watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The ryder cup thread

Started by fulhamben, September 30, 2016, 10:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Not good. Need 3-1 at least this afternoon to finish 5-3 which would be best we can hope for.

westcliff white

we fell apart in the last 6/7 holes in 2 games, terrible performance

TWFL

Poor picks for the afternooon I think. Sullivan should be in, so too one of Wood/Fitzpatrick. Rose and Kaymer should be out. Rose's putting this morning was shocking.

SoCalJoe

There is a long way to go, but when I saw The King's aka Arnold Palmer's Ryder Cup golf bag on the first tee and the gallery were chanting his name, I knew the Euros were going to have a tough go this morning. Huge mistake by Darren Clarke not having Russell Knox on the team, 2 wins, 2 runner-ups, Top Ten in both $$/Fedex points on PGA Tour this year.

Wholly's 'golf is organized loafing' post in 5...4...3...2...

You can observe a lot by just watching.

BedsFFC

Yes, we are under the cosh, its not pretty but the loud "U.S.A...U.S.A" is just really nauseating. It must be annoying for even the American viewers....maybe not.

I love the atmosphere but can't we teach them a few different songs....mind you, coming from a Fulham fan...kettle..black..pot

fulhamben

At this rate we won't even make it too Sunday. Need a big afternoon

westcliff white

Quote from: TWFL on September 30, 2016, 06:25:45 PM
Poor picks for the afternooon I think. Sullivan should be in, so too one of Wood/Fitzpatrick. Rose and Kaymer should be out. Rose's putting this morning was shocking.
Why pick on Rose and Kaymar, Garcia and Sullivan fell apart at the end of their rounds and westwood was non existant, So 3 or 4 could have been rested and Westwood should not be playing again till the singles

alfie

I think it was Kiplin who said "Golf is a good walk spoilt" tend to agree with him, purely because i am no good at it, but i really hope we give them a walloping, and i will watch bits of it if i have nothing else to do.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 30, 2016, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 30, 2016, 06:41:54 PM
There is a long way to go, but when I saw The King's aka Arnold Palmer's Ryder Cup golf bag on the first tee and the gallery were chanting his name, I knew the Euros were going to have a tough go this morning. Huge mistake by Darren Clarke not having Russell Knox on the team, 2 wins, 2 runner-ups, Top Ten in both $$/Fedex points on PGA Tour this year.

Golf is organised loafing, it is the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing. 
Where as weightlifting is ideal for keeping your bmi in check :005:

love4ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 30, 2016, 02:24:57 PM
Americans already one up on the Europeans and $100 richer, to boot.

Just awesome...and something you just don't see with other sports.

Absolutely love Ryder Cup!

Just heard about this on npr.  Absolutely brilliant.  I would never have been able to sink the putt due to the pressure I'd putt myself under. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulham Tup North

1st Point on the Board for Europe!!
Justine Rose is earning me money already :)
COYEuro's
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 30, 2016, 11:46:42 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2016, 08:58:03 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 30, 2016, 08:50:02 PM
Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 30, 2016, 06:41:54 PM

Golf is organised loafing, it is the only sport where you actually put on weight while you are playing. 
Where as weightlifting is ideal for keeping your bmi in check :005:

What does bmi stand for dare I ask grasshopper ?
body mass index. Weight to height ratio

fulhamben

RolandAJ

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 30, 2016, 06:44:13 PM
Yes, we are under the cosh, its not pretty but the loud "U.S.A...U.S.A" is just really nauseating. It must be annoying for even the American viewers.

I'm American and as patriotic as most, but I grow tired of the incessant chanting.  After awhile it just has a rude edge to it.  My opinion.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

TWFL

Quote from: westcliff white on September 30, 2016, 07:00:54 PM
Why pick on Rose and Kaymar, Garcia and Sullivan fell apart at the end of their rounds and westwood was non existant, So 3 or 4 could have been rested and Westwood should not be playing again till the singles

Rose massively upped his game (his putting) in the afternoon, I'll admit to being wrong on that one. But maintain that Kaymer should've been out. Pairings for tomorrow look decent though.

Oh and Rory McIlroy is playing some phenomenal golf. The passion he's doing it with too, my god.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2016, 12:04:46 AM
So what does 6'8" 19st 12lb, with a six pack indicate.
that you are due roid rage ;)

fulhamben

Quote from: TWFL on October 01, 2016, 05:04:52 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 30, 2016, 07:00:54 PM

Rose massively upped his game (his putting) in the afternoon, I'll admit to being wrong on that one. But maintain that Kaymer should've been out. Pairings for tomorrow look decent though.

Oh and Rory McIlroy is playing some phenomenal golf. The passion he's doing it with too, my god.
rose did up his game, but stensen was different gravy. And as for rory, I've said it before, if he plays to his top standard then no one in the world can touch him. Dustin had a good round but couldn't keep up with him