watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well done Moussa Dembele

Started by davew, September 28, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Scoring 2 goals tonight against Man City!!! As a few have said you have moved to a club in a league no better than the Championship, but over the next couple of years you will realise the potential that most of us knew you have! Wish you had stayed with us 1 more year or even to the January window, forget the loyalty comments, you have to do what you have to do!! COME BACK (LOL)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Carborundum

Yes, well done indeed.  Very good player.

Barrett487

I care much more for Roberts, than i ever will for Dembele, because he left in the full knowledge that the club that had brought him on and shown faith, giving him his chance to shine, was going to get diddly-squat from him. I feel quite bitter about the lad tbh.

@jolslover

Top player. Always rated him, Some idiots on here said Woodrow was better than him.
STH H3

Twig

Quote from: Statto on September 28, 2016, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on September 28, 2016, 11:01:13 PM
I care much more for Roberts, than i ever will for Dembele, because he left in the full knowledge that the club that had brought him on and shown faith, giving him his chance to shine, was going to get diddly-squat from him. I feel quite bitter about the lad tbh.

We could have sold him for £4m in January but didn't because we'd probably have got relegated without him. So he didn't earn us any money but he did save us from relegation. My regret is with the club, because I find it hard to believe he'd have left if we'd offered him £20k/week and a reasonable minimum fee release clause..

+1 again jolslover , those comparisons are already beginning to look quite ridiculous now

My sentiments as well.

Keynsham

Didn't we nick Roberts from Wimbledon?

alfie

Quote from: @jolslover on September 28, 2016, 11:09:07 PM
Top player. Always rated him, Some idiots on here said Woodrow was better than him.
Just because someone may have a different opinion to you does not make them "idiots"
No need for rudeness
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MJG

I still struggle to see how anyone could argue Woodrow is better than Dembele and calling for him to play in front of him last season. Different skill set but the best one for a striker he scores goals.

Chutney

Don't enjoy people slating youngsters on here, firstly people slating Dembele for leaving (especially after his goals helped us retain our place in the division) and secondly people calling other posters idiots for rating Woodrow, we forget he's still young and learning because he's been with us for a while.

Dembele left as he got a better deal elsewhere, thousands of players do this every year, the fact we got diddly-squat for him was down to the club. Blaming Dembele is very harsh.
C O Y W

Mince n Tatties

To even compare them is ridiculous.
That match last night was a proper football game,and the atmosphere just incredible.

Bassey the warrior

Can't blame him for leaving, that's football. Looks like a good move for him. I hope he makes it.

Burt

Quote from: @jolslover on September 28, 2016, 11:09:07 PM

Valid comment, but can we have less of the name-calling please as it detracts from what you are trying to say, people are entitled to hold a different opinion, and this may provoke a response about the abuse rather than the intended content of the post.

Cheers

Burt

Burt

All I know is that had we managed to keep Dembele we would still be in the top 6...

Losing him, and McCormack, without effectively replacing them, may cost us dear this season.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Burt on September 29, 2016, 10:38:39 AM
All I know is that had we managed to keep Dembele we would still be in the top 6...

Losing him, and McCormack, without effectively replacing them, may cost us dear this season.

Agreed. That's the one big failing in the transfer window. We went for the budget option and it's not paid off so far.

westcliff white

If we are in with a shout come January we will need to sign someone to help us push on
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Quote from: The Moose on September 29, 2016, 10:40:21 AM
Quote from: Burt on September 29, 2016, 10:38:39 AM

Agreed. That's the one big failing in the transfer window. We went for the budget option and it's not paid off so far.

I can agree with this also, we categorically failed in this respect. While we strengthened in other areas we have been left without a prolific goal scorer, which we have always had as our saving grace. That said, we must have cash to spend in January, so could well sign a top striker for the second half of the season. Until then we will have to rely on goals from midfield and the occasional contribution from the current crop of strikers.

C O Y W

Riverside

Yes it is a pity that we did not get more cash for Demebele
That was a choice as we could have had that cash in Jan

Actually though I am impressed by how Dembele or his advisors are managing his career

PSG to Fulham - why step down in size of club ? . Great Academy
Stays as Fulham all last season despite interest from premier league clubs pre season onwards . Yes partly the club blocking but we all know if a player really wants to leave he does . - why stay ? Regular 1st team football .
Fulham to Celtic ?  Why to the Scottish League and not to Spurs etc . Possibly even less money . Again a chance to play regularly .When he does leave he will expect to go to whichever club as a starter .

Also to note at each level and each step up he scores . A rare and precious talent .

We should be proud of our part in developing him and thank him for the season and goals he did give us

toshes mate

Quote from: Riverside on September 29, 2016, 11:17:16 AM

Actually though I am impressed by how Dembele or his advisors are managing his career

Stays as Fulham all last season despite interest from premier league clubs pre season onwards . Yes partly the club blocking but we all know if a player really wants to leave he does . - why stay ? Regular 1st team football .
Fulham to Celtic ?  Why to the Scottish League and not to Spurs etc . Possibly even less money . Again a chance to play regularly .When he does leave he will expect to go to whichever club as a starter .

Also to note at each level and each step up he scores . A rare and precious talent .

We should be proud of our part in developing him and thank him for the season and goals he did give us

+1 As a goal scoring talent.  Perhaps had Symons been replaced earlier our season wouldn't have ended up with Dembele wanting out.   In many ways the Club is the architect of its own disasters. 

Bill2

Quote from: Chutney on September 29, 2016, 08:35:30 AM
Don't enjoy people slating youngsters on here, firstly people slating Dembele for leaving (especially after his goals helped us retain our place in the division) and secondly people calling other posters idiots for rating Woodrow, we forget he's still young and learning because he's been with us for a while.

Dembele left as he got a better deal elsewhere, thousands of players do this every year, the fact we got diddly-squat for him was down to the club. Blaming Dembele is very harsh.

Anybody have an idea how much we got for Dembele in the end?

Bill2

Quote from: Riverside on September 29, 2016, 11:17:16 AM

Have to agree with all your points regard him leaving, but my moan is why have an academy when you bring the one gold nugget on amongst the others and then see them taken from you for peanuts at the end of their first contract when they are still only 18/19.