watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ref's giving us nothing

Started by Andy Crysell, August 22, 2010, 04:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCSteve

Wow what a match. Had just about everything in there. Including a ref hell bent on giving ---utd every opportunity to win!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Steve_orino

Quote from: FFCSteve on August 22, 2010, 06:00:57 PM
Wow what a match. Had just about everything in there. Including a ref hell bent on giving ---utd every opportunity to win!

Agreed and couldn't have put it better myself.  Hard-earned point.

Let's get three next week and have 5 for the first month.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

LRCN

the ref should have given us a penalty but apart from that i didn't see him do much wrong?

Andy Crysell

I agree with that 100%

Quote from: FFCSteve on August 22, 2010, 06:00:57 PM

FFCSteve

Quote from: Lork on August 22, 2010, 06:10:55 PM
the ref should have given us a penalty but apart from that i didn't see him do much wrong?

You didn't see any dodgy decisions then?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Lighthouse

Well the BBC thought Duff was unlucky to have a penalty against him. If that was a penalty Fulham should have had one for a hand ball. Then what about the shirt pulling on Dembele. 5 Live are not fans of Fulham but the point was made that we were unlucky not have the rwo pens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

Quote from: FFCSteve on August 22, 2010, 06:19:41 PM
Quote from: Lork on August 22, 2010, 06:10:55 PM

You didn't see any dodgy decisions then?

nope, not really.

Oakeshott

Ludicrous penalty decision against Duff - how could the ref. possibly believe he deliberately handled it when the ball popped up off his knee and his arm made no movement to the ball?

Luckily, not costly.

LRCN

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 22, 2010, 06:27:26 PM
Ludicrous penalty decision against Duff - how could the ref. possibly believe he deliberately handled it when the ball popped up off his knee and his arm made no movement to the ball?

Luckily, not costly.

yeah but if oshea had done that i would have done my nut in if we didn't get a penalty.

Andy Crysell

Lork, what about Dembele having his shirt wrenched off his back??

Quote from: Lork on August 22, 2010, 06:29:05 PM

Luckily, not costly.

yeah but if oshea had done that i would have done my nut in if we didn't get a penalty.

Peabody

Just got back and have to say that it was a terrific game spoilt somewhat by Peter Walton. I said to my neighbour, he is going to give them a pen soon and he did. Cant be sure wether it was delberate by Duffy but ten minutes after that , there was an identical handball in the United area and he just waved play on.  He really was poor but it was a terrific game anf I reaally enjoyed it when our lot sang 'We only support our local team'

cebu

Quote from: Peabody on August 22, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
Just got back and have to say that it was a terrific game spoilt somewhat by Peter Walton. I said to my neighbour, he is going to give them a pen soon and he did. Cant be sure wether it was delberate by Duffy but ten minutes after that , there was an identical handball in the United area and he just waved play on.  He really was poor but it was a terrific game anf I reaally enjoyed it when our lot sang 'We only support our local team'
Hi Peabody, I was watching the match on my PC, so I had the benefit of seeing a slow motion replay of the handling incident in the United box. In fact it hit the guy's ar$e!
You just knew though that if a United defender had done what Duff did, he wouldn't have given Fulham a penalty!

Of course Dembele was fouled in the box and no pen - why aren't we surprised, eh?

ImperialWhite

In fairness (and I do agree we should have had a pen, they probably didn't), Murphy did hack over Scholes I thought. At least, had Scholes tackled Murphy in the same way I reckon we might have called for a card.

Andy Crysell

Just saw the highlights on MOTD2.

No sign of Dembele having his shirt yanked off his back (surprise, surprise).

Looking at the OG again, it was like a tennis doubles moment: it fell slap-bang between two, so neither of our boys on the line knew who should go for it.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on August 22, 2010, 06:29:05 PM

Luckily, not costly.

Duffs was never in a million years a pen, if Oshea had done it and we got a pen i'd think fcek what a result the ref has fecked up big time , shocking decision, and Dembeles shirt was a defo pen, or would have been if he was wearing red.

LRCN

well i said that dembele should have won us a penalty. but apart from that the ref was decent. i didn't notice him anyway and the dembele thing is the only reason you could argue bias really. thought the duff thing was a penalty all day long, as i say you would expect them to be given for you as well as against you. don't think we felt too sorry for mcmahon of middlesbrough a couple of seasons back.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lork on August 23, 2010, 01:19:12 AM
well i said that dembele should have won us a penalty. but apart from that the ref was decent. i didn't notice him anyway and the dembele thing is the only reason you could argue bias really. thought the duff thing was a penalty all day long, as i say you would expect them to be given for you as well as against you. don't think we felt too sorry for mcmahon of middlesbrough a couple of seasons back.
Why would Duff deliberatly handle the ball under no pressure what so ever? a trully terrible decesion.

LRCN

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 23, 2010, 01:28:01 AM
Quote from: Lork on August 23, 2010, 01:19:12 AM
Why would Duff deliberatly handle the ball under no pressure what so ever? a trully terrible decesion.

it wasn't delibrate. two penalties and yellow cards were given against serbia i think for hands in the air when actually they were being used for balance and the defender misjudged the flight of the ball so when they went to head it it missed and hit the hand. so while it was accidental it still effected the play. smalling against basel is another example. definate penalty and only zamora complained about it, and he complains about everything. like i said i'd be gutted if a thing like that happens and we didn't get a penalty.

Lighthouse

What is the hand ball rule? In them olden days deliberate and seeking to gain an advantage were prime reasons. Now every time the ball hits a hand (except United) than it is a hand ball. The shirt pulling is another where it is given some times but not others.

Offside rule. United player off the field played Dempsey on but BZ was also off the field so?

We now need to change the wording of the handball rule. Clearly it was accidental and not seeking to gain an advantage. So anytime a ball hits a hand then it should be a free kick.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 23, 2010, 01:35:25 AM
What is the hand ball rule? In them olden days deliberate and seeking to gain an advantage were prime reasons. Now every time the ball hits a hand (except United) than it is a hand ball. The shirt pulling is another where it is given some times but not others.

Offside rule. United player off the field played Dempsey on but BZ was also off the field so?

We now need to change the wording of the handball rule. Clearly it was accidental and not seeking to gain an advantage. So anytime a ball hits a hand then it should be a free kick.

The handball rule is stupid, how often do you actually see a player deilberately handle the ball? Yet some many free kicks, pens, yellow and red cards are given for 'handball'.
FTID