumours in Belgium are Cyriac almost certain to leave Oostende, he played 68 minutes yesterday wide left of a front three
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

I'd not worry or panic about this. Club has shown that while fans might moan and worry we are never ever going to sign anyone ever again...they go about doing what they do and then a new name appears one morning and signed in afternoon.

f321ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 08:18:21 AM
I'd not worry or panic about this. Club has shown that while fans might moan and worry we are never ever going to sign anyone ever again...they go about doing what they do and then a new name appears one morning and signed in afternoon.

Come on Mike what have you heard? 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Cyriac medical today? Or has he disappeared up his own.****

sipwell

Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2016, 07:37:18 AM
we would have won the two games we had drawn with a striker, but time will tell. We may not get martin but a bid has been made. Rumours in Belgium are Cyriac almost certain to leave Oostende, he played 68 minutes yesterday wide left of a front three

I haven't read anything in the press about this...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

westcliff white

Quote from: sipwell on August 30, 2016, 08:57:27 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 30, 2016, 07:37:18 AM

I haven't read anything in the press about this...
I never said he was linked to us in the press (however it has been all over twitter, for what thats worth) but was speaking to a colleague in our brussels office this morning and he says looks like Cyriac will leave but no firm links to any club.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 30, 2016, 02:19:19 AM
we're actually doing OK so far without a 'striker'

Our inability to kill off games has already cost us 4 points.

EastEndWhite

And our goal difference is only +3.  We need to be winning our games by bigger margins.

H4usuallysitting

We probably need 2 out and out strikers, we definitely need 1 out and out striker

MJG

Quote from: EastEndWhite on August 30, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
And our goal difference is only +3.  We need to be winning our games by bigger margins.
Thats ok after 5 games.
last season top two had +4
3rd,4th and 6th had +3 and 5th had +2

After 10 games
1st +6
2nd +10
3rd +9
4th +6
5th +6
6th +3

As a very rough guide on goal difference, if you want to be a top 6 side you half the number of games played and you want a goal difference better than that number.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Thats ok after 5 games.

After 10 games
1st +6
2nd +10
3rd +9
4th +6
5th +6
6th +3

As a very rough guide on goal difference, if you want to be a top 6 side you half the number of games played and you want a goal difference better than that number.

It's a very rough guide, since any plus goal difference which reflects the number of won games by the odd goal and exceeds thirty (that is ninety points) will almost certainly guarantee the Championship.  There are any number of ways of measuring success but the oldest method is in the won games column and the not lost Draw column.   Winning thirty games and drawing ten of the sixteen others would be one hundred points and that would take us up by April.....  The goal difference is only really relevant when you are letting in plenty at your end and not scoring at the other.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on August 30, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
Thats ok after 5 games.

After 10 games
1st +6
2nd +10
3rd +9
4th +6
5th +6
6th +3

It's a very rough guide, since any plus goal difference which reflects the number of won games by the odd goal and exceeds thirty (that is ninety points) will almost certainly guarantee the Championship.  There are any number of ways of measuring success but the oldest method is in the won games column and the not lost Draw column.   Winning thirty games and drawing ten of the sixteen others would be one hundred points and that would take us up by April.....  The goal difference is only really relevant when you are letting in plenty at your end and not scoring at the other.
Which is partly why I tried to answer the post which seemed concerned about GD.

toshes mate

Mmm, wh
Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 10:54:01 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 30, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
Thats ok after 5 games.

After 10 games
1st +6
2nd +10
3rd +9
4th +6
5th +6
6th +3

Which is partly why I tried to answer the post which seemed concerned about GD.

Which means that your goal difference will be determined by how heavily you lost the games you lost, but will not alter your points totals.  That is about goal difference too - which is why I was suggesting goal difference can be meaningless. 

Mince n Tatties

Talksport....Fulham win race for Chris Martin.
Also back in for Ben Marshall along with Sheff Wed.